Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

&
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

excellent redirect...to the task at hand

Quote Originally Posted by bl2000 View Post
    Are those things real?

It's just like alcohol research ... we need more data!

No way uberhottness or her stupid boyfriend are reading any of this by now, so I'm gonna try not to 'armchair quarterback' too much here....

First instinct when you're standing on a slab that you just triggered should never be to freeze in fear, continue just standing there, then get completely burried. This is totally wrong and it would never happen to me. Nice job owning your own fail though, as Jer would say.

Also, PM theshredder, on TGR forums, if you would like to pay for everything on our first date (I have no money), or for tips on avoiding being a retard in the backcountry.

http://amieski.com/2013/12/12/blind-spot/
    and
    http://www.sportgevity.com/article/g...e-engerbretson

Not sure if they are in here somewhere and I don't feel like flipping through that many pages.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Also, looked like you were flailing there. Never flail in an avalanche. I think I read that somewhere.

Seriously though, even though you say this was all accidental, that might be exactly the kind of slope I would hypotheticall test my airbag on, if I had one. Terrain trap didn't look too bad. Actually surprised there wass even a full burial.

Also that is exactly the type of situation where an airbag is supposed to save your ass and in this case it didn't. Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

"Supposed" don"t mean jack shit when it's yer turn to hike the ball. You do whatcha gotta do. You make the rules.

rog