Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

TGR's Official Guide to buying legal weed in Colorado!!!

Here is the Map-

http://gazette.com/list-and-map-colo...rticle/1511511

and, 42 could be open, as Denver is pretty much on point-

"the city of Denver said that 42 retail marijuana businesses — stores, grow facilities and makers of marijuana-infused products — had completed city requirements and can operate Jan. 1 if they get state licenses."

Bobby Stainless I imagine has some recommendations…..
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

why not just get that illegal weed?

much more pleasing
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

The High school career counselor finally has a viable option for those in their 5th year of HS.

Will they be selling edibles, too?

^^^ thisa is really all that i am interested in
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    definitely.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    By the UPS package load...

I imagine these places are going to run out of weed pretty quick in their first days/week, but I'm wondering how well it will sell after a lot more businesses open, especially since it's taxed to hell and you can get the same product but way cheaper at medicinal shops without the 25% tax. I'm sure there will still be a lot of illegal weed out there since that will be cheaper as well? It will be a boon for tourism and for folks interested in convenience/curiosity who don't smoke regularly or don't have a medicinal card already though.

it will cause much pain to CO - many tools from eastcoast with stupid accents and savage educations will out bro the BROSTATE...soon snowboarding will be the thing to do and skiing will be outlawed
    Zone Controller

I'm pretty skeptical of this whole "weed tourism" emerging industry especially over the long run. In states where pot is still illegal, is it really that hard to come by? I think not.

again, Aspen is not known for powers of deduction or critical thinking...

access to edibles and concentrates... plus ability to send care packages home

Cheeba chew, i hear, is the ticket
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    I'm pretty skeptical of this whole "weed tourism" emerging industry especially over the long run. In states where pot is still illegal, is it really that hard to come by? I think not.
    Well, shit, I just can't walk into a fucking store down the corner and buy a lid, furcristsake. I think it's just a wee bit harder around here. Especially that jail thing.

Just like Disneyland.

Pot tourism seeks acceptance in Colorado as first retail shops open

By Eric Gorski
    The Denver Post

The dawn of pot tourism in Colorado will bring shuttle buses to the state's first recreational marijuana shops, guides sharing their stashes with out-of-staters and watchful eyes at ski resorts and Denver's airport.

After months of speculation, the opening of the nation's first recreational pot shops Wednesday will provide early signs of whether marijuana tourism is legitimate and worthy of investment or overstated and damaging to the state's image.

At least three pot-themed tourism companies that didn't exist a year ago are preparing to welcome their first visitors of 2014 and trying to figure out how state and local regulations will influence their plans.

Angela and Daniel Bernhardt manage the pot-friendly Cliff House Lodge and Hot Tub Cottages in Morrison. The inn allows pot consumption in rooms, and guests Angela and Daniel Bernhardt manage the pot-friendly Cliff House Lodge and Hot Tub Cottages in Morrison. The inn allows pot consumption in rooms, and guests regularly imbibe on the back porch.

The state tourism office is keeping its distance, while the ski industry is assuring guests the slopes are pot-free and the air is clean.

Marijuana industry officials estimate 30 percent of recreational sales — made possible by voter-approved Amendment 64 last year — could be made by out-of-state visitors.

But there are limits. While Colorado residents 21 and over may purchase up to an ounce of marijuana at licensed pot shops, out-of-staters may purchase only a quarter-ounce at a time. And marijuana cannot be taken out of state.

"We've had a lot of interest, a lot of curiosity, a lot of buzz," said Peter Johnson of Colorado Green Tours, a travel agency seeking to cater to a luxury crowd.

Johnson's company will take guests in limos and SUVs to newly opened stores and private grow operations. Guides are "cannabis aficionados" who share their supply with guests for no charge, Johnson said.

"We are professionals in the travel business," said Johnson, 39, who has worked as a stock trader and tech entrepreneur. "We're not a bunch of stoners trying to have a party."

Timothy Vee, owner and operator of Colorado High Life Tours, is going after budget travelers. For $99 a person, the company offers "a Napa Valley wine tour, but with marijuana."

