Page 101 of 148 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3680
    Fuuuuuuuuck.....

Sorry bros

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

it was a good run fam

i don’t keep a loaded gun so i’m not freaking out too bad rn

i replied to the email revoking friendship

This explains where they got the money for the new logo.

Vibes y’all.

this will drive up the price
    of hookers in sandpoint ....

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

😂 So they drop the Powder Alliance because of crowds and now comes IKON 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by teledance View Post
     So they drop the Powder Alliance because of crowds and now comes IKON 藍
    They've not dropped the Powder Alliance and are finalizing their reciprocals with the other areas for the coming season. https://www.schweitzer.com/to-do/passholder-perks/

The Ikon pass is just another way of bringing even more people in. Not happy....

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    They've not dropped the Powder Alliance and are finalizing their reciprocals with the other areas for the coming season. https://www.schweitzer.com/to-do/passholder-perks/.
    Powder alliance was dropped last season, along with longstanding reciprocal benefits with most of the northwest, with the messaging that they were "prioritizing pass holders" from what I was told, but now it seems they were just positioning themselves to become ikonic? Not sure why those are mutually exclusive, but I'd sure as hell rather my home base be at a powder alliance mountain than an ikon^tm destination.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Powder alliance was dropped last season, along with longstanding reciprocal benefits with most of the northwest, with the messaging that they were "prioritizing pass holders" from what I was told, but now it seems they were just positioning themselves to become ikonic? Not sure why those are mutually exclusive, but I'd sure as hell rather my home base be at a powder alliance mountain than an ikon^tm destination.
    Yeah, you're right. I was thinking the reciprocals were the PA but they're not. I've never taken advantage of any of the PA or reciprocals so am vague on that. That said, the reciprocals are still in play in addition to the Ikon resorts so basically, it's come one, come all. After seeing/reading everything that's happened at Crystal with Alterra and their involvement with Ikon, I have fears of half of Seattle migrating to Schweitzer. It's been a bit of a shit show already and this will only add to it.

For $999 you get unlimited Schweitzer, and five days at Red, Alpental, Crystal, Bachelor, Big Sky and other Ikon resorts. For $799 you get unlimited Silver and 49. Ya, I think Schweitzer is going to be crowded next year.

This is making me consider dropping Schweitzer and migrating to 49N. I already have next year's Schweitzer pass so I'm kind of committed for next season but, if it's a shitshow, I may be moving on. 49 is only an hour from my house so it's convenient and maybe worth it just to avoid the crowds. Luckily, I'm retiring this summer so mid-week will likely become a thing for me.

On the upside, if we get a lot of Seattle migration, I can probably sell my condo at a handsome price so, there's that...

.... half of Seattle migrating to Schweitzer....
    i think thats the plan ....

mike tyson

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking the reciprocals were the PA but they're not. I've never taken advantage of any of the PA or reciprocals so am vague on that. That said, the reciprocals are still in play in addition to the Ikon resorts so basically, it's come one, come all. After seeing/reading everything that's happened at Crystal with Alterra and their involvement with Ikon, I have fears of half of Seattle migrating to Schweitzer. It's been a bit of a shit show already and this will only add to it.
    I think Schweitzer dropped Powder Alliance because Silver/49N joined.

I'm excited about 5 days at Revelstoke to compliment the other Canadian Resorts we already have with our passes. Likewise, you can now ski at both Bridger and Big Sky for free. The pass is a hell of a deal at $999 honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if people from outside the area buy it rather than another Ikon destination.

The crowding on mountain could be bad though. If Schweitzer adds more lifts and parking sooner rather than later they might be able to manage it, but bets are off if they don't. They need to continue the aggressive thinning/glading of the mountain to spread people out. And it wouldn't hurt to boot the Cat Op and put at least one lift back there. I believe they own 12,000 acres, so if they were to expand inside that footprint (in addition to a lift on the BLM land in the basin north of Big Blue) I think it would still be a similar skiing experience.

I think the more detrimental impact to Schweitzer (and the other local areas) will be the 10,000 homes being built in the Rathdrum Prairie, and the general rapid unchecked growth of the area in general. That and the thousands of condo units planned for full build out at Schweitzer. The zone where the current "high point" mountain bike trail resides is slated for a lift and a ton of condos and houses.

