Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    SHUT UR HOAR MOUTH!!!1!!11

You're wrong. A good examples would be someone standing on the side of the trail and not looking uphill before cutting across the trail.

No, but your car door handle might be

Sooo, Sea foam it is! What do I win?...other than the envious contempt of my lessers, I mean, peers
    nope, your'e confusing traversing with trail merging

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    moving 2 feet left to start a turn is NOT traversing. are all snowboreders this fucking stoopid?

the overtaking skier must yield!

People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.

why is this so hard for you morons to get a grip on. the trail was crowded and there were kids on it, move to the fucking side.
    You are completely wrong. Failing to Look up hill into traffic is the first mistake both father and son made. People traveling downhill have a trajectory, yes they can alter that trajectory, but a stationary object suddenly moving across the slope is not the uphill person's, in this instance, responsibility.

Go back to your mob.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I hit him from above, but it is not my fault is a mantra that will never go far with me.

Kid hit a smaller kid. Kid got hit. Everyone probably learned a little, and everyone is okay.

I'm glad I've never hit one or the people that have hit my kids. I'm glad none of my vulgar rants responding to my kids being hit has made it on some kids go-pro. If you can respond rationally to your kid getting creamed, you're a better human than me.
    I'm sure it is tough, but it does not justify the actions taken.

That idiot who hit the kid deserves to be prosecuted for assault. He hit someone in a situation that was not self defense, pure and simple. That guy is a complete idiot.

The snowboarder is an idiot too, but at least his situation was a mistake.
    Last edited by Long duc dong; 12-06-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I didn't justify what the father did. I just think the kid was at fault. I think if that guy hit the kid, he would have been unconscious based on the size differential. I think the guy slapped the kids helmet, which is also wrong. If the boarder was my kid, I would have talked the dad down, and made my kid apologize. The lunch would have been a tool to teach my kid, as my kids work hard for their limited money.

For a kid to run my kid over and then go to the press and play victim takes a special kind of narcissism. The fact that this has played out like this, speaks to the parents of the little tool.

It sounds to me like ski patrol handled this about perfectly.
    You are leaving out the part where the kid got slapped by an adult. Said adult deserves to be banned from the resort. The adult deserves to be brought up on whatever whimsical charge would be appropriate. It won't be much, but he deserves it.

Both kids are victims here. Neither is really the worse for wear.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by hortence View Post
    By the same token, nothing the father did justifies riding out of control and hitting a little kid, then going on teevee (during what must have a very slow news night) to show the depths of your butthurt. That's actually the most despicable thing about this whole sordid affair.

These guys need to be on the Jerry Springer show.
    No and no. The most despicable thing is obviously the father.

I am not going to beat the proverbial dead horse on what has already been stated, but a few things are bothering me.

1. The snowboarder is 17, I hardly consider him a "kid". At what point do you man up and take responsibility for you actions? A simple apology to asshole dad and general concern over very young skiers well being could have gone a long way in hindsight. Obviously the snowboarders are very immature for being able to operate a vehicle and join the Marines within the year.

2. Snowboarder left scene of the accident. If there was a serious injury police would most certainly do a bac or blooddraw. I am not saying that the snowboarder was pounding PBR's on the lift but he should have stuck around even with Asshole dad in his face. A judge will never look favorably on leaving the scene of an accident.

3. The snowboarders mom posted this on YouTube. Maybe I am getting old and part of a different generation but what kind of parent defends her 17 year old on social media like this? If you want to go to the police or get a lawyer fine, but getting into a pissing match on YouTube is mind boggling. I hate to say this, but it is just one more piece of evidence on why millennials and their parents get such bad raps.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    You are leaving out the part where the kid got slapped by an adult. Said adult deserves to be banned from the resort. The adult deserves to be brought up on whatever whimsical charge would be appropriate. It won't be much, but he deserves it.

Both kids are victims here. Neither is really the worse for wear.
    How old is snowboarder?... Is the concensus that he gets a pass for being a dick, uploading his vid, even goes on tv, because he's just a "kid"? At what age do you teach jr. to own your fail? Keep giving'em passes. I'm sure it'll all just turn out to be fine. So little Johnny takes out a child and plays the victim because he got what amounts to a scolding. I really want to know who in his family is the lawyer(just a hunch).

