Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Where is this map from? (US)

Friend is fucking with me, and now i'm just annoyed.

Where the hell is this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	where.png 
Views:	1562 
Size:	251.8 KB 
ID:	146416

where are you from POSER?
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Sorry I don't come waste time in the padded room enough.

That's Triangularia.

My guess would be rural NM.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I don't know - why can't I ever see those attachments?
    Living vicariously through myself.

Go to fucking sleep already, kalisto.

A map with enough resolution to actually be legible might be a good place to start.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Its to your mom's house. Everyone has it.

Quote Originally Posted by tank3467 View Post
    Its to your mom's house. Everyone has it.
    His mom's muff is shaped kinda like that.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

The supposed Interstates that are shield labeled on there don't really look like they are really Interstates. They are far too crooked.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

It is flat, that is for sure.

Virginia?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

The original image might have metadata. Long shot but, depending on the method used to create the image, it could have GPS data embedded.

That looks like a screenshot of googlemaps, on a computer.

You're welcome.
    I still call it The Jake.

I bet its not the US. I'm thinking the amazon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Those signs are definitely part of the US interstate system, so we've narrowed the country down. It looks like one 3 digit interstate connector and one 1-2 digit actual interstate.

Sparesly populated other than in one area, probably not on a coast or in the north east

Very green vegetation, so not Arizona, Nevada, a good chunk of the southwest

Not super mountainous, but some hills
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

I give up...in fact, I don't think it's real and here's why: at that distance you normally start to see some detail in the freeway interchanges.

If it's real, my guess is somewhere on the Pennsylvania turnpike. The google maps will frequently have 70 and 76 shields in close proximity; plus the color of the imagery, the turniness/hilliness of the roads, the existence of many freeways and little towns in that stretch all suggest somewhere in that area.

This is fucking frustrating, and if it's a fake you can officially go fuck yourself with a giant cactus.

Just looking at the image, not real familiar with geography of the US. Veg on the ridge running N-S centre left appears denser, perhaps from predominant precip systems coming from the west. Waterways appear to run mostly N to SE, but in the lower left there appears to a major braided river channel which would seem to contradict that (water systems running parallel?). Big fields in only one area of the image so Maybe safe to hazard a guess the primary economy for the town isn't agriculture?

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    I give up...in fact, I don't think it's real and here's why: at that distance you normally start to see some detail in the freeway interchanges.

If it's real, my guess is somewhere on the Pennsylvania turnpike. The google maps will frequently have 70 and 76 shields in close proximity; plus the color of the imagery, the turniness/hilliness of the roads, the existence of many freeways and little towns in that stretch all suggest somewhere in that area.

This is fucking frustrating, and if it's a fake you can officially go fuck yourself with a giant cactus.
    Fucking frustrated indeed, which is why i resorted to posting it here. I officially gave up, though when I find out, I'll let you all know.

I'm with Yeti in that if in fact it's real it's probably in the eastern third of the country and likely somewhere between Pennsylvania and Tennessee, my first thought was West Virginia but it's not there. Assuming the roads are interstates, there's not that many places in that general geographic area where there are interstates running E-W with a N-S interstate deadending on them - very few in fact, and I looked at all of them I think. So I call shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post

I'm calling BS on this too. Interchanges are clearly visible in google maps using the scale that is shown in the image. Even zoomed out 2x. The scale bars or the interstate labels have been added. Maybe its from a really outdated version of google maps? I see the Km/mi is flipped top to bottom compared to my version. Landscape looks like PA/upstate NY. I also don't quite know how to add the city limits on my version of maps either.
    Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I bet its not the US. I'm thinking the amazon.
    Correct. Puyo, Ecuador in the Amazon basin.

This is a cool game. We should keep it going.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Wow - good find!