Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    This is speculation of course, but the heel lifters look interesting. I wonder if they are capable of turning the heel either way to go to tour mode, and the lifters will work either way. That how it looks to me anyway.

http://www.genuineguidegear.com/2014-ion/

Pics definitely make it look like a radical mount
    If you can't dig it, you ain't got no shovel

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    If G3 can actually create a binding that retains the lightweight simplicity and functionality of the Radical series bindings, while incrementally improving on the engineering tolerances, durability, and release characteristics, they will have a winner. The Beast is far too heavy, expensive, and complicated, while (based on past efforts) the Zenith will likely be released without adequate abuse testing and will have multiple structural flaws.
    Unless the Beast actually works, and lasts...

Then it's a winner in my book. Any tech binding that skis without compromise, is safe and durable deserves to win. Don't know if the Beast qualifies, but it has the most ambition and potential to do so imo.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

neck beard and xxx-er pretty much hit it on the head. Taking off my shill hat; nothing tech-related should be 100% trusted until its had at least a season imo. And that goes for the Beast and Ion and Zenith.

Putting on my shill hat again now.

This post was endorsed by Fritschi, Dynafit and G3

Quote Originally Posted by snoboy View Post
    This is speculation of course, but the heel lifters look interesting. I wonder if they are capable of turning the heel either way to go to tour mode, and the lifters will work either way. That how it looks to me anyway.
    Thats how it works.

The two plastic things by the toe are to spring load the closure. It looks like it has a chance of being one of the easiest tech bindings to step into.

Rep told me the toe mount is 30% wider than a Radical. Not completely clear if the hole pattern itself is wider or just the baseplate.

Bro, chill... My X ray capable super expert eyes know all and those will break. I can tell by the inversely proportionate coefficient of the material interface value and the way they applied the hue saturation of the color pallette. I don't even need to look at them, touch them, ski them, work in binding manufacture or even know anything solid about them to know this new binding is 100% a piece of shit.

-Everyone here.

Honestly, do you guys ever get tired of knowing everything way ahead of the release of any valid, palatable details? It seems tiresome.
    Last edited by DoWork; 12-09-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Bro, chill... My X ray capable super expert eyes know all and those will break. I can tell by the inversely proportionate coefficient of the material interface value and the way they applied the hue saturation of the color pallette. I don't even need to look at them, touch them, ski them, work in binding manufacture or even know anything solid about them to know this new binding is 100% a piece of shit.

-Everyone here.
    You left out the key part: It might be OK for the rest of you ladies. But I charge so effing hard, my mere gaze will shatter this binding into a thousand tiny pieces.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Honestly, do you guys ever get tired of knowing everything way ahead of the release of any valid, palatable details? It seems tiresome.
    most people here ignore details even after release of them. see: zenith thread.

Quote Originally Posted by samthaman View Post
    Thats how it works.
    How does one twist the heel from tour to ski with a ski pole? Is the Van Halen ski-to-tour mode change is possible? Doesn't look like it.

No shit. Hyper-figuring-it-out from glimpse photos and getting half of it wrong in advance is a waste of zen.

The day will come, all will be known, buy or don't buy. Everything else until then is noise in your head.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    No shit. Hyper-figuring-it-out from glimpse photos and getting half of it wrong in advance is a waste of zen.

The day will come, all will be known, buy or don't buy. Everything else until then is noise in your head.
    I kind of wondered how much guessing there would be from one post to one link. 5 days, 3 pages and approx 3060 views later I have my answer. If only I'd negotiated the contract terms so I got paid by generated hype vs paid by the post

pay full + exorbitant regional markup for almost everything
    If your shop doesn't match MEC......they suck.
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

It was very effective!

In the future brands would do well to release only an oblique angle binding toe photo showing the front left hand side only. Less is more it seems.

Nothing wrong with a bit of anticipation, of course.
    Life is not lift served.

Hugh Conway Guest
    In the future brands would do well to release only an oblique angle binding toe photo showing the front left hand side only. Less is more it seems.
    that's overkill. a press release from a software design partner of your consultants (arc'teryx airbag) or a photo of a prototype in popular science (BD airbag) are all it takes when there's a perceived need from the platinum car'd patagucci'd TGR core crewe

barring abject failure, I'm looking forward to discounts on the "losers" of the great tech binding bonanza in a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I kind of wondered how much guessing there would be from one post to one link. 5 days, 3 pages and approx 3060 views later I have my answer. If only I'd negotiated the contract terms so I got paid by generated hype vs paid by the post
    Hey you can reply to my post for change for a nickel. I'm pulling for G3.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    that's overkill. a press release from a software design partner of your consultants (arc'teryx airbag) or a photo of a prototype in popular science (BD airbag) are all it takes when there's a perceived need from the platinum car'd patagucci'd TGR core crewe

barring abject failure, I'm looking forward to discounts on the "losers" of the great tech binding bonanza in a couple years.
    Should I go with a 21/32nds posidrive machine screw with a slow set two-part CNC epoxy titinal ramp angle release value?
    Last edited by neck beard; 12-09-2013 at 08:24 PM.
    Life is not lift served.

What would be insane marketing is if every part of the binding could be rebuilt so every one a with garage CNC machined could machine their own lighter bits. G3 could co-market this with CNC machine manufacturers and anodization service providers.

Then require that every binding only be installed with inserts thus quadrupling the sales of garage drill presses

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    sales of garage drill presses
    At bro prices.
    Life is not lift served.

It's a revolution.

Was that a drill pun?

[I'm plugging for G3 as well, BTW]
    Life is not lift served.

ayuh

What a bore.
    Life is not lift served.

Hugh Conway Guest
    another TGR reaming

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    How does one twist the heel from tour to ski with a ski pole? Is the Van Halen ski-to-tour mode change is possible? Doesn't look like it.
    OMG you're going to loose 10 seconds every time you want to change. Time to write another essay about everything that's wrong with the world.