Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    That's my other beef with them pulling it off the market so soon, they don't have an equitable bike the lineup.

I have a feeling they'll be doing the same thing pivot did with the 650b Firebird then coming out with the Mach 6 shortly after; we'll see their new 27.5" all mountain/enduro bike next year.

And not a yeti fanboy, just like the way that bike looks, basically a better pedaling version of my enduro.

I for the record don't give a fuck if any bike maker stops putting out a particular model. They owe me nothing and I owe them nothing. They're in this to sell bikes, not to build you what you think would be the awesomest.
    If someone really likes the SB66, I'm sure they'll have no problem finding either a used one or wait a few weeks for the remaining stock to get blown out by the lucky retailer.
    This is simply an interesting phenomenon illustrating the dynamic state of mountain bike progression.
    However many are in a shit ton.

PSA SB66 30% off frames at competitive cyclist
    http://www.competitivecyclist.com/co..._M1&mv_pc=r105

Just pulled the trigger on a carbon enduro for under $3k! Crazy this bike was discontinued a few weeks after Yeti released this - http://yeticycles.com/#/tribe/3824

I had previously sold mine for a SB-95, think I'll sell my DH bike and build this one up with a burly fork / coil for the bike park.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I for the record don't give a fuck if any bike maker stops putting out a particular model. They owe me nothing and I owe them nothing. They're in this to sell bikes, not to build you what you think would be the awesomest.
    If someone really likes the SB66, I'm sure they'll have no problem finding either a used one or wait a few weeks for the remaining stock to get blown out by the lucky retailer.
    This is simply an interesting phenomenon illustrating the dynamic state of mountain bike progression.
    Why would I think any company would owe me anything? I worded my original post a bit badly, but I agree with what you're saying. I just find it kind of dumb on their part to get rid of a bike and not have anything in their lineup that took its place.

I found a frame on jenson and its getting delivered next week.

So the 575 is now 27.5? I guess it rides really well and they have frames ready to go. Two things, people will buy them and they probably own that design so the not paying licensing on the 66 and increased margin means they make more loot. Crafty business shit. I hated the 26 575 but I guess this rides all different. Be interesting to try.

^^^ I had to look that up.... it's a sick looking bike now.

Strictly based on the geo/numbers, the 575 is a killer looking ride. I have co-workers who rode it back to back with the sb75 and preferred it due to better angles.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Strictly based on the geo/numbers, the 575 is a killer looking ride. I have co-workers who rode it back to back with the sb75 and preferred it due to better angles.
    Yeah, I just don't get the SB75 at all. Especially now that they have dropped the 66. Not enough travel (should be 6"). Too steep head angle (67.5, WTF, are you gonna run narrow bars, bar ends, and a Judy on it too ;-). Seems like an SB66 with 27.5 wheels would be a shredder. Wonder if they'll be going back to the drawing board on it now that the 66 is canned.

Off the subject, after fondling a Mach 6 Saturday night I want one. Bad....
    Keep it unclipped

Finstah Guest
    Personally, I think people can get too caught up in head tube angle numbers. There are a lot of factors that go into how well a bike rides. I`m beginning to believe that with bigger wheel sizes, trail numbers are a much more credible indicator of how a bike may behave when actually riding.

Equating a 67.5° head angle with a RS Judy seems a bit ridiculous. And besides, doesn't your Reign X have a 67° head angle? A half degree could be compensated for a million different ways...

Quote Originally Posted by Finstah View Post
    Equating a 67.5° head angle with a RS Judy seems a bit ridiculous. And besides, doesn't your Reign X have a 67° head angle? A half degree could be compensated for a million different ways...
    Just trying to be funny. But I think you are right about getting caught up in numbers Finstah, lots more to it for sure. I'd definitely love to get a demo on the 75.
    Keep it unclipped

That 67 HA will prevent you from doing killer spasmodic pointless hops from side to side on your favorite flow trail.

1700 bucks, complete bike on chainlove!?!? damn, what a deal.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    1700 bucks, complete bike on chainlove!?!? damn, what a deal.
    Couldn't resist. Bought the medium. How's that for an impulse purchase! Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Haha! Well done! That was a crazy good deal, I was trying to think of anyone I knew who needed it. Thankfully I didn't!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    I almost bought the large on principle alone... but I somehow refrained. Nice pickup.

Yeah, figured it was a good way to try out a bike I haven't tried before. If I like it, great! Otherwise I can probably even make a modest profit off of it, or pass off the good deal to a friend, if they want it. Total overlap with the Nomad and ASR5, but I always wanted to try an SB66.

I know someone that might buy it if you end up selling.

Wow, nice score there. Glad I didn't see that, I might be in deep shit right now ;-).
    Keep it unclipped

Just popped back up. One XL left.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Sick deal, good thing I just bought a bike for my birthday. Won't get to drool over it till March though
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

up on chainlove for 6 more minutes. $1164 . lots o sizes. fuck, wish I could

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    http://reviews.mtbr.com/yeti-all-in-...fforts-in-2014

"A team spokesman said riders will likely contest most races aboard the same Yeti SB66c Graves fared so well on last year, but didn’t rule out using its bigger-wheeled brethren, the 27.5-inch SB75 and SB95 29er. Yeti traditionally develops product in-season, so tweaked versions of the existing bikes, or the possibility entirely new models will have our eyes on the team pits all season long."

Mine's on the way, just glad to get while the getting's good, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    http://reviews.mtbr.com/yeti-all-in-...fforts-in-2014

"A team spokesman said riders will likely contest most races aboard the same Yeti SB66c Graves fared so well on last year, but didn’t rule out using its bigger-wheeled brethren, the 27.5-inch SB75 and SB95 29er. Yeti traditionally develops product in-season, so tweaked versions of the existing bikes, or the possibility entirely new models will have our eyes on the team pits all season long."
    Listen to what Graves has to say about next year's bike: http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/featu...ow,0/sspomer,2

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Listen to what Graves has to say about next year's bike: http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/featu...ow,0/sspomer,2
    Going to be very interesting to see what shows up under Graves in EWS #1.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.