If that was my snowboarder kid and I saw that, my gut reaction would to tell papa bear 1st, never touch my kid, 2nd, is everyone ok?, 3rd, tell my kid to apologize to the dad and the kid you ran over and lets move on.

Show us the bruise you got from being hit in the head, if there is one, you'll have some of my sympathy.

^^ChicagoMike beat me to it...

ps... sounds like jong dik dung just may be one of that generation, carefull what you say, he may go to the news with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoMike View Post
    I am not going to beat the proverbial dead horse on what has already been stated, but a few things are bothering me.

1. A simple apology to asshole dad and general concern over very young skiers well being could have gone a long way in hindsight.

2. Snowboarder left scene of the accident. If there was a serious injury police would most certainly do a bac or blooddraw. I am not saying that the snowboarder was pounding PBR's on the lift but he should have stuck around even with Asshole dad in his face. A judge will never look favorably on leaving the scene of an accident.
    Snowboarder was a dumbass but...

Yeah, not a whole lot of time to do number 1 before Dad is in his face screaming and whacks him upside the head.

After someone assaults you I'm pretty sure you have a good argument for leaving the scene.

If I was the resort I wouldn't want either of these two skiing at my hill. Pull both their passes.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

So far we have:

MPPG with a WIN on the color...I think you should get a SEAFOAM Colored JACKET

snowboarder to some out of control to others not out of control, either way alittle bit of a pussy for crying to the TV, but I didnt think he was disrespectful to the child who he asks if their ok right away and not disrespectful to father.....

DAD ... no matter how you cut it, is a real cock sucker for SLAPPING the kid not punching but SLAPPING the kid in the head......no adult should touch another kid period... last I check and teach to my kids that VIOLENCE solves nothing (in some cases it does)

And last but not least whether you are traversing across , stopped to talk in a safe place not the middle of the trail , or whether you are TRAIL MERGING......the bottom line is ..........................................

LOOK UP HILL TO CHECK TO SEE WHATS COMING AT YOU....again LOOK UP HILL TO CHECK TRAFFIC...
    anything missing.?????

CONTINUE ON
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    you are brain dead
    Most people in Utah don't know the definition of merging. Poor Damian, so much stick taken for what he thinks is just normal daily living.

^^^^Chicago Mike: this is utah. no need for a etoh screen for that kid.
    Last edited by skinipenem; 12-06-2013 at 12:34 PM.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Who hasn't run into some one while skiing before? seriously. for all the people flogging on the snow boarder, I am sure if they did a retrospective analysis of their skiing, they would recall a few mistakes they made .. despite being able to recite (or copypasta) the alpine responsibility code.

A few years ago, I was skiing in a group down a cat track, no one in site, the cat track was high speed .... seemingly out of nowhere a little girl zips in from the right.... it looked like a fucking disaster, snow cloud, bodies .. but in the end, my friend recognized that he couldn't avoid the kid, so he scooped her up in his arms...kid was oblivious, happy and safe ... delivered directly to the thankful arms of her father. We all felt like shitty douches that day, but her dad was cool and reasonable, and realized that it could have been so much worse.... much karma was had by all.

like anything, its all about how you react/ deal..... Dad is a looser, he probably hits his own kids.

..... the colour debate is where its at, my monitor is shit... aquamarine anyone?
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    After someone assaults you I'm pretty sure you have a good argument for....
    Where is that Zimmerman thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I think this really strikes a cord with a lot of people because it basically captures a lot of what is wrong with 2013 America.

Angry 30's/ 40 something asshole white male and 17 year old pussy millennial in an altercation over a white persons first world problem.

Wait, did I just watch a goPro video without SAIL!!! playing as the soundtrack?

Sweet Jesus, somebody fix that shit QUICK!

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoMike View Post
    I think this really strikes a cord with a lot of people because it basically captures a lot of what is wrong with 2013 America.

Angry 30's/ 40 something asshole white male and 17 year old pussy millennial in an altercation over a white persons first world problem.
    Chord...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Who hasn't run into some one while skiing before? seriously. for all the people flogging on the snow boarder, I am sure if they did a retrospective analysis of their skiing, they would recall a few mistakes they made .. despite being able to recite (or copypasta) the alpine responsibility code.
    This. Too lazy/dont care enough to read this whole thread but skimmed the first few pages...do the people accusing the snowboarder of riding too fast/out of control really ski/ride slower than he was going? If so you then you ski like a pussy. Shit happens, especially in a high risk sport like skiing/snowboarding.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    So far we have:

MPPG with a WIN on the color...I think you should get a SEAFOAM Colored JACKET

snowboarder to some out of control to others not out of control, either way alittle bit of a pussy for crying to the TV, but I didnt think he was disrespectful to the child who he asks if their ok right away and not disrespectful to father.....

DAD ... no matter how you cut it, is a real cock sucker for SLAPPING the kid not punching but SLAPPING the kid in the head......no adult should touch another kid period... last I check and teach to my kids that VIOLENCE solves nothing (in some cases it does)

And last but not least whether you are traversing across , stopped to talk in a safe place not the middle of the trail , or whether you are TRAIL MERGING......the bottom line is ..........................................

LOOK UP HILL TO CHECK TO SEE WHATS COMING AT YOU....again LOOK UP HILL TO CHECK TRAFFIC...
    anything missing.?????

CONTINUE ON
    You forgot to summarize the two schools of thought WRT to running into people below you on the slope. One school (seemingly comprised mostly of snowboarders) seems to think it's all part of the game; that skiing in control is necessarily going to involve some collateral damage.

Others, not so much. They seem to think that being "in control" means being able to stop so you don't have to push little girls out of the way before you plow into a little boy.

cmcrawfo

No, I've never run into anyone. I've been hit three times (when standing still at the edge of a trail). The first time sent me to the hospital and started a chronic shoulder dislocation that lasts a lifetime. Big fun! I guess that's why I take this shit seriously.

Now the snowboarder who actually did stop at the crowded choke point (in the unedited youtube clip, not that teevee snooze edited version) -- that was Joseph's Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, if ever I saw one. Turquoise, Teal, Seafoam and that's just for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by EEC View Post
    This. Too lazy/dont care enough to read this whole thread but skimmed the first few pages...do the people accusing the snowboarder of riding too fast/out of control really ski/ride slower than he was going? If so you then you ski like a pussy. Shit happens, especially in a high risk sport like skiing/snowboarding.

Yeah I ski like a pussy.

No wait!

Skiing the crowded WROD is the best place I know to show what I bad ass I am, so there I ski like a shithead. Yeah, shit happens. People gonna get hurt, but I gotta be me.

100% the snowboarders fault and he is a complete fucking moron for the line he chose on a busy groomer with NOVICE skiers/snowboarders. Glad he got smacked and hope he hangs up his snowboard.

Can some of the old timers here help bring Damian Sanders back on the carpet? this thread had some potential. The color of the jacket was a distraction from what could have really gone down here.
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

What's even more sad is people are saying the out-of-control skier girl who cuts in front of the snowboarder is somehow right?
    Then the stupidity of the father and his son not looking up hill before they start is crazy
    WROD is a fitting acronym
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Thread theme music?

Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    You are completely wrong. Failing to Look up hill into traffic is the first mistake both father and son made. People traveling downhill have a trajectory, yes they can alter that trajectory, but a stationary object suddenly moving across the slope is not the uphill person's, in this instance, responsibility.

Go back to your mob.

Stooopid 5 yr olds ... not looking up hill .... oh wait a minute... Never mind, Snowboarder leaving no room for error will be just fine, it always works out just fine.... I wonder what would have happened if when he was "cut off" by that skier, he decided to scrub most or all of his speed then, instead of not wanting to slow down in a crowded area... shit happens, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post

Stooopid 5 yr olds ... not looking up hill .... oh wait a minute... Never mind, Snowboarder leaving no room for error will be just fine, it always works out just fine.... I wonder what would have happened if when he was "cut off" by that skier, he decided to scrub most or all of his speed then, instead of not wanting to slow down in a crowded area... shit happens, I guess.
    Are you retarded or just playing the TGR game, because the whole concept of looking up the hill applies before you start traversing. Not start traversing, then looking uphill. It would be like running a red light, then tapping the breaks after you hit someone in your scenario.

Thanks for playing though.

Also, these arguments always amuse me, notably the retards who proclaim the downhill skier is absolutely always right. Like if some moron cuts you off you can realistically stop on a dime on fucking frozen water. Sorry, just because you are the downhill skier doesn't mean you cant be the cause of the wreck. Hence, like all the other points of the skier code you epic ski douches like to quote, otherwise it would just be one. But it isn't, so quit being retards.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Wowwwwwww.

Can you do that for the footage of kid in Turquoise jacket.

Might finally settle the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........