Ikon will play a part, but there are a ton of different pressures that will all create the "Seattle Ski Experience" + "Vail" in the Inland NW.

Also, as a recent transplant, I am part of the problem. If you have a suggestion of the next "last best place" for me to ruin, please let me know and I'll move there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    ....the next "last best place" ....
    The Valley of the Striped Snakes

mike tyson

apparently changing the logo to a dollar sign was a sign
    a little birdy told me that this is all about real estate, the skiing is just an amenity told help sell condos, the place between the alley and gateway is available for 8m
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Quote Originally Posted by b0ardski View Post
    welcome to Vail Resorts Sir,
    what time would you and the missus like your wake-up call in the morning?

mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I think Schweitzer dropped Powder Alliance because Silver/49N joined.

I'm excited about 5 days at Revelstoke to compliment the other Canadian Resorts we already have with our passes. Likewise, you can now ski at both Bridger and Big Sky for free. The pass is a hell of a deal at $999 honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if people from outside the area buy it rather than another Ikon destination.

The crowding on mountain could be bad though. If Schweitzer adds more lifts and parking sooner rather than later they might be able to manage it, but bets are off if they don't. They need to continue the aggressive thinning/glading of the mountain to spread people out. And it wouldn't hurt to boot the Cat Op and put at least one lift back there. I believe they own 12,000 acres, so if they were to expand inside that footprint (in addition to a lift on the BLM land in the basin north of Big Blue) I think it would still be a similar skiing experience.

I think the more detrimental impact to Schweitzer (and the other local areas) will be the 10,000 homes being built in the Rathdrum Prairie, and the general rapid unchecked growth of the area in general. That and the thousands of condo units planned for full build out at Schweitzer. The zone where the current "high point" mountain bike trail resides is slated for a lift and a ton of condos and houses.

Ikon will play a part, but there are a ton of different pressures that will all create the "Seattle Ski Experience" + "Vail" in the Inland NW.

Also, as a recent transplant, I am part of the problem. If you have a suggestion of the next "last best place" for me to ruin, please let me know and I'll move there.
    Silver picked up the PA after Schweitzer dropped it.

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    welcome to Vail Resorts Sir,
    what time would you and the missus like your wake-up call in the morning?

in time to catch one of the many shuttles from the Q-lot
    embrace the gape
    and believe

,,,more people requires more parking which requires more shuttles which requires more minimumwageslaves for company that can't keep enough of them around to man the lifts they've got since they can't afford to live here
    embrace the gape
    and believe

,,,more people requires more parking which requires more shuttles which requires more minimumwageslaves for company that can't keep enough of them around to man the lifts they've got since they can't afford to live here
    Actually, the shuttle drivers probably don't do that badly. When I've ridden the local one, everyone tipped. Lifties and other minimum wage (Idaho minimum, at that) workers there don't get tips.

apparently changing the logo to a dollar sign was a sign
    a little birdy told me that this is all about real estate, the skiing is just an amenity told help sell condos, the place between the alley and gateway is available for 8m
    $8m sounds like a great deal!

i was down at mickduff's beer hall a few weeks ago
    throwin' some cornholio and binge drinking
    the bar tender mentioned she couldnt afford to rent in SP
    and she made mad tips ....

mike tyson

The west I knew is lost...
    and she made mad tips ....

and she made mad tips
    she's making 3.35 an hour before those tips my dude

it's not rocket science why service workers in Idaho are broke af

Actually, the shuttle drivers probably don't do that badly. When I've ridden the local one, everyone tipped. Lifties and other minimum wage (Idaho minimum, at that) workers there don't get tips.
    If they'd made an easy way to do it I would have happily tipped the lifties this year. That was a lot of rainy days with the covidiots.

Smart of the foggy basin to wait until next year to bless the local tourism industry and share our mountain with as many like-minded folks as possible: 204" of La Nina's finest slush didn't really present the uphill runout skates in a way that sells condos.

But that new copy writer job--that's one of those "work from anywhere" gigs, right?