Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    A lot of talk about the Carrera GT out of this. Some stating it shouldn't be on the road.

Obligatory Top Gear Review - Clarkson struggles to control the thing. Even the Stig spins her.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

So I'm right.

Racing kills 14.4/1000, DWI kills .09/1000

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    That makes it ok?
    I am not here to condone street racing one bit. Nor have I in this thread. That was others. I'm just saying I believe drinking and driving kills more. That's it. No more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    So I'm right.

Racing kills 14.4/1000, DWI kills .09/1000
    your right, my math is wrong. I was comparing per day to a year total which was wack.

BUT

Street racing is more fun than drinking and driving. However, I dont dare dust you people in my stock Volvo S40. Also that is per-capita, as Tipp desired (I owe you a bong hit for losing). Odds still stand as a non participant you are much more likely to be killed by a random drunk driver than a street racer.
    Last edited by Labcabin; 12-03-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    A lot of talk about the Carrera GT out of this. Some stating it shouldn't be on the road.

Obligatory Top Gear Review - Clarkson struggles to control the thing. Even the Stig spins her.
    Wow that thing is twitchy as fuck. As Jeremy says, control on a knife edge.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Without reading your sources, how do they define street racing?
    Are people that off themselves while speeding considered street racing? I'll bet A LOT of people that die from drunk driving, speeding (racing) is a major contributor.

The takeaway from this is... regardless of whether you're a pro driver in a difficult-to-control car or not, don't push the limit with someone else in the car. Especially on a crowded road.

I think the worst part is how this happens every day but no one gives a shit until it's a celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Who the fuck is this guy? Derrr, "Street racing is the same as drunk driving". Get fucked, bud. You are one stupid motherfucker.
    Look I'm sure your Bob Bonderaunt,Boris Said and Lewis Hamilton all rolled into 1 in your souped up shit box with lame home made mods and a big dumb wing on the back and for sure some black fly fly eye #5's so excuse me for not giving you the proper respect you deserve. You are a joke. You are laughed at by the people who drive the cars that you have on your walls dickbag. I'm not anti-fast cars just like im not anti drinking. But you go racing around on public roads your a fucking moron. I would hit your big dumb head with a bat if I could and just claim I was doing Urban Batting practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    your right, my math is wrong. I was comparing per day to a year total which was wack.

BUT

Street racing is more fun than drinking and driving. However, I dont dare dust you people in my stock Volvo S40. Also that is per-capita, as Tipp desired (I owe you a bong hit for losing). Odds still stand as a non participant you are much more likely to be killed by a random drunk driver than a street racer.
    More Fun ? So one stupid thing is fuNeR than the other? Jesus christ I hope your not over 30 years old and a parent.......oh.sorry just realized your from Canadumb. Carry on with that long form multiplication there Grigori...................

He had a 15 yo daughter. That makes this very sad, she lost her dad.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyyee View Post
    Look I'm sure your Bob Bonderaunt,Boris Said and Lewis Hamilton all rolled into 1 in your souped up shit box with lame home made mods and a big dumb wing on the back and for sure some black fly fly eye #5's so excuse me for not giving you the proper respect you deserve. You are a joke. You are laughed at by the people who drive the cars that you have on your walls dickbag. I'm not anti-fast cars just like im not anti drinking. But you go racing around on public roads your a fucking moron. I would hit your big dumb head with a bat if I could and just claim I was doing Urban Batting practice.
    You're making the transition from newschoolers.com in smashing fashion there dOOd!

Keep up the good work at assimilating to the community here. Don't change a thing, ur doing just great.

JONG.
    i dont slay ur groomerz with teh steeze so dont carve corduroy in r park nOOb!

my arsenal !: 4FRNT CRJ : Armada Pipecleaners : Salomon 1080 Gun Lab : Rossignol Scratch FS : Salomon Yellow 1080s : Rossignol Powair : Elan SCX : K2 Extremes (4 versions)

I'd take a late model twin turbo Supra and day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Who the fuck is this guy? Derrr, "Street racing is the same as drunk driving". Get fucked, bud. You are one stupid motherfucker.
    Like I said in previous posts on here I used to Street race quite a bit and while it's debatable if it's more dangerous then drinking and driving there is no arguing it's fucking dangerous and pretty dumb. I'd never do it again. I witnessed a super close call and took my racing to the track. Where it belongs.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    I'd take a late model twin turbo Supra and day of the week.
    X2......
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    He had a 15 yo daughter. That makes this very sad, she lost her dad.
    He also had a 23 y/o girl which he started dating when she was 16 and he 32. That makes him fucking sad and gross.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    He also had a 23 y/o girl which he started dating when she was 16 and he 32. That makes him fucking sad and gross.
    He was Mormon. No big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyyee View Post
    More Fun ? So one stupid thing is fuNeR than the other? Jesus christ I hope your not over 30 years old and a parent.......oh.sorry just realized your from Canadumb. Carry on with that long form multiplication there Grigori...................
    Dude that was said in half satire with sarcasm. Who the fuck are you douche bag, and where did you come from? Also wtf has you so pissed off your coming after everyone in this thread? Was Paul Walker fucking you in the ass and now your pissed? You think I'm also serious about my stock Volvo beating anyone in a street race? Come the fuck on, lighten up a bit. So I fucked some math up. At least I admitted I did. Your just an asshole. What's your excuse? Maybe its better if you just leave TGR.

JONG
    Last edited by Labcabin; 12-03-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    Like I said in previous posts on here I used to Street race quite a bit and while it's debatable if it's more dangerous then drinking and driving there is no arguing it's fucking dangerous and pretty dumb. I'd never do it again. I witnessed a super close call and took my racing to the track. Where it belongs.
    x's 2. I'm an autocrosser. Street racing was dumb. Saw a spectator get run over, saw a friend get tackled as a flagger on the news, lots of big ass fines, but fuck this holier than thou motherfucker. He's still a virgin. And fuck your talon. I don't like losing that badly.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    That is pretty fucking sad and weird.

Isn't the formula "half the age minus zero"?

Never saw his movies, but he played disc golf - so he's solid in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Poop~Ghost View Post

Never saw his movies, but he played disc golf - so he's solid in my book.
    Yeah that totally excuses the street racing, 16 y.o. girlfriend and (mostly) shitty movie resume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Hugh Conway Guest
    I'm sure it does to the ultimate community......

But it's the cube jock community that he really has to impress to get full approval.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Yeah that totally excuses the street racing, 16 y.o. girlfriend and (mostly) shitty movie resume.
    U mad bro?