Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    It was a great season. I was pretty crushed to miss the last day of the season AND cape day. I could barely look at the photos for raging jealousy.

But the sheer randomness of my day in New York made up for it somewhat. The culmination was picking up a jacket off the road near central park as I thought it might impede traffic (Jeff Novak will note that I'm incorrigibly wholesome). Inside I found glasses and an Ipad that turned out to belong to the recently arrived UN ambassador from a major European country. He had lost it while riding around on a Citibike. ha Anyway I gave it back to him and am now invited to lunch at the UN Delegate's lounge or their UN Mission's cafeteria.

But at no point did I get to where a cape.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Like I told the kids, aim for the white!
    Ha! Great minds think alike. Yesterday I told my girls "ski around the grass islands"

QFT
    The Spookman Family. So gnar at Magic.
    Thanks for the pic MMP! The girls and I had a blast yesterday. Where else do you get to have this much as a family and dress like goofballs?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    now invited to lunch at the UN Delegate's lounge or their UN Mission's cafeteria.
    that is awesome. and way to keep it green. it offsets all the Magic Hat #9 bottles you threw off the lift saturday If he takes you to the cafeteria, whip out a cape and rock that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by djspookman View Post
    "ski around the grass islands"
    Ha! whatever it takes, right?

Thanks for the pic MMP! The girls and I had a blast yesterday. Where else do you get to have this much as a family and dress like goofballs?
    Nice family DJ, the perfect counterpoint to the hip-hop and that dudes underwear showing on the deck. All is in balance...

Did anybody see that tele skier practice his summer body surfing moves in the middle of Blackline?
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    Did anybody see that tele skier practice his summer body surfing moves in the middle of Blackline?
    Did that myself a couple times yesterday too.. woot! Nice meeting you yesterday Binky.

Did that myself a couple times yesterday too.. woot! Nice meeting you yesterday Binky.
    Nice meeting you as well! I cannot wait till my little grom is mountain-ready. It was awesome seeing you and your family getting at it!

-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post

That was actually a rarely-seen tele move called a "penguin turn"

Very rad and little known.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Yeah I did the dirty mud slide down yer blackline too, fortunately I wore protection 'cause once turned around headfirst and backwards, my cape gave a pretty smooth ride.

Awesome end cap to a great season at Magic.
    DUMB N DANGEROUS

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    That was actually a rarely-seen tele move called a "penguin turn"

Very rad and little known.
    practiced on Tali, perfected on Blackline, haha.

too soft to self arrest, just ride it out.....

Quote Originally Posted by makimono View Post
    Yeah I did the dirty mud slide down yer blackline too, fortunately I wore protection 'cause once turned around headfirst and backwards, my cape gave a pretty smooth ride.

Awesome end cap to a great season at Magic.
    you are out of your fucking mind. what is that thing called with your binders inline on that thin carving board. layed some trenches with that device

Run of the day was Maki on Green Line. Slayed! It really is unbelievable

[QUOTE=MMP;Run of the day was Maki on Green Line. Slayed! It really is unbelievable[/QUOTE]

This was something to behold. I was feeling out of my depth on two planks. Two feet attached in a forward position to one plank? Mandatory rocks, ice, mud, and air on the exit...my gawd man!

-Scottish Proverb

you are out of your fucking mind. what is that thing called with your binders inline on that thin carving board. layed some trenches with that device
    SKWAL

Yeah it's a trench digger...fun ride!
    DUMB N DANGEROUS

Put this quick edit together from yesterday..

All the footage is from a trick to showoff run before things were soft. PJ09 and I decided to toss the camera back and forth to keep things interesting.

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    Put this quick edit together from yesterday..

All the footage is from a trick to showoff run before things were soft. PJ09 and I decided to toss the camera back and forth to keep things interesting.
    WE WANT JUMP FOOTAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post

Yup, that's about it right there. Obligated to ski slowkemo yesterday, and even that was fun in the sprrrrring glory. Planning to hike some Magic laps the week of MA vacation. Hope to see some of youse out there.

Quote Originally Posted by makimono View Post
    SKWAL

Yeah it's a trench digger...fun ride!

That thing terrifies me.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    That thing terrifies me.
    Graceful and violent at the same time. I think he ripped green on the Mach 5 mono. Still, holy shit. Haha.

Stellar closing day, peel away corn, it just doesnt get any better. Last few runs just go in the memory bank for the summer, perfect.

Big ups to all the staff, lift ops, DAVE, Chris and the bar/kitchen staff, you guys all kick serious ass.

Serious repetitive dated props to the entire savemagicmtn contingency, your contributions have
    done more to keep glebe pumping in the recent future than you get credit for!

Love that hill.

I'm a bit surprised by the big jump in price for the early season pass. At $499 if purchased before May 1, it's a full $100 more than last season. By comparison, the previous year was a hike of $10, from $389 to $399.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Quote Originally Posted by GetAmped View Post
    I'm a bit surprised by the big jump in price for the early season pass. At $499 if purchased before May 1, it's a full $100 more than last season. By comparison, the previous year was a hike of $10, from $389 to $399.
    Not really sure what the thinking was. I know last year they increased the late season passes by $50-$100 but left the early ones at just the $10 increase noted. Perhaps he sold a lot of $500 passes last season and figured the elasticity was low?

Still cheap, but phasing in the increase over two seasons may have been a better idea.

That makes me wonder if they saw a jump in the # of season passes sold vs. day passes.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

at that price I'll take my chances with day pass deals for the kids. Given the # of days of operation, the abundance of deals, discounts, coupons, etc. offered, The ROI is questionable for all but me.

plus kid 2 is such a freaking snow snob, dude will not run T-->SO with us.

Quote Originally Posted by GetAmped View Post
    I'm a bit surprised
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicsnowboard View Post
    Not really sure what the thinking was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    That makes me wonder
    Haven't the 3 of you been skiing Magic long enough to know these answers?

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    Haven't the 3 of you been skiing Magic long enough to know these answers?
    Gift shop revenue was down and they need to make up the shortfall?

Cue the "Help Save Magic...Again" campaign.