Page 122 of 148 FirstFirst ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3689
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Holy shit, Spokane is off the chain right now!

Attachment 432908
    Attachment 432909
    Attachment 432910
    Attachment 432911

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Killin me. You guys are crushing it over there. I gotta find some turns soon!

Quote Originally Posted by kinkilla View Post
    Going to be driving from Bend to Salmon to visit a friend and will have skis in the car. Any good quick hit tour spots to do solo on that drive?
    Lookout pass is easy access right off the freeway. Ski area runs might be in good shape. On the north side of the freeway on the same exit is a pretty popular low angle area locally known as “training grounds”. Not sure what the coverage is up there but it’s a good spot for a quick tour.

Lookout is the loooong way to Salmon from bend. I’m not familiar with skiing opportunities along your normal route from Bend, kinkilla. It might be a spot something along the drive and get you skin on. No real passes are crossed unfortunately. Good luck man.

Thanks guys. Kinda figured with not seeing anything obvious on the way. I'm open to a little detour but I think Lookout is way too far for me

Galena Summit,
    "bout 60 miles N of Picabo

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

or Pomerelle
    ' bout 40 miles S of Burley

mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by kinkilla View Post
    Thanks guys. Kinda figured with not seeing anything obvious on the way. I'm open to a little detour but I think Lookout is way too far for me
    Most of the people who post here are in North Idaho/NE Washington, which is quite a ways from Salmon/Stanley. You might hit up the Sun Valley thread as those folks would have a better idea about conditions. Salmon is more "Central" Idaho.

That said, based on my limited knowledge from a few trips in the area:

Are you taking highway 75 through Stanley? If so, lots of skiing options off that highway when you're west of town + past Stanley towards (not sure how much snow there is) Galena summit. Galena Summit is high elevation and lots of grassy areas if the snow depth is low. Look at maps, but it's pretty mind blowing how much ski terrain is up there. Obviously its early season so that will limit options.

Otherwise if you're in Salmon, Lost Trail Pass isn't too far of a drive. The Nuking in Missoula thread would probably be a good resource for beta there.

Thanks all! Hope you get the snow up there! I'm hoping to make it back to Schweitzer/Silver/49N this winter if I can swing it.

22" on Galena this AM. Still early - be safe!

CK

Looks like Lookout will be spinning Chair 1 and 4 this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmiepoison View Post
    Looks like Lookout will be spinning Chair 1 and 4 this weekend.
    Already have plans Saturday but might go Sunday depending on Saturday reports.

she bangs ....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4415.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	947.2 KB 
ID:	433525
    mike tyson

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

I’m back on TGR and had a great day at 49n. Getting excited for this upcoming season.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR ForumsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1668216779.742327.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	216.3 KB 
ID:	433539

Holy shit, Jackass North was so good!! Found full runs of boot top pow today at 2pm and closed the hill down. Tomorrow should offer plenty more goods!

Name:	IMG_9678.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	235.6 KB 
ID:	433700

Name:	IMG_9666.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	242.0 KB 
ID:	433701

Name:	IMG_9729.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	157.3 KB 
ID:	433702

Hells yes!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Holy shit, Jackass North was so good!! Found full runs of boot top pow today at 2pm and closed the hill down. Tomorrow should offer plenty more goods!

Amazing way to start the lift served season! Had to keep reminding myself that it’s early November. More of the same tomorrow!!

Rolled incognibro up to 49 today for some first turns of the season. Was greeted with sun, fog pockets, firm chalk, some soft spots and loose shrapnel. SkiLyft had the fam and the wee one out for a rip. Bumped into Bourbonisgood and a host of other Silver miscreants.
    Met and ski’d with Jimmiepoison, super fun dude and a ripper. Can’t wait to shred some more this winter dude!
    Great day all and all!
    Yours truly, Bourbonisgood and a non mag ripper chica.

Name:	Image1668391266.325542.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	387.9 KB 
ID:	433851

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Rolled incognibro up to 49 today for some first turns of the season. Was greeted with sun, fog pockets, firm chalk, some soft spots and loose shrapnel. SkiLyft had the fam and the wee one out for a rip. Bumped into Bourbonisgood and a host of other Silver miscreants.
    Met and ski’d with Jimmiepoison, super fun dude and a ripper. Can’t wait to shred some more this winter dude!
    Great day all and all!

Hells yeah brother!! Good vibes up there for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Great day all and all!

Great to finally meet you guys in person. My daughter ended up coming back out in the afternoon so I missed the post lunch laps, but look forward to seeing you up at Silver this winter! Good to be on snow this early in November.

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    Most of the people who post here are in North Idaho/NE Washington, which is quite a ways from Salmon/Stanley. You might hit up the Sun Valley thread as those folks would have a better idea about conditions. Salmon is more "Central" Idaho.

That said, based on my limited knowledge from a few trips in the area:

Are you taking highway 75 through Stanley? If so, lots of skiing options off that highway when you're west of town + past Stanley towards (not sure how much snow there is) Galena summit. Galena Summit is high elevation and lots of grassy areas if the snow depth is low. Look at maps, but it's pretty mind blowing how much ski terrain is up there. Obviously its early season so that will limit options.

Otherwise if you're in Salmon, Lost Trail Pass isn't too far of a drive. The Nuking in Missoula thread would probably be a good resource for beta there.
    If I were going Bend to Salmon, I'd plan my route around either Mores Creek Summit or Banner Summit (they're both on the same route, just pick where you want to ski). Probably more snow at Banner. Galena is also an option if you're going I84 and then Ketchum up. There's people skiing all of those options now. With the high pressure we've got, the mellow solo roadside type stuff will have tracks but still decent solo skiing. I haven't been out yet so no first hand knowledge but second hand there are turns to be had. Snow starting this weekend or early next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

On that route also: Tollgate, OR's Spout Springs should be begging for some skin traffic. And a TR so we can all sit back and ponder how we'd make a go of small ski area ownership. Again.

Byates, if you hit silver Sunday shoot me a pm. I may be enticed to roll up. Pretty limited terrain right meow.

Didn't end up taking the skis out of the car, but the skiing on Galena looked pretty solid. Was running short on time. I'll have to skin around Spout Springs sometime if I'm ever back that way.

Silver makes sense for me Sunday on i90 Sat evening. Word!

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Silver makes sense for me Sunday on i90 Sat evening. Word!
    Sweet!