Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1327

Thread: MLB 2014

Speaking of Jeter, anyone see the new site he's bankrolling?

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

He should hire Matt Taibbi. I don't know why, but, he's unemployed right now, and needs an outlet. You never know.

Tribe signs Francona to an extension through 2018. Love seeing that you're sticking around Tito!
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Tribe signs Francona to an extension through 2018. Love seeing that you're sticking around Tito!
    I played blackjack with him at The Palms in Vegas for a couple of hours a few years back. Very cool guy, and funnier than I would have expected. Not many recognized him without a hat on.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I played blackjack with him at The Palms in Vegas for a couple of hours a few years back. Very cool guy, and funnier than I would have expected. Not many recognized him without a hat on.
    That's pretty sweet! I'd probably annoy him wanting to talk baseball instead of focusing on counting cards.

Congratulations to Corey Kluber for being named a Cy Young finalist tonight, no big surprise. But big props to the Tribe's Michael Brantley for being named an MVP finalist! And who here said he had no shot? Shame on you.
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 11-04-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Pedy wins his 4th Gold Glove. No real surprise there

Now if he could only find where he left his bat, that would ne nice.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

NESPN just surprisingly dropped a 30 for 30 on el duque and livan.

http://espn.go.com/30for30/film?page=brothersinexile

now time to drop some eyedrops!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

OH YEAH!

I'm too lazy to go back and multi-quote everyone who said the AL Cy Young was King Felix's this year, (and that Michael Brantley wouldn't be in the MVP conversation)... but congratulations to the Tribe's Corey Kluber! Your AL Cy Young winner!

(We'll see about Brantley and the MVP tomorrow night, he's one of 3 finalists, but I will admit his odds are worse than Kluber's were for the Cy)

That's 2007, 2008, and 2014 Cy Young winners in Cleveland uniforms. Cleveland Indians Baseball knows pitching!
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 11-12-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Really? No M's fans telling me it was a jip? Suck it, Roll Tribe!

It's gyp.

The more you know!
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Really? No M's fans telling me it was a jip? Suck it, Roll Tribe!
    If it's not boston or New York nobody gives a fuck. You should know this from your espn hatred. If boston or New York are out of it with no cy young or MVP candidate by mid august, crickets.

Kiluber had a great year though I'm taking Sale in a cocaine heartbeat. And love Tito Francona. Always have always will. Great guy and Larry Lucchino can go fuck himself for trashing him on the way out.
    Decisions Decisions

I thought Felix would win, but I knew it would be close. There are plenty of Mariners fans who felt Felix was robbed, but I'm not one of them. It was pretty clear the vote could go either way.

Also I don't recall anyone saying Brantley wouldn't be in the MVP conversation, but you're welcome to search the thread and prove me wrong! When I searched "Brantley" I only got three hits.

In any case, congrats to the Indians. To even have guys in the discussion for both the Cy and the MVP can only bode well for the future of the team.
    Last edited by The AD; 11-13-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Individual awards in baseball are interesting. So Kershaw won a Cy Young, again, and could take home the MVP too. Will anyone look back on 2014 and remember Kershaw's season or will they remember Madison Bumgarner absolutely destroying lineups when it counted? I think we know the answer. Which makes me wonder if post season performance should be included before they vote on this stuff. I realize that's not quite fair for a team sport, but then again it's a team sport all season long. A pitcher with a shitty defense behind him and no run support is at a major disadvantage too by way of things that are out of his control. They also never give the MVP to a player on a last place club even if he deserves it but his teammates suck, which is kind of the same thing.

Lincecum won two Cy Young awards, but the season after that when he didn't but then was lights out through the playoffs and World Series was definitely his "best" season.

Individual awards in baseball are interesting. So Kershaw won a Cy Young, again, and could take home the MVP too. Will anyone look back on 2014 and remember Kershaw's season or will they remember Madison Bumgarner absolutely destroying lineups when it counted? I think we know the answer. Which makes me wonder if post season performance should be included before they vote on this stuff. I realize that's not quite fair for a team sport, but then again it's a team sport all season long. A pitcher with a shitty defense behind him and no run support is at a major disadvantage too by way of things that are out of his control. They also never give the MVP to a player on a last place club even if he deserves it but his teammates suck, which is kind of the same thing.

Lincecum won two Cy Young awards, but the season after that when he didn't but then was lights out through the playoffs and World Series was definitely his "best" season.
    Timmy needs to go back on the bong.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I've always thought that there's a pyramid of achievement. First, it's something just to have the abilities and skills to be a pro. Then, any player will tell you about their first day in The Show. After that, it's the postseason. Playoffs have been watered down with wild cards and new divisions, but, whatever. And, on top of it all, is the Series. Can't go any higher. And, it's on that stage that legends or goats are made. It's either "please lord, don't let me fuck up", or, Mariano mowing them down with one pitch, 99% of the time. Those are the best of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    It's gyp.

The more you know!
    Lesson learned!

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    If it's not boston or New York nobody gives a fuck. You should know this from your espn hatred. If boston or New York are out of it with no cy young or MVP candidate by mid august, crickets.

Kiluber had a great year though I'm taking Sale in a cocaine heartbeat. And love Tito Francona. Always have always will. Great guy and Larry Lucchino can go fuck himself for trashing him on the way out.
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I thought Felix would win, but I knew it would be close. There are plenty of Mariners fans who felt Felix was robbed, but I'm not one of them. It was pretty clear the vote could go either way.

Also I don't recall anyone saying Brantley wouldn't be in the MVP conversation, but you're welcome to search the thread and prove me wrong! When I searched "Brantley" I only got three hits.

In any case, congrats to the Indians. To even have guys in the discussion for both the Cy and the MVP can only bode well for the future of the team.
    We can only hope. I'd rather have a pennant, but having the CY and a MVP finalist gives me hope. Oh, and Tito too.

Yeah, but you're stuck with that expensive hot and cold freak Swisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, but you're stuck with that expensive hot and cold freak Swisher.
    I like Swish. Good clubhouse guy and Ohio native, so he gets a pass.

Silly season indeed: 300MM+, 13 year contracts!?!? I wonder what beer will cost in Miami next year?

I don't think Bob Castellini paid $300MM when he bought the Reds!

Owners will never be able to cry "poor" when they make asinine deals like this.

You're killing the sport fellas.

Boooo. No good, except for Stanton.

MLB 2014

This doesn't help the Nats with looming contract negotiations with Zimmermann (p) $200+MM, Desmond $120+MM, Fister etc.

What are the odds that Stanton actually finishes out that contract in Florida? 10% at best, maybe? He's a total beast but that's just ridiculous.

All of the 16 Marlin fans are ecstatic, I'm sure. But they'll be pissed when they realize their bud light has been watered down even more at the park to pay for such ridiculousness.

Wait?... Bud light is watered down?!
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!