Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    doughboyshredder Guest
    You guys that think this is ok should all join NAMBLA that way you can all try and get age of consent laws removed

^^^ That's all well and good, but if you read the news coverage it appears entirely possible that Travis County teacher pushed them into it. Power positions in those situations if the kid doesn't want it may have made these instances significantly different than others. I mean, one kid was apparently distraught enough about it to spontaneously admit it to his parents. That's different than, say, how many others of these come out with a kid bragging to his buddies, school admin finds out, cops interview him, and he admits it in that context.

Not all the same...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    sorry, I disagree. I may think that it was weird for the woman to want to sleep with a 15 year old, but it was not weird for my brother and he was not molested. I won't make blanket statements like that. I realize that the law has to have bright line rules for this shit, but humanity is not bright line rules when it comes to sexuality.
    Would you feel differently if it was your 15 year old sister? I agree that laws surrounding sexuality are weird and hard to make fit in all cases. But having different rules for boys and girls makes me uneasy.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    You guys that think this is ok should all join NAMBLA that way you can all try and get age of consent laws removed
    Bravo for misreading everything and accusing everyone of being Jerry Sandusky, bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    ^^^ That's all well and good, but if you read the news coverage it appears entirely possible that Travis County teacher pushed them into it. Power positions in those situations if the kid doesn't want it may have made these instances significantly different than others. I mean, one kid was apparently distraught enough about it to spontaneously admit it to his parents. That's different than, say, how many others of these come out with a kid bragging to his buddies, school admin finds out, cops interview him, and he admits it in that context.

Not all the same...
    Sure, which is why I said this:

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I realize that the law has to have bright line rules for this shit, but humanity is not bright line rules when it comes to sexuality.
    FTR, unless y'all have read different news articles than what was posted, we have extremely limited info on this case to draw any judgment whatsoever. I didn't see any indication of the ages of the 2 victims; 14 is different than 17. I also think it's a bit presumptuous to say "one kid was apparently distraught enough about it to spontaneously admit it to his parents". All the article says is "Authorities became aware of the incident after the victim made an outcry to their parent, who then alerted law enforcement." The kid could have made the "outcry" during an argument; to assume he was distraught is just that, an assumption.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
    Would you feel differently if it was your 15 year old sister? I agree that laws surrounding sexuality are weird and hard to make fit in all cases. But having different rules for boys and girls makes me uneasy.
    It's complicated for sure (and let's be clear, it is very different when it is a teacher or some other person in a position of authority). But my brother was a player in HS, so I don't think he was preyed upon. And I understand why having different rules makes you uneasy; we don't have different legal rules for all sorts of reasons. That said, there are huge differences between men and women, and how our society treats them, so, yeah, I might feel differently.

Again, we have legal bright line rules because we have to, but those rules didn't exist until very recently. The right and wrong of sexuality has evolved, and not everything can be solved by a bright line rule. For instance, does all the concern end at 18? Couldn't a 19 year old be preyed upon too, even if there is no law for consenting "adults"? Is a 45 year old and a 19 year old hunky dory, while a 24 year old and a 17 year old a crime (but only in certain states)?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
    But yea, your bro was molested. And what she did has probably negatively affected his future relationships.

Wow.

Just wow

Didn't know armchair Dr Phil joined the board.

Haeli Noelle Wey, 28, was charged with two counts of improper relationship between educator and student. Both counts are 2nd degree felonies.
    She hasn't been charged with any sexual assault charges. Likely the kids were old enough to consent, but the law is "thou shalt not fuck a student."

And what age was were the guys she was riding. A felony! In some of these situations the boys were 18 and 17. Maybe not appropriate but jail time would be wrong.

Any damage inflicted on the students starts first with all the fussing and showing off by authorities. It gets around and now it's in the local news. How can that possibly fix the situation.

