Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Sick TR
    Going to AK for the first time (and anytime for that matter) is a life-changing experience. The scale and remoteness of that place just blows everything out of the water. seems like you're in a constant state of bliss when you're up in those peaks... Thanks for the TR

btw.. as far as the Bush company goes... "I don't know, but I've been told Eskimo pussy is mighty cold"

Quote Originally Posted by Alyeska_Skibum
    Sweet pics mang!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3pin
    Tom's friend had us at the Great Alaskan Bush Company. An Anchorage must-see apparently, although the 4pm, Monday afternoon strippers were probably not their best girls (I hope).
    Ya, Monday afternoon.............................definatley "B" squad
    Edited to maintain the stoke. But definitely B Squad.

Bump for another 10 photos on page 2. The more I look at this one, the more I find myself surfing again and again to Travelocity:

Last edited by 3pin; 03-18-2005 at 02:48 PM.

Yeah, a lot of tatoos and stretch marks.
    A FOUL ON THE COURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

I still hate you......
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Thumbs up

Now THAT'S a TR. Shit.

CAW!

CAW! CAW!! CAW!!! CAW!!!!
    CAW!

Fantastic. I was just at alyeska about 2 weeks ago and indeed, the north face is boner city. We caught it on about a knee deep day, a day after the storm. There are so few skiers there though that it skied like the utah resorts do at noon on a pow day.

I'm still slaking in getting my TR up, maybe i wait until this one fades a bit.

Thumbs up

Is your friend skiing Sanouk's mounted with tele binders (Hammerheads perhaps)? Musta been a sick setup for the skiing. Oh yeah, and great TR, I know what I'm saving my pennies for now.
    Last edited by glademaster; 03-18-2005 at 04:34 PM.

I heart AK

Bonerocity.com is where to book a flight for a trip like that.

Focking Eh!
    Live To Ski!

if ever there was a need for the Sick Bird it is this thread - glad to see you finally showed up
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    WOW. 5678910
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Monkey
    Fantastic. I was just at alyeska about 2 weeks ago and indeed, the north face is boner city. We caught it on about a knee deep day, a day after the storm. There are so few skiers there though that it skied like the utah resorts do at noon on a pow day.

I'm still slaking in getting my TR up, maybe i wait until this one fades a bit.
    Dude aly is an anthill, it gets tracked out real fast, you want no people you should see ALpenglow and Eaglecrest, if its a powder day and you don't score fresh on your last line of the day something is seriously wrong

And I need a sled to get me back into turni some, shizzle!
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Akpm, I'm really am trying hard to refrain fom the "shit on akpm thang" but it's the posts like the one above that really push my buttons------you only sound like you know what your talking about, cause everyone else is atleast 2,200 miles away---stick to your TR's (they really are getting better!,honest) and quit trying to add three cents to everybody else's two cents------

Nice!!! 3PIN
    ps. those monday afternoon B.C. ladies are fri night attractions at PJ's!!!
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

fuckin bitchin pics mang!!!! they remind me of my days in the AK and how i really need to get back up there!!!!
    Mom! The meatloaf! FUCK!.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali
    Akpm, I'm really am trying hard to refrain fom the "shit on akpm thang" but it's the posts like the one above that really push my buttons------you only sound like you know what your talking about, cause everyone else is atleast 2,200 miles away---stick to your TR's (they really are getting better!,honest) and quit trying to add three cents to everybody else's two cents------

Nice!!! 3PIN
    ps. those monday afternoon B.C. ladies are fri night attractions at PJ's!!!
    I'm pretty sure that was AKPM's internet sarcasm...
    Live To Ski!

That is A-mazing!!
    Pictures= HOT!!(and then some)
    "I just looked down to see if I was wearing my seatbelt, and I'm sitting at my desk in my room."
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/owencaprell/

Quote Originally Posted by bad_roo

This picture is really rather splendid.
    Ditto that...best shot in the whole lot, BFaA. Ultra kind angle and scope. Nice eye for the drama...and mondo sick terrain. Gotta git me somma thatums, soon. Some of those chutes are calling me, chanting a mantra with my unworthy name...

Calm down, go grab some tp...

peace,
    BS.

ps...where is the strobe and the numb hand?
    "There's a truth that sanity denies...." --Sprung Monkey

Glad you could make it up here Graham. It was a pleasure to have you guys.
    When you're feeling down, just remember: It's always darkest before it goes pitch .... fucking.... black.

I'm with Natty on this one, quietly chanting "april" in my head.

Great TR with AMAZING pics.

i have so much wood for this thread its retarded.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Graham - nice TR. i've only been to AK once. it was on a month long mountaineering trip back in '93 after graduating from college and it was absolutely amazing. your pics and TR are bringing back those memories and are making me itching to get up there again... this time for some skiing. time to start saving the $$$ for a trip like that.

btw, i am also glad you brought some pow back home with you. thanks mang, i needed that....

A run called the Sharkpit, one of our favorites. From the top to there was maybe 1/2 the run.
    Hmmmm...those tracks seem awfully familiar. That day was sick. It was a pleasure meeting you guys. Hopefully we'll make some tracks together in Tahoe soon.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Graham, nice to meet you guys. I probably was a bit quiet, but I was pretty convinced that the I was gonna puke from the Cat ride and felt like I was turning various shades of green as we sat there bumping our way down the track.

Great great pics, i haven't even begun to look at ours yet, but hopefully we have some that will do our trip justice as well.

Len

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey
    Dude aly is an anthill, it gets tracked out real fast, you want no people you should see ALpenglow and Eaglecrest, if its a powder day and you don't score fresh on your last line of the day something is seriously wrong

And I need a sled to get me back into turni some, shizzle!
    I know for a fact that that's no god damn lie. Aly gets tracked up in only a few hours; there simply isn't enough terrain. The only spots you can really get fresh lines after noon is on the High Traverse/Max's Mountain and if you duck the lines into the chutes (on days when they are closed but TNF is open).

Aplenglow is amazing on powder days. That's the place to hit after storms, if you don't want to drive all the way to Girdweed.

But this is besides the fact. The above pictures are simply amazing. That's the part of the Alaskan winter that I love.
    Last edited by AKBckntry; 03-22-2005 at 04:00 PM.
    -Thomas