Foam injected liner in a new(different) shell?

Has anyone successfully used a foam injected liner "foamed" in one pair of shells when they moved on to a new pair?

In this case I'd be going Dobermann 130 < Raptor 130, both size 26, with a Nordica lace-up liner.

I picked up the Heads second hand and will be able to answer this question myself once they arrive. But, while I wait I am curious to hear if people think this is a hopeless cause, or if they have a decent chance of working for me.

The obvious best case would be to get new liners, but I don't want to pay for that. I know people move ZipFits from shell to shell but they are a little different animal. I am hoping since we are talking about two shells with a similar last I might have a snowballs chance in hell.
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

I did it on a whim out of an old pair of Nordica race boots I had into a Tecnica. My stock liners packed and the boot started sucking, so I tried it. It worked really well for me for that particular boot.
    I've got the key to the highway... I'm gonna leave here runnin', walkin's far too slow

Quote Originally Posted by montanamike View Post
    I did it on a whim out of an old pair of Nordica race boots I had into a Tecnica. My stock liners packed and the boot started sucking, so I tried it. It worked really well for me for that particular boot.
    Mike,

Thanks for the reply. Obviously its a case-by-case basis type thing but good to know that it worked for you. Since I am also moving from two relatively similar boots I am hoping I have the same experience.
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."