SIFF13: ISLANDS - Trailer

If you haven't seen it yet (was on the chum today), last night I finished the teaser for the 2013 year in review. For better or worse these have become an annual project and "SIFF" simply stands for Surf & Inshore Fly Fishing. I called it that a few years ago and it stuck.

The prior few years had been solely focused on the northeast, but last year I went on my first real fishing focused trip to Kiritimati. It's an interesting place, but I probably won't be back...too much else out there and trips like these are hard with a young family. The full version of the year will still have a lot of footage from the NE, but the teaser is just about Xmas Isl.

Orvis was nice enough to provide some gear for the trip, hence the logo at the end. L8, you work for a good company.

Here it is, hope it gets the blood going!

BTW, I still think a reincarnation of the Maria project would make for a really interesting movie. Still can't believe that ended as it did...
    ...And the greatest ice must crumble when it's flower's time to grow.

That was sick. PM inbound about future sponsorshipz.

Thanks for sharing. Awesome as always. Would be cool to get a Maria type deal going again. I forget now how it ended. Fished with her once while out with another Denver mag.

Maybe Orvis would sponsor Maria II ;-). Gotta be some old Helios still sitting around and a scratched Battenkill.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Awesome job as usual !

I'm in for Maria 2!

Cool teaser !
    I enjoy your style and look forward to the vid.

La hermanita de Maria (Maria's little sister) is a great idea, I'm in for sure and could show her a good time.
    What did happen? All I know is that she never got here.

Good god what are those things?!? Looks like a scene out of a horror movie. I'll keep an eye out for the video because that trailer was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Good god what are those things?!? Looks like a scene out of a horror movie. I'll keep an eye out for the video because that trailer was awesome!
    GT - Giant Trevally, I believe. Hooking one of those bruisers would get my heart racing, for sure. I wish they were found here in the Caribbean.

Looking forward to the full length movie.

Thanks gents!

I think Maria ended with silence...lost in the mail. I'm sure we could get it up and running again with a travelling SD card and a group dropbox account to ensure longevity.

Yes, GT = giant trevally and i believe in the jack family. If so, their relative the jack crevalle would be a good representation of how they fight. But wtf do I know, I only had one on for 5 seconds and that was it. Got the hit on camera though.
    ...And the greatest ice must crumble when it's flower's time to grow.

Great trailer mush, can't wait to see the whole thing.
    Harvest the ride.

Mush killing it as always. I can't wait to see the finished product.
    A Maria revival would be awesome, I am definitely in.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?