Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by vailszendrei View Post
    Sorry OP, got talking about other skis. The Governor will be amazing at what its made for (steep, deep, fast), and still OK at what its not (ice, trees, bumps), whether this years or last. I hear this years version is a bit LESS forgiving than last years.
    NP

I like the term quiver killer... I hope the Governor is one for me.. I have a climbing/touring ski with Plums and I want a 2 ski quiver because I travel around here in Europe and I cant bring more skis.. A longer Bibby Pro (last years not the new one) would have been great, so thats why I turned towards the Governor.. From what I've read so far I think I'm all good and this ski will be a perfect fit for me.. I'll come back later to do some reviewing.. Thanks all for infos and thoughts about the Governor..

Man I feel like a midget with all of you. Just bought last years bibby at 174 and theyre still 3 inches over my head. They measure around 172

Sent from my SM-G730V using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by willie61 View Post
    Vailszendrie--- What about the Deathwish instead of the Bibby, softer flex, more playful, That's prob. what I will end replacing my JJ's with, I've " only demoed them for a few runs, but they clicked instantly.

It's funny how some skis feel natural the first time on your feet, others take a while and some never gel, The first run on ep pro's, comi's Bibbys and hellbents, felt like I had spent 100 days on them, others like the surface one life, and JJ felt odd at first, but now I love them after I figured them out.

Then there those like the VCT & tubo, Royal, moment Tahoe, Jag Shark, CRJ ect.... that you just say 'it ain't working" you gone.
    Maybe i didnt give the JJs enough time, but i probably should have gotten the akjj at my size...

Any updates from those skiing this ski? I'm especially interested in how the '14 Governor compares to the '13 Bibby and Moment's flat-tailed offerings such as the Garbones, Belafontes and Jag Sharks.

Im interested in picking up some 186 governors from this year, mainly for trips out west. Looking for a ski that will blast though crud/chop, float decent in pow, and haul ass on groomers.

wondering just how stiff/long the tails are. for comparison i have 187 MSP's and 183 TST's right now. im 6' 190 lbs.

I can give you some of my thoughts.. I have only ridden my Governors 196cm for 4 days.. Have other skis and mostly tour so I am selling mine here in Europe..

About the skis, I bought them after skiing the Bibby Pro for two years. I am 191cm tall myself and found the 190 (188) Bibby sometimes a little short and had too much tail rocker.. When I found out about the redesigned Governor I was stoked.
    The ski is stiff, 10/10 on Moments scale, but I found it surprisingly manageable.. On groomers you want to put some effort in them but as long as you are not feather light yourself you get these thing ripping. I really didnt like the Governors on lower angles powder fields..no fun there.. But as long as you can keep them on a little more angled terrain or can keep the speed up these things make you happy. They charge through everything, go fast etc. But they stay manageable, on steeper slopes you can slow down and also do shorter turns, slip and slide etc and thats what I liked about them. On paper you might think that ski is only for ex racers that go mach 10 all day but they are not. They dont know a speed limit so if you want they can do that, but they also go slower and do shorter turns, work with you in thighter terrain etc.
    The only reason I sell them is because I live in the Netherlands and I cant always bring 3 pairs of skis with me..

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
    I can give you some of my thoughts.. I have only ridden my Governors 196cm for 4 days.. Have other skis and mostly tour so I am selling mine here in Europe..

About the skis, I bought them after skiing the Bibby Pro for two years. I am 191cm tall myself and found the 190 (188) Bibby sometimes a little short and had too much tail rocker.. When I found out about the redesigned Governor I was stoked.
    The ski is stiff, 10/10 on Moments scale, but I found it surprisingly manageable.. On groomers you want to put some effort in them but as long as you are not feather light yourself you get these thing ripping. I really didnt like the Governors on lower angles powder fields..no fun there.. But as long as you can keep them on a little more angled terrain or can keep the speed up these things make you happy. They charge through everything, go fast etc. But they stay manageable, on steeper slopes you can slow down and also do shorter turns, slip and slide etc and thats what I liked about them. On paper you might think that ski is only for ex racers that go mach 10 all day but they are not. They dont know a speed limit so if you want they can do that, but they also go slower and do shorter turns, work with you in thighter terrain etc.
    The only reason I sell them is because I live in the Netherlands and I cant always bring 3 pairs of skis with me..
    I agree with your review. Just picked up my pair from the factory. According to Moment, 10 of 10 stiffness is more how it feels on snow, not the actual stiffness. Not sure I understand that, but from having skied the 186 Belafonte, the 196 Gov feels a lot less stiff, which I think is good. These are no where near as stiff as the M1/Garbones, which I hand flexed.

Where are people mounting these? I demoed it in 3 positions: On the line (tips felt a bit short), -1.5 (felt like the tips were wandering) and -1 (pretty good, but only 1-2 runs).

Governor

I'd really love to give someone an early Christmas present with a great deal on some unskied 186 governors with Salomon Wardens, but I cannot figure out posting on gear swap for the life of me. How do I crack the code other than searching Jong?

Quote Originally Posted by jab632 View Post
    I'd really love to give someone an early Christmas present with a great deal on some unskied 186 governors with Salomon Wardens, but I cannot figure out posting on gear swap for the life of me. How do I crack the code other than searching Jong?
    You need to post more before you allowed to start a gear swap thread. Something like 10-20 posts.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks. I will go on a posting binge. To add some substance, I bought these to be my quiver of one other than touring. After looking at them and reading more reviews, I am concerned that the governor is too charg-y for real powder snow skiing and too charg-y for spring with the offspring, so it would not have much use for me other than on the rare solely resort day that does not have fresh snow. That and quiver development is a stupid addiction or hobby.