Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Edit to add: An Orange Radical!!! If this is cheaper than ST's it could match my skis better.
    Yes! I hear it goes well with the red boots.

Unless most people here have access to some inside info to which the rest of us are not privy, this sounds like a whole lot of baseless speculation.

look at the picts it would appear to be a makeover of the rad which may not be bad if they do it well
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Well from LeeLau's picture we know that there's more than one unit produced, which is more than you can say about some other vaporware/proto tech bindings.

Saw a pair of these up close on the hill on Tuesday - they look, and sound, really nice. I've had Dynafit Radical's for the past 2 years and if nothing shakes out of these G3's in the next few months of real testing (as opposed to 3D printed testing at trade shows) I'm definitely going to be on these next year. (Can't wait to support a Canadian company They look like a more solid Radical: Lots of metal in the heel piece, which is spring-loaded and slides as the ski flexes. The toe sounds really solid when you step it, and there is tones of snow clearance below the toe piece. Lot's of other features that make them different/superior to other hype tech bindings, but I'll let all the tech types read over the soon-to-be-released spec's and compare pre-load, travel and the reasoning on why you don't need to lockout the toe-piece like on other tech bindings. And apparently they are similar weight to Radicals' and are going to be priced really well. Nice work G3!

Not going to spill the beans too much as all the info we are desperately waiting for is coming from G3. But for those speculating think a burlier radical speed with a brake. Very positive jaw pressure. Low stack height. They are being skied right now really hard by a few people.

LOTS of consultation from various user groups (not just pro's either but common folk like you and me) and a crap tonne of prototyping and testing.

This is just the first of many cool things from G3 coming.

Looks nice. Orange and green is pretty nice too.

Happy to take one for the maggot team and be a tester. G3, PM me for deets.

Quote Originally Posted by powdergangsters View Post
    Not going to spill the beans too much as all the info we are desperately waiting for is coming from G3. But for those speculating think a burlier radical speed with a brake. Very positive jaw pressure. Low stack height. They are being skied right now really hard by a few people.

LOTS of consultation from various user groups (not just pro's either but common folk like you and me) and a crap tonne of prototyping and testing.
    This along with some other things posted all sounds good.

I'll just be happy to have an alternative to Dynafit at a reasonable price with brakes. I really resented just buying three new sets of their bindings (full retail, once again, because what choice do you have?)
    Last edited by neck beard; 12-15-2013 at 02:55 AM.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    I really resented just buying three new sets of their bindings (full retail, once again, because what choice do you have?)
    So if you didn't pay full retail you wouldn't have resented buying them?

Seems their doing something right if you did shell out for 3x pairs at full pop.

Wow, you are always so fast? hmm...

I had no choice. I resent feeling cornered.

I am looking forward to more choice in the future.
    Life is not lift served.

So far all we are hearing is just hype ... show me don't tell me

Buying Canadian is well and good but I have been patriotic and supported the Canadian company in the past and got screwed so for me a product has to stand on its own ...not hiding behind a maple leaf

and really the canadian market for a tech binding numbers wise is < fuck all ... so it must stand on its own in the EU against dynafit/fritschi/plum

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post

I'll just be happy to have an alternative to Dynafit at a reasonable price with brakes. As an industry participant and volunteer, Dynafit have failed to win over my long term brand loyalty. I really resented just buying three new sets of their bindings (full retail, once again, because what choice do you have?)
    wow you payed list ?

thats worse than admiting you have a small dick

Round here on tgr it is, but whatev. I live in a different world to you guys and pay full + exorbitant regional markup for almost everything, and then wear it out properly. My point was that if a wad of scarce cash gets handed over, I like it to come after selecting from some competitive choices. Those days are coming. Can't I just be happy about that?
    Life is not lift served.

the competition can only be good, just yanking your chain Neck beard don't get butt hurt !

how many shills y'think we got posting on this one ?

Dude, I save my special butthurt for gloves.

Shills will be in play from both sides of the fence on this one.
    Life is not lift served.

Here's hoping it's on a swap plate system like the Onyx. Really the only thing the Onyx had going for it IMO.

nobody really has a clue if this binding is gona work anymore than they can say the fritschi is gona work

we DO know how well the dynafit & plum work

I am content to wait and see how it all shakes out

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

I am content to wait and see how it all shakes out
    yep, wait and watch for two seasons I reckon.
    Life is not lift served.

Hugh Conway Guest
    how many shills y'think we got posting on this one ?
    I get paid by the post but not by G3

Are the brakes removable or will there be a pair without brakes? And will they have plates like the onyx?

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    Are the brakes removable or will there be a pair without brakes? And will they have plates like the onyx?
    http://www.genuineguidegear.com/2014-ion/ just from yesterday more pics. and some more text. Details are scarce.

Available next season the brakes look removable, it looks like they will mount like a dynafit as opposed to the plate in the onyx

I see a 2nd set of holes in the back of that toe piece whats is that about?

I actualy do wonder how much they weigh???

... not a shill for any product

If G3 can actually create a binding that retains the lightweight simplicity and functionality of the Radical series bindings, while incrementally improving on the engineering tolerances, durability, and release characteristics, they will have a winner. The Beast is far too heavy, expensive, and complicated, while (based on past efforts) the Zenith will likely be released without adequate abuse testing and will have multiple structural flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by d542east View Post
    Here's hoping it's on a swap plate system like the Onyx. Really the only thing the Onyx had going for it IMO.
    I was hoping for that too, but these new photos of the IOn G3 posted today show 4 mounting screws on the toe piece - so no compatibility with the Onyx plates... too bad.. I have them on two pairs of skis, and was looking forward to a new version of the Onyx with a better and more durable (=metal) heel piece...

What G3 needs is to build a better binding to compete with the other tech bindings ...not "a beast"

if G3 are look to take market share from dynafit & plum they need to make an as good or better "radical" and sell many MANY units to the euro's, north america may look way bigger on a map but they don't buy fuck all touring bindings

The fat americans who need the beast will not make $$$ for G3

I see a 2nd set of holes in the back of that toe piece whats is that about?
    Place to bolt on the ski crampon slot?

Is it just me or does it look like it has a higher stack height then other tech bindings?
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    If G3 can actually create a binding that retains the lightweight simplicity and functionality of the Radical series bindings, while incrementally improving on the engineering tolerances, durability, and release characteristics, they will have a winner. The Beast is far too heavy, expensive, and complicated,
    Agree.

But this is the trg forumz, so... BEAST!
    Life is not lift served.