View Poll Results: Bluehouse 5 Semi finalist for Not Just another Ski Design Contest

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Omega Man

21 36.84%
  • The Functor

4 7.02%
  • Gargoyle

8 14.04%
  • Springsteen | the Boss | Born to Run

4 7.02%
  • Sugar Tits

20 35.09%

Bluehouse 5 Semi finalist for Not Just another Ski Design Contest

Bluehouse 5 Semi finalist for Not Just another Ski Design Contest
    Here are your final 5 skis to choose from Voting starts now and runs through January 31.
    Top 2 will be built in Feb and available for demos mid Feb-April. Final voting- April 15-30

Ski Name Omega Man
    TGR Name Soylent Green
    Length 190
    Dims 142-122-134
    Camber Flat
    Tip Rocker 35 CM
    Tail Rocker 20 CM
    Nose Shape: early taper starts with rocker
    Tail Shape: squareish with a skin notch
    Flex: Stiffish
    Where will this ski Perform: all mountain and touring, short turn radius for tree skiing, 18meters
    Other:Cool Charlton Heston post apocalyptic graphic on the topsheet.

Ski Name The Functor
    TGR Name Buster Highmen
    Length 198
    Dims 135-115-117
    Camber Flat
    Tip Rocker 35 CM
    Tail Rocker: Flat Tail
    Tip Shape bulbous
    Tail Shape Pin but Stiff
    Flex Medium Soft
    Where will this ski preform: This is a ski intended for softer snow, from untracked blower to manky chop. Wide enough for float with a pintail for schmear, the overall longitudinal flex is tuned for softness in the tip but a firmer tail to both control speed and provide the launch into the next turn. The ski s intended for better skiers who know how to put weight into the ski and release it to get that kick and ride into the next slice.
    The softly rockered tip and forebody for float with increasing stiffness underfoot and progressively stiffer tail intended to send energy from the flexed forebody early in the turn into the tail at the end of the turn for that trampoline jet off the end of the turn into the next.
    Torsionally stiff for bite across all snow types.
    Light in weight.
    Other: Exudes hormones from Jack Johnson with olfactory essense of Fabio and Mick Jagger. Tough as Keith Richards, faster than Buckethead, funk as George Clinton and Bootsy.

Ski Name Gargoyle
    TGR Name Flotsam
    Length 185
    Dims 137-105-124
    Camber 5mm camber beginning 60cm back and ending 40cm from the tail
    Tip Rocker 45cm/ 7cm tip rise +15cm flat
    Tail Rocker 15cm/ 3cm half-twin +25cm flat
    Tip Shape taper in from 60cm
    Tail Shape taper from 40cm
    Flex Medium stiff simmilar to the old BD havoc.
    Where will this perform: A bastardized backcountry tool for variable snow adventure skiing, skinny enough to tour with, fat enough to float a little, not too wide that you forget what a face shot was. A narrow hoji/wootest/billygoat with a floaty pintail pseudo reverse shape without a super floaty waist.
    Other:

Ski Name Springsteen | the Boss | Born to Run
    TGR Name Sicktird
    Ski Length 191
    Dims: 137-105-124
    Camber Traditional
    Tip Rocker 30cm from tip
    Tail Rocker 14 cm
    Tip Shape taper starts 3cm in front of uncambered contact point
    Tail shape semi-flat rounded square | taper from uncambered contact
    Flex med/stiff forebody | stiff tail
    Where will this ski be used: Solid ski for hard rocking all-mountain all day for any Western skier.
    Other:

Ski Name Sugar Tits
    TGR Name camplemur
    Length 188
    Dims 120-132-108-124-110
    Camber positive 4 mm
    Tip Rocker tip rocker starts at 40 cm off tip
    Tail Rocker tail rocker starts at 36 cm off tip
    Tip Shape early taper from 36 cm off tip, bullet shape
    Tail Shape early taper from 33 cm off tip, pintail shape
    Flex medium soft nose, stiffest under foot, and slightly stiffer in the tail
    Where will this ski perform: Seeking Friend With Benefits:
    If you are the dour, off-the-couch "ski mountaineer" sitting in the corner staring at your Extra Extreme IPA hoping for someone to listen to how hard you charged the gnar, please don't apply. She's not interested. Stop staring. Sugar Tits wants to have fun. Giggle a lot, sample the goods, and then try something new. But despite her playful nature, Sugar Tits has substance and can throw down when necessary. Sugar Tits puts her thin but muscular shape to use. Sugar Tits is well rounded. She can't be tied down and needs someone who also knows how to have a good time.
    Other If "Sugar Tits" is too racy a name, I'll offer "Rumpus Sticks" as an alternative.
    I want my design to be not too wide so it can be lithe and nimble, but have enough rocker and length so that it will still float in deeper snow. Sufficient sidecut should make for easy turning and I hope sidecut radius is in the neighborhood of 18m, although I'm not sophisticated enough to know what it would be judging from my dimensions. My thoughts are the long rocker profile in the tips will allow it to ski more like a slightly shorter ski on firmer snow. Mainly, I want a versatile ski that emphasizes fun on tighter, more interesting terrain.
    Last edited by Bluehouse; 12-20-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Please vote for Sugar Tits! More fun than everyone else.

