fall in HD (warning: uncomfortable vid to watch)

saw this via adventure journal

dude is lucky to be alive

Looks like that first shot knocked him out... seemed like about the BEST thing that could have happened once shit went bad.

As smokan, lindahl and a few other of us got ready to ride Amasa-back a month or so back we watched some a few base jumpers. It had to be done, so from the parking lot "SAIIIIL!"

At least his knees didn't get scraped.

Of all places to hit the wall he blasts into and straddles that blade of rock. Fuck, crazy how much shit broke off too.

Quote Originally Posted by Poop~Ghost View Post
    As smokan, lindahl and a few other of us got ready to ride Amasa-back a month or so back we watched some a few base jumpers. It had to be done, so from the parking lot "SAIIIIL!"
    Bwahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Of all places to hit the wall he blasts into and straddles that blade of rock. Fuck, crazy how much shit broke off too.
    ^^ I'm watching the vid thinking, WTF is that thing sticking out of the cliff and sure enough buddy provides us with a close up view of it. Crazy scary!

i kept looking at his hands for some clue of his awareness

I wonder if he managed to yell "rock!"

ouch..... take it he lived... anyone know the damage?

bummer, was hoping to see some pretty trees changing colors and the leaves falling off.

this is in random junk thread, but anyway it appears he (well obviously) made a mistake from some of the comments on Vimeo. If you look at the other vids he posted on that site it shows that he's definitely experienced. The sport has so little margin for error. No fall zone...all the time!

^^^^

Woooooooahhhh, I was like "is that ammon? AAAAAAAAAACKKKKKK, CLOSE! CLOSE! CLOSE! "

that's alot of leg meat on display if you're not looking to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poop~Ghost View Post
    ^^^^

Woooooooahhhh, I was like "is that ammon? AAAAAAAAAACKKKKKK, CLOSE! CLOSE! CLOSE! "

that's alot of leg meat on display if you're not looking to see it.

Pretty sure that's the accident that happened the day before we got there. That's the Amasaback lot and the date lines up.

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Pretty sure that's the accident that happened the day before we got there. That's the Amasaback lot and the date lines up.
    Not sure why they were thinking ammon was from New Zealand? Dude was seriously jacked up. BTW, he's probably top 2 aid climbers in the world. Seriously out there hard aid. Looks like he's going to have a long and very painful future.

Is this another vimeo video that doesn't show up for smart phones?

I try it on my Samsung Galaxy S III AND my Nokia lumia Windows phone and the link doesn't show up for EITHER phone...and the Galaxy is the newest android and the Nokia is the newest Windows 8 platform.

Nothing at all on either one.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    Is this another vimeo video that doesn't show up for smart phones?
    Correct. I'm surprised that he's not humpty dumpty. That protruding flake. Ouch.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    That dude is way too mellow.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

I think about the time I thought I lost my arm quite often. It was just dangling, no hand movement at all. It was after our car flew off a cliff near Diamond Fork, UT. Everyone was freaking out and I was just calmly saying "you guys need to get me up onto the road." I was by far the calmest person there. It's really weird how that happens.

I've had the misfortune of being the first to find more than one serious spinal injury. All of them have been completely calm and just ask to go find help. Listening to one tell me that everything below his neck was numb was flat chilling.

I guess they accept things and survival instinct kicks in?

near death experiences typically induce a state of zen-like calm.

as well as the sensation that time slows dramatically.

for me it has happened during a car accident and an extended tomahawk down a steep coulior.

on both occasions i had time for a rather long dialouge with myself (although it didn't allow me to make super spiderman-like reactions).
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...