The day-trips include guided tours of retail stores with stops at tourist spots like the mile-high step at the state Capitol. Afterward, everyone gets a "Mile High Club" sticker.

Vee said he expected a clientele of young adults, but so far his 50 or so clients are mostly baby boomers and retirees.

To address concerns about his drivers getting high, the 45-year-old Vee said that inside vehicles he is using vaporizers, which heat up marijuana and deliver the high without second-hand smoke or much smell.

Under Colorado law, it's illegal to have an open container of marijuana in a private vehicle or consume pot on public transportation.

State law is not entirely clear about whether passengers in limousines, tour vans or tour buses can smoke marijuana.

The Colorado Clean Indoor Air Act prohibits smoking marijuana in any limousine or other vehicle that holds itself out as available to the public. Those certified by the state Public Utilities Commission may meet the description. The law provides an exception for "limousines under private hire" but does not define that term.

The state's new open-container law for marijuana, meanwhile, provides an exception for back-seat passengers in vehicles "designed, maintained, or used primarily for the transportation of persons for compensation."

My 420 Tours, which launched before April 20, pot's big holiday, has eight tours scheduled through April, with the first on Wednesday, co-owner Matt Brown said.

"There are a lot of people who just want to see — who want to see what is behind the door," he said.

The Day One plan is to ferry visitors to pot shops and a party called Cannabition, which was scaled back and moved because of uncertainties about whether it runs afoul of Denver restrictions.

Brown sees pot tourism at a juncture similar to where medical marijuana dispensaries stood in 2009 — a new industry in search of clearer regulations.

"If 2013 ends and 2014 begins with things seeming wildly out of control and flagrant violations of the intent of Amendment 64, I think we get more severe, crackdown-type rules," he said.

The Colorado Tourism Office is not budging from its stance against promoting pot tourism, director Al White said.

"Our position is there is a whole lot more to do and see in Colorado," he said. "We are not going to change that platform. It's too early at this point to understand what kind of impact it will have."

Visitors to Colorado spent $9.4 billion in the state in 2011, the office says. Richard Scharf, president of Visit Denver, warned before the 2012 vote that legalization would damage Colorado's brand and could result in fewer conventions and leisure tourists.

Two weeks ago, Visit Denver officials toured a Denver dispensary at the invitation of the Denver-based Medical Marijuana Industry Group.

Visit Denver spokesman Rich Grant said the city's convention and visitors bureau remains unconvinced about pot tourism. Visit Denver needs the best return on investment, and marijuana tourism has no track record, he said. Grant said the city has yet to lose any conventions from groups citing the passage of Amendment 64.

Colorado ski resorts are reminding guests through e-mails and signs that public smoking of marijuana is illegal, said Jennifer Rudolph, spokeswoman for the industry group Colorado Ski Country USA.

She said resorts are telling visitors that resorts "are a safe place to ski and ride and to enjoy the mountains and the fresh air."

Most Colorado ski resorts are on U.S. Forest Service land, and federal law prohibits all marijuana possession. In a memo last summer laying out expectations for recreational marijuana in Colorado and Washington, the Justice Department identified keeping pot off federal land as a priority.

At Denver International Airport, officials plan to begin enforcing a new policy soon prohibiting possession of marijuana on all airport property, spokeswoman Stacey Stegman said.

After Amendment 64 went into effect, airport visitors could carry an ounce or less at the airport as long as they weren't going through security, she said. Flying with marijuana — including medical marijuana — is not allowed because pot possession is prohibited by the Transportation Security Administration, she said.

Stegman said city-owned DIA chose to bar all possession and display of pot to eliminate confusion and make the same rules apply to all.

The airport has discretion to set such rules under state law and city charter. On other city property, possession of marijuana is legal, but it cannot be displayed or transferred.

Stegman said the airport will add decals on sliding glass doors and signs stating the rules. Violators may be fined up to $999.

State Rep. Dan Pabon, a Denver Democrat who sat on a task force that recommended rules and regulations for recreational marijuana, said tourists should know the state has set limits, including prohibiting driving while stoned.

"It's a cautionary tale at the very least to those who think this is just a free-for-all state," Pabon said. "It's definitely not."