Thank you for your consideration.
    I skin switch.

Bump........
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

I like the sugar tits. Please don't change the name. Sounds similar to a rmu apostle or a skinnier d riddum. Both cool boards - u have the better name.
    Go Sox!

Whats the turn radius for The Functor?

Woahh!

Can I change the name to "Sugar Plums"???

Where this ski will perform
    "The good times dont just happen in the hot tub on spring break Bro. They happen every day of the winter, when you're the fucking Boss."

Quote Originally Posted by sicktird View Post
    Woahh!

Can I change the name to "Sugar Plums"???

Where this ski will perform
    "The good times dont just happen in the hot tub on spring break Bro. They happen every day of the winter, when you're the fucking Boss."
    Personally, I'm definitely more inclined to take Sugar Tits to the hot tub rather than the Boss, but that doesn't mean I'm opposed to more of a bi-curious, man-fan type of ski design. Like Grandma always told me, "It takes all kinds."

Love the friendly competition. Let's get some more votes!
    I skin switch.

bump for friday........... The top two skis will be built and sent our for testing to those that want to ski them. Thanks for the votes so far.

bump for friday........... The top two skis will be built and sent our for testing to those that want to ski them. Thanks for the votes so far.
    Sicktird if you want to change the name of your ski no problem.

When will these skis be available for demo? Located up in the great northwest! Schweitzer is the home mountain. Love to try these babies out on some of the fluff stuff soon as we get it. Hope all y'all mags have a great new year and enjoy the white stuff. Send some my way if you got extra.
    Where to go from here?

Looks like skis will be available mid February for demo.
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehouse View Post
    Sicktird if you want to change the name of your ski no problem.
    Naaah, The Boss is getting smoked... Thanks though.

Bump.........thanks for voting Like I said the top two skis will be built the winner gets a New pair of his skis the runner up gets the best condition demo set of his ski (- bindings).

thanks

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    this is great. voted.

Thanks for the votes so far.

Righteous! So if the testing goes well, Bluehouse pumps more out? I would love to know where they will be testing these babies! Feb is comin faasst!

Lets get the Gargoyle back in the race. I'd love to see it made, the widest point is well behind the rocker transition past a flat base and tapers the whole way to the tip instead of tapering right at the rocker transition like most similar skis. The thought is that it will ski long, but still pivot in soft snow for those reckless abandon moments, and short in garbage/ice so you don't die. Its a concept ski and might be terrible. I entered to see if it might work. Give it a chance

Flotsam thanks for the entry. Keep petitioning your ski for votes you could always start a thread to get people to vote for your ski.
    Thanks

Bump for Omega Man
    "Why do I always get more kisses on powder days?" -my wife

Bump for Gargoyle vs. Sugar Tits!

I might be voting against the widest beast on the list out of pessimism, though; just can't see putting the massive girth of the Omega Man to a proper test this season. Or maybe I need to visit Montana.

Okay, so you might be a modern, whipped, girly man. That's okay, I'm gonna help you swing. What you need is a little time with Sugar Tits. Give her a vote to get yourself a date.

Let's not think of it as cheating; it's just having a little fun. Don't keep wondering what you're missing! Vote Sugar Tits and have a good time!
    I skin switch.

Bump get your votes in voting ends on the 31st.

Bump for a cool contest

www.levelninesports.com

Can I . . . can I get 3 votes for Sugar Tits?
    I skin switch.

Can we get some Gargoyle love in the house? The blue house that is...
    Great contest, can't wait to see what the winners look and ski like.