Goggle foam repair ideas??

I've got a pair of goggles that are totally fine but the top foam is all torn up. Face foam is fine. Anybody have ideas how to repair this? Source for the top vent foam?
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-op...sheets/=pt7j8f

Hopefully you get a better answer, but if Search JONG didn't have it then maybe this is your chance to bring the knowledge. Pick one with properties you like and let us know which works and why...or go to a local craft store and handle the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    I've got a pair of goggles that are totally fine but the top foam is all torn up. Face foam is fine. Anybody have ideas how to repair this? Source for the top vent foam?
    What kind of goggles? I had the same problem with my Oakley Crowbars so I called Oakley to see if they sold replacement foam. They said they didn't but they offered to replace my 3 year old frames with new ones for $40.
    First 360 mute grab --> Andrew Sheppard --> Snowdrifters 1996

They're Carrera Raptors. Best goggle I've ever owned but discontinued now. Skiing Kimeriks but wishing I could refurbish the Raptors.......
    Skimeister, that is sweet but looking for the top vent foam, not the face foam.
    Jono, JONG came up with nothing. Those foams all look way more dense than the vent foam. Needs to be super airy but keep snow out......
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

Some of the weather strip from a hardware store is damned close to goggle foam.

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    They're Carrera Raptors. Best goggle I've ever owned but discontinued now. Skiing Kimeriks but wishing I could refurbish the Raptors.......
    Skimeister, that is sweet but looking for the top vent foam, not the face foam.
    Jono, JONG came up with nothing. Those foams all look way more dense than the vent foam. Needs to be super airy but keep snow out......
    Hey greg how about trimming down a knee high nylon stocking, black would probably look more butch eh?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Search JONG sucks that way, huh? I'm not sure exactly how accurately you could gage the softness of the original, but if you look at the McMaster page on the lower left you'll notice an option to filter by softness, and I see a number of potential possibilities in 1/8" thick...or more if you want it. I would guess that an eighth of an inch of stuff that compresses 25-50% in the range of less than 1 psi would be pretty light stuff. Still, the local hardware store is probably easier if it works out.

Bump, cause this problem will surely afflict somebody every season. This year it afflicted me. I'm gonna try this stuff, seems perfect for the purpose.

https://www.amazon.com/Frost-King-Co...70_&dpSrc=srch