Page 123 of 148 FirstFirst ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3690
    I should be up there too, looking at forecasts to see what makes mo betta sense sat or sun

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

have fun boys and girls ....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2845.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	435346
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Skied 49 Degrees North today. Fresh turns to be had all day, some wind effect, some creamy pow, no lineups, and $49 for the ticket. Pretty sweet.

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

Looked at Spokane cams this afternoon and saw bluebird + fresh cord to the top.

Jetted up for a quick lap - hot damn that was fun! Great coverage and super edgy with the new snow!

Nice and cool up there!

Name:	IMG_0317.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	435560

Felt like Hoth at times

Name:	IMG_0319.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	435561

Popped over the hill for a stunning view

Name:	IMG_0338.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	435562

Fkna

Name:	IMG_0341.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	435563

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Looked at Spokane cams this afternoon and saw bluebird + fresh cord to the top.

Jetted up for a quick lap - hot damn that was fun! Great coverage and super edgy with the new snow!

Nice and cool up there!

Name:	IMG_0317.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	435560

Felt like Hoth at times

Name:	IMG_0319.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	435561

Popped over the hill for a stunning view

Name:	IMG_0338.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	435562

Fkna

Name:	IMG_0341.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	435563

Git some!

Well done.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

was going to hit silver tomorrow, but wind-hold potentially. near moses lake now, will hit mission ridge tomorrow and take the scenic way to bham,

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    was going to hit silver tomorrow, but wind-hold potentially. near moses lake now, will hit mission ridge tomorrow and take the scenic way to bham,
    Pretty good insight on Silver. Holds are almost guaranteed with wind forecast of 70mph tomorrow. Mission was fun yesterday with the inversion in full effect. Was 47 degrees at the base resulting in fast slush skiing in November if that’s a thing. Bring your rock skis!

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    Pretty good insight on Silver. Holds are almost guaranteed with wind forecast of 70mph tomorrow. Mission was fun yesterday with the inversion in full effect. Was 47 degrees at the base resulting in fast slush skiing in November if that’s a thing. Bring your rock skis!
    I thought the texture was more like shave ice, not slush. I harmed no rocks. I’m working today and it looks like it will be better

Enjoy the wind if you’re headed to Mission today

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I thought the texture was more like shave ice, not slush. I harmed no rocks. I’m working today and it looks like it will be better

Yeah I guess that’s a good description of the conditions. Fun either way. No rocks hit here either… but I did see not one but two snowboarders with destroyed edges on what looked to be brand new boards

Skied silver Friday and Saturday. Saturday was really good with the 7” new over night. Early season conditions exist but didn’t hit anything due to knowing where to ski.
    Skied Lookout Sunday with SkiLyft due to silver not spinning because of high wind forecast. What a killer day. Fresh pow turns to be had, soft conditions a plenty. Sun came out making for a killer day!
    Big system rolling in this week should set us up nicely by the weekend.

Name:	Image1669592245.113743.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	435650

Name:	IMG_0380.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	308.5 KB 
ID:	435651

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    Yeah I guess that’s a good description of the conditions. Fun either way. No rocks hit here either… but I did see not one but two snowboarders with destroyed edges on what looked to be brand new boards
    They were probably shredding pow ducking ropes. Thursday might be pretty decent, I heard today was good given the limited terrain, wind buff.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Skied silver Friday and Saturday. Saturday was really good with the 7” new over night. Early season conditions exist but didn’t hit anything due to knowing where to ski.
    Skied Lookout Sunday with SkiLyft due to silver not spinning because of high wind forecast. What a killer day. Fresh pow turns to be had, soft conditions a plenty. Sun came out making for a killer day!
    Big system rolling in this week should set us up nicely by the weekend.

Name:	Image1669592245.113743.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	435650

Name:	IMG_0380.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	308.5 KB 
ID:	435651

You boys are so cute!

BVC

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You boys are so cute!

Just upping our dress game now that we exclusively ski on Travertine marble skis.

B roll footy. Good to be sitting on chairs and drinking beers in ski boots with ya @2funky!

Name:	IMG_0368.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	435670
    Wild weather cycles today

Name:	IMG_0369.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	210.3 KB 
ID:	435671

Last edited by SkiLyft; 11-27-2022 at 09:18 PM.

Took the kids to 49 today. Good first day of the season. Snow was softish and we got to check out a new spot. Almost went to lookout but I have to study for finals. Too long of a drive. Next time. I gotta fight with lookout about their college pass age cutoff. Just because I’m over 35 doesn’t mean I’m not a student!!
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Took the kids to 49 today. Good first day of the season. Snow was softish and we got to check out a new spot. Almost went to lookout but I have to study for finals. Too long of a drive. Next time. I gotta fight with lookout about their college pass age cutoff. Just because I’m over 35 doesn’t mean I’m not a student!!
    Heck yeah, glad you got up today bud!

I'm copying this onto both the PNW and and the Inland PNW thread, bad manners I suspect

I'm flying into Boise on Dec. 10 (sat) and out on the 15. Along with a Monarch season pass I got the Indy pass again this year, love the variety and I've always loved "small" hills anyway. Stoked about what these storm cycles are laying down and that long term forecasts look like low temperatures may linger and help hold onto it.

There are three directions I can jump from Boise, I'm excited about them all. One is powder mountain and Beaver Mountain, but Powder mountains policies for Indy reservations are full of catch 22s for someone who plans on the fly according to storm totals. So the other dynamic duos are MT. Hood Meadows/White Pass and or Brundage/Tamarack. Have skied and loved MH and WP, never been to Brundage.

Questions are thoughts on how those two directions compare, may just have to choose one pair and include a half day at Bogus on one of my flying days.

Also, I'm particularly wondering if White Pass (Brundage and Tamarack too) will even be open those early/mid December weekdays. And I have no idea which of these 4 is the most aggressive about getting available terrain open; don't want to get stuck on the wrong side of an A-Basin/Loveland see-saw where they have exactly the same conditions but one (LL) shows no commitment to getting high terrain and chairs open

Well that's a lot, thanks PNWMags
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post
    I'm copying this onto both the PNW and and the Inland PNW thread, bad manners I suspect

I'm flying into Boise on Dec. 10 