Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Sweet! Curious to hear your feedback on them. I'm sure you'll get on w them. Steered a bud to a pair just today. One bud getting yeti and other getting 9d8 probably

the 185 UL 9D8s arrived last week. 7.69 lbs....that compares pretty well to Keith's 7.7 number, and keeps up the trend I've seen with every PRaxis ski I've bought. Marked as Med/Stiff, 1592. Guess I'll mount right on the dimple, looks about right.

A few days on them, BC and lift. Like any ski this weight, the UL makes some compromises but overall big thumbs up. Ski better than pure w99s and w105s....bigger sweet spot. Mounted -0.5 cm. Was carving corn recently and hit a shaded area with some old powder; just enough tip rocker to save my surprised ass.

Nice! Hope to here more. Just got two friends hooked up w the blowout sale+ my referral code on a pair of the 9d8's and one on yetis. They're both pretty stoked and impressed w customer service as well. Obviously

I hope he sells enough UL 9D8s to justify having a 190 version. These 185s are fine, but 190 would be even better. Most of my skis are 192-194, incl my BC oriented skis. I weigh 195.

i'm a bummed about the comparison of these to the explosive, which continue to be a favorite of mine in this category for resort use.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    A few days on them, BC and lift. Like any ski this weight, the UL makes some compromises but overall big thumbs up. Ski better than pure w99s and w105s....bigger sweet spot. Mounted -0.5 cm. Was carving corn recently and hit a shaded area with some old powder; just enough tip rocker to save my surprised ass.
    w99 and w105 on tele or fixed heel? old (non metal) or new(er?) w105?

The 99s I skied AT only; the w105s were the white pures from a few yrs ago, mounted tele and AT.

By contrast I like the RPC 192s a lot. Pure 3 perimeter weighting definitely helps mitigate the stability issue of earlier dps skis. As I'm sure you know, Keith has been doing perimeter weighted cores for a while.

What is "perimeter weighted " ? For boot centre?

9D8 Touring Ski

Florider,
    Also looking at these in the UL configuration for my early/late season touring ski. Will be pairing with Dynafit Speed Radicals (or G3 Ion 12LT) and La Sportiva Spectre Boots. I am also considering the Praxis Yeti, Praxis BC, Kastle TX 97, Voile V6, and G3 Zenoxide. I also want to keep the ski close to the 100mm underfoot range and would like to keep things around 7.5lbs. I was originally looking at the yeti, but wish it was a hair wider and less tail rocker. I was hoping I could get by with the 179cm due to the more traditional style tail and let rocker in the tip, but is that a mistake? The 185s are closer to the 8lbs range with the medium/stiff and this is going to be my long distance Touring setup. I was planning on getting the Medium/Stiff layup with any of the Praxis skis I am looking at. I am 175lbs and a fairly aggressive skier. Right now I am on the 184 Moment Exit Worlds and really like that length, but they are fully tip/tail rockered. Any insight between the 9D8 and any of the other skis I mentioned would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    What is "perimeter weighted " ? For boot centre?
    Google "Praxis Ski Contruction." For some reason it wouldn't let me post the link. Anyways he uses the stiffest/heaviest woods in the core towards the perimeter. Which both weights the outside of the ski and creates a "frame" for the rest of the core.

Bump. It's been almost 3 years since last post; spring sale happening in 3 weeks. Any more feedback?

I'm eyeing a heavy core for mostly inbounds, chasing kids on mank days since those 10-year old little buggers don't seem to care.

Early season thoughts:

9D8 - 185 cm - heavy core with carbon, #4 flex, birds eye veneer
    Me - 190ish lb - 10+ years of sucking on telemark gear, 45-70 days per year, now using Outlaw X bindings.

I have 7 days on this ski, 3 BC tours and 4 resort days. Conditions have been hero powder, wet cement, and hardpack. Conclusion so far - it's is a predictable and dependable no-frills ski, fun in the bumps, chop, and light powder. I have been searching for the elusive all-arounder and am quite happy with this ski. It's got only a little rocker and has 6 cm of camber, which does seem to translate into solid edging and stability in hardpack and through bumps, yet sweet for 4-8" of light fresh pow. I skied the wet cement on a resort day and it was fine and manageable (albeit very grippy).

I've enjoyed the 9D8s for a couple years. I didn't at first, but now find them a really fun all-arounder at the resort. They ski switch really predictably and are easy to turn. Like the previous poster, the hardpack is my least favorite with them... PNW hardpack really isn't fun on anything IMO. I'm a bigger guy, 200lb, 6'4" in case anyone needs that info. These are the standard layup.

For what it's worth, I tour with the praxis BCs in a 190 with Dynafit. They are a softer ski for sure with less tail. I would rather have the 9d8 at the resort with the standard production versions.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I love my family. Kids are the best.
    http://www.praxisskis.com

I’ve somehow ended up with 7 pairs of Praxis skis and need to thin out the quiver. So I’m regretfully selling the carbon UL 9D8s mentioned above. Only used in the BC, like new condition. Gotta figure out a price w or w/o the dynafits.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	752F8728-2E43-4BC8-9E0D-517A3C30F025.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	249.3 KB 
ID:	266960

Bought the 9D8 during last spring's sale to serve as the low snow ski with some versatility. 185cm Heavy Hitter #4 core, I am 6' 165#. Needless to say with the lousy conditions this year the ski could get a lot of use. Well, I final got around to mounting up the new 9D8's. Used them this morning for a quick few runs before football. De-tuned the tips and tails otherwise left the edges alone. Mounted -1.5cm from behind the line.

All I can say is these skis are friggin awesome. Absolutely rip the groomers, lays down tracks, easy to get up on edge, roll with easy edge to edge, likes multiple turns shapes. Big turns, quick turns doesn't matter. Great stability at speed. No chatter. Great job Kieth and team with guiding me to the right ski and core profile and building an awesome ski!! Surprised this ski doesn't get more love. I love these skis and hopefully will get to ski them in some snow someday and see how they handle that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9D8.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	357212  

Skied the 9D8s in something almost resembling snow yesterday. It was blowing hard the other night, 80mph for 3 hours with a top gust at the top of 114mph. The result if you could find it was some packed snow blow on certain runs, top is still not open. I found it and got to ski the 9D8s in 3/4 inches of snow blow. Made for some interesting conditions, snow tongues with hard pan in between etc. The 9D8s had no problem handling anything I through at them. They turn great in snow, plow through things when you want, nothing seems to upset them. I am really impressed with this ski.