Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Warmest Ski Glove under $150? Resort/In-Bounds

I am trying to help a buddy out who gets cold rather easily. I am helping him look for the warmest ski glove possible. So far I have found pretty good reviews on the Marmot Randonnee as well as a few OR Gloves. Any recommendations? This glove would be used for in-bounds resort skiing primarily.

Thanks guys!

I'm pretty sure that the warmest ski gloves are actually mittens.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TGR Forums
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the warmest ski gloves are actually mittens.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TGR Forums
    This.

I like shearling lined choppers with wool liners. I always have had cold hands and feet, and nothing else has ever been as good.

Something like this: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/sto...r-men~p~4626h/
    with something like this: http://workingperson.com/fox-river-m...988-24899.html
    Last edited by axebiker; 12-12-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    Gravity. It's the law.

^^^^yup, buddy swears by black diamond mercury mitts. i need to find a pair.

I tried a lot of gloves before I went to mittens. For me, I never went back to gloves. There are a lot of good mittens out there.

I get cold hands a feet easily also. BD mercury mittens are awesome, and sit on your hands during lifts rides.

Sent from my DROID2 using TGR Forums

+1 for BD Mercs. They even have a little hand warmer zipper slot for really cold days.

Mittens, and don't death grip your poles.

BD Mercury Mitts.

Mitts all the way... No matter the company or how much money I spent on gloves my hands were always cold... Finally one day I broke down and got a pair of all leather Swany X-Cell Mitts and will never go back to gloves again... I treated them with SnoSeal and after several years they are going strong and my hands have yet to get cold...

i rock the Hestra robster craw in cold weather. love it. works well with handwarmers too.

Or has a goretex glove with removable inserts, really warm.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TGR Forums

^^Yup. Warmest mitts available. My mom has Raynaud's, and these are the only mitts we've tried that work for her. She always starts with a chemical pack, but actually often takes them out sometime in the morning after she warms up.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Cheap all synthetic mittens like Grandoe have kept me warmer than expansive ones with real leather and Primaloft from Swany or Marmot.

hestra...plus they're dexterous as fuck!

+whatever on the Black Diamond mercury mittens. I bought a pair once on SAC, but have only used them a couple times -- they're far too warm unless temps are sub-zero F.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Also, extra 35% off hats, gloves, scarfs at REI.com today:

http://www.rei.com/outlet/search/?cr...2C+and+Scarves
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by polenta View Post
    Cheap all synthetic mittens like Grandoe have kept me warmer than expansive ones with real leather and Primaloft from Swany or Marmot.
    I can dig that, I loved my Gates mittens so much that, over the years, I bought them where ever I could find them....but a 2+season mitt with a leather palm and shearling lining just feels right.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    i rock the Hestra robster craw in cold weather. love it. works well with handwarmers too.
    Just picked up a pair of these but haven't used yet. Been using the Marmot Randonee past couple season and I love them. My fingertips and toes get cold easy (circulation?), but never really and issue with the Marmots, even this past week when it was cold as fuck.

Thanks guys!!! He ordered the BD Mercury Mitts after I told him about the reviews and the recs on here. I have a pair of BD Guide Gloves and I may pick up a pair of Mercury Mitts as well for cold days at Big Sky.

OR expedition mitts. Done

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    +1. I've had the lobster claw version for years. Buy them here:
    http://www.rbhdesigns.com/category/169/handwear.htm

Bonus: made in America by the people who own/run the company. I have no idea why people pay over $150 for mass-produced Chinese junk when you can get these.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    ^^^^yup, buddy swears by black diamond mercury mitts. i need to find a pair.
    They're like little nuclear reactors for your hands.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

After battling cold hands for years and spending hundreds on several different pairs of expensive black diamond, outdoor research and hestra gloves i saw the light and like the majority here now just wear a mitten.
    I have bd mercury mitts and they are very warm but i find them pretty big and bulky.
    I now mostly use a pair of marmot big mountain mitts which are surprisingly light weight for the warmth they provide and they are leather on palm and over top of fingers so hoping durability is decent. No finger problems with them at -9f earlier this week, can't say same for toes though.