America has a problem with sex.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    HAHAHHAHAHAHA

DAMN

BEST USE OF PIC
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

that lunchlady is HOT
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I just feel bad for the victims, those poor victims. If I could take their place I would, no child should have to suffer like this
    Quoted again to get us back on track.
    When boys in their mid to late teens bang their 20 something teachers, MOST guys immediately do a little fist pump.
    It's what we all wish had happened to us.
    And that makes the whole thing awesome. And fun/funny to talk about. For dudes.

Men who worry about how this will negatively impact the lives of those poor boys, are in a VERY VERY SMALL MINORITY.
    However many are in a shit ton.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Quoted again to get us back on track.
    When boys in their mid to late teens bang their 20 something teachers, MOST guys immediately do a little fist pump.
    It's what we all wish had happened to us.
    And that makes the whole thing awesome. And fun/funny to talk about. For dudes.

Men who worry about how this will negatively impact the lives of those poor boys, are in a VERY VERY SMALL MINORITY.
    You're absolutely right.

The majority of people are not very compassionate nor are they critical thinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    VERY VERY SMALL MINORITY.
    Now you've done it.....

Can't wait to see how DbS ties this into white privilege
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Now you've done it.....

If the teacher was a black male and the student was a white female would you still think it was cool?

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Now you've done it.....

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If the teacher was a black male and the student was a white female would you still think it was cool?
    That's called jungle fever.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    That's called jungle fever.
    Good movie

"PC Load Letter, what the fuck does that mean?"

A group of teachers (friends of my wife) were here last night for a holiday get together. One of them mentioned at the end of a school year a 10th grade male left her a note on the desk at the end of the school day outlining all the kinky shit he wanted to do to her. Needless to say, when he showed up for school the following fall semester he was suspended. Ya, da poor teenage boyz don't want the 20 something poon.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Abuse of authority is abuse of authority.
    A hostile environment is a hostile environment.
    Rape is rape.

Losing sight of any of this is a road to trouble. Anyone who lets their adolescent fantasies cloud their theoretically adult judgement and/or world view is just a case of arrested development. To take the most charitable view possible. Not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    Rape is rape.

Losing sight of any of this is a road to trouble. Anyone who lets their adolescent fantasies cloud their theoretically adult judgement and/or world view is just a case of arrested development. To take the most charitable view possible. Not so good.
    so, when a state changes its age of consent from 18 to 16, sex between a 20 year old and a 16 year old is no longer rape. So rape is rape until the legislature decides it isn't, right?

Losing sight of THAT, and acting like there is some clear moral compass to sexual mores that change over time, and to specific factual circumstances of each case, is shortsighted.

Look, it's easier to act like there is some clear moral boundary, and to think you're taking the moral high ground. But life is squishy and not so easily defined. We can all agree that sex between a 20 year old and a 12 year old is wrong, and that there's no way a 12 year old could properly consent. But as the age gap gets smaller and/or the age gets higher, it gets more complicated. And because girls are different than boys, and because we live in a male dominated society, it matters whether the older person is male or female. To act like those facts are irrelevant and you can draw some bright line rule (based on what, exactly) doesn't make your position stronger.
    Last edited by Danno; 12-22-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by encore View Post
    Only 2 unbangable on that list in my professional estimation.

Good to know as the link didn't allow me to scroll through the pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Only 2 unbangable on that list in my professional estimation.
    im not sure i saw any that were unbangable...

perhaps 2
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    Rape is rape.
    Rape is rape, but abuse of authority is not rape unless it is rape.

A hostile environment is a broad term. If someone is being harassed or threatened, or is going to be failed in a class, that's a totally different situation. Harassment should not be assumed. In many of these cases it simply is a matter of male/female attraction.

The hostile environment is often the police interrogation, the embarrassment, the threats by authority. It's being dragged through the media so everyone in your school knows what happened. From my stand point, this is the hostile environment.

Rape is violence.

I'd say between 3 and 4 unbangable in the 47