With little more than word of mouth, the Cliff House Lodge and Hot Tub Cottages in Morrison has become a destination for visitors who enjoy marijuana as tourists or use it as medicine.

Angela Bernhardt, who with her husband manages the historic inn, said tobacco smoking is prohibited in rooms — not-so-subtle code words. On the back porch, surrounded by privacy fences, guests routinely partake in pot smoking, she said.

"It's been happening for years, and there's a huge market for out-of-state tourism coming in," Bernhardt said. "Shutting down any of it is stupid. This is like being at the forefront of a movement."
    http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_248200...rce=rss_viewed

One wonders how UPS, FedEX, Post Office, and the Feds are co-ordinating between themselves for the sudden boom of small packages leaving the state.

Does anyone here know anyone who's actually spent time in jail just for weed?

Maybe things are different elsewhere but even way back before we had any reason to believe pot would become legal if the cops found some on you they'd just make you dump it on the ground and grind it under your shoe. They'd confiscate any paraphanelia, talk sternly to you and send you on your way. You'd have to have a lot all divided up for sale or be a complete tool and giving them a reason to fuck with you to get busted for it and no one I've ever known has spent any time in jail just for weed.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Quote Originally Posted by BDKeg View Post
    I imagine these places are going to run out of weed pretty quick in their first days/week, but I'm wondering how well it will sell after a lot more businesses open, especially since it's taxed to hell and you can get the same product but way cheaper at medicinal shops without the 25% tax. I'm sure there will still be a lot of illegal weed out there since that will be cheaper as well? It will be a boon for tourism and for folks interested in convenience/curiosity who don't smoke regularly or don't have a medicinal card already though.
    I think there is going to be enough enforcement of illegal weed, and enough desire from people to want to buy legally, and market pressures, that the businesses will thrive. Any black market price won't be that much cheaper, I suspect. I also don't think there will be a 25% difference in price, market pressures will reduce that. I mean, people can brew their own beer or distill their own liquor, and would if it were illegal, but nobody buys significant amounts of illegal hooch. Weed will eventually become the same way, though it won't happen overnight.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post

Maybe things are different elsewhere but even way back before we had any reason to believe pot would become legal if the cops found some on you they'd just make you dump it on the ground and grind it under your shoe. They'd confiscate any paraphanelia, talk sternly to you and send you on your way. You'd have to have a lot all divided up for sale or be a complete tool and giving them a reason to fuck with you to get busted for it and no one I've ever known has spent any time in jail just for weed.
    Utah, Texas and pretty much every other red state are really aggressive about weed. People definitely go to jail in those states.

I bet NORML has some stats on that, but I'm too lazy to look.

Dude, we're all white here, and white people don't go to jail for weed. Small amounts, that is.

You must be white.

I know a small number of people who have served incarcerative sentences for small amounts, a much larger number who have served time for household grow ops and small time dealing, and a very large number who have had suspended sentences (probation) for various weed crimes. And that's in Vermont - it's much worse elsewhere.

DigitalDeath did time in a Russian penile colony after getting caught trying to smuggle a kilo in his rectum - when asked why he tried to take so much in there, he replied - "I have room for it"
    Putin tired of his shenanigans and sent him back to Minn with just an Internet connection and hudge anal void...
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

I think that the fact that it is going to be legal in WA & CO will somewhat mute the "demand" factor to some degree once the novelty wears off. No one in either of those states exactly has a terribly hard time scoring bud right now.

Sure it will be cool to run out for a gallon of milk, some tampons and a quad of kush but I'm thinking there is plenty of weed to go around, both black market and at the corner store....

Fucking DasCunt - there are already a ton of threads on this. Delete this you Moran. We don't need another dumbass OFFICIAL 2014/2015 Colorado Weed thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Angela and Daniel Bernhardt manage the pot-friendly Cliff House Lodge and Hot Tub Cottages in Morrison.

From their website: Hot Tubs: We ask that you DO NOT wear clothing of any kind while in the hot tubs.

Hmmm... Interesting. Tell me more.

Can out of state buyers purchase BHO? Is there a quantity limit?
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.