We Don't Need Your Damn Help

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Should be a new license plate.

Texas

We Don't Need Your Damn Help
    Except when we ask Biden for it.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Great story; took it half step beyond believable with that last reach about the books.

Those women don't marry.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Great story; took it half step beyond believable with that last reach about the books.

Those women don't marry.
    I saw it in my Twitter feed and didn’t believe it either.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Those women don't marry.
    Lol good point Bmills.

The fridge stuff spoiling is the other tell, just put it outside it's cold out there. But entertaining none the less.

Ted Cruz now vacationing in Cancun with the family. Lol.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So, I was thinking. When I drive I70 through Kansas and eastern Colorado, sometimes there are wind turbines literally as far as the eye can see. That ain't too far from Texas. How are they doing?

^^^Just like upstate. Betya they’re turning

Just as cold but the power's on: (scroll down) https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...utage-map.html

Having some trouble in LA and MS though, and KY and WVA also

Just got off a call with a client in LA and he said no water or power for a few days at his home. Busted pipes all over the place. Been hanging at the office.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So, I was thinking. When I drive I70 through Kansas and eastern Colorado, sometimes there are wind turbines literally as far as the eye can see. That ain't too far from Texas. How are they doing?
    I haven't been there recently, but I have driven through in arctic temps before, and they spin.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Ain't no damn pencil pushin regultors gonna tell them fellers what to do.

State full of ornery fucks

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Speaking of Texas, the now former mayor of Colorado City, TX weighs in.......WOW:

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/n...ected-by-cold/
    I read that timbo has recieved the appropriate death threats, wife lost her job ect so its all good

I duno if he is holding any elected office at this point but whom is going to vote for an asshole like that?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I read that timbo has recieved the appropriate death threats, wife lost her job ect so its all good

I duno if he is holding any elected office at this point but whom is going to vote for an asshole like that?
    75 million Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I haven't been there recently, but I have driven through in arctic temps before, and they spin.
    plenty of wind turbines all over Canada in cold af places that work fine.
    27° 18°

Windmills break when covered in ice from freezing rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    plenty of wind turbines all over Canada in cold af places that work fine.
    yeah but we are ready for cold weather, it was -30 last week and everything just keeps going
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Windmills break when covered in ice from freezing rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sure, once the anti-icing elements are turned off. Same tech as currently exists in airplane wings and Vail sidewalks to melt ice. Not complicated. You are aware windmills power the research stations in Antarctica, right? I don't think it was posted on this page so I'll say it again.

Stop thinking Texas is an amazing weather outlier. It is a pure failure of un-regulated capitalism not giving a shit about people and government not being smart enough to ask 'what-if'. If the Texan windmills froze up it is ONLY because the power generators didn't install the anti-icing tech because they wanted to save money and Texas regulators didn't require them to do it. Hell, I've installed these de-icing elements on vehicle barriers in San Francisco in the event that it snows there. Last snow in downtown SF was a whopping 1" in 1976.

TL;DR Fuck Texas. They made their bed.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I imagine this will get either more frequent or more severe as climate change progresses.
    I haven't seen any evidence that cold snaps happen any more frequently due to climate change. In fact I think the evidence points to less extremely cold weather overall.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I saw it in my Twitter feed and didn’t believe it either.
    Agree...feels made up but don’t doubt there’s some fool out there in a similar type situation .

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I haven't seen any evidence that cold snaps happen any more frequently due to climate change. In fact I think the evidence points to less extremely cold weather overall.
    They had Judah Cohen on CBC this am on the topic of this weather event. He was talking about the sudden stratospheric warming that disrupts the polar vortex in the arctic sending cold air masses down to the lower latitudes. I recall he mentioned this is related to the warming arctic. His blog is pretty sweet, but really dense. https://www.aer.com/science-research...c-oscillation/

I think there is quite a bit of debate about his theories.
    27° 18°

"13 Curses to Mutter Against Ted Cruz While You Boil Snow to Drink"

https://www.texasmonthly.com/politic...snow-to-drink/
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Hmmm... this seems relevant. Texas had the same problem in 2011. Same root cause, power generation wasn't able to perform in cold weather.

https://www.ferc.gov/sites/default/f...-11-report.pdf
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    They had Judah Cohen on CBC this am on the topic of this weather event. He was talking about the sudden stratospheric warming that disrupts the polar vortex in the arctic sending cold air masses down to the lower latitudes. I recall he mentioned this is related to the warming arctic. His blog is pretty sweet, but really dense. https://www.aer.com/science-research...c-oscillation/

I think there is quite a bit of debate about his theories.
    I don't know Cohen, but overall this is relatively basic climatology. "Global" warming occurs disproportionately at the the poles. The weakened temperature gradient between the tropics and the poles destabilizes the polar vortex and makes detachment of the vortex and excursions into mid-latitude regions more likely. Predicting when and where those detachments will happen is exceedingly difficult (i.e., weather vs. climate), but the increasing probability of occurrence as the planet warms is not controversial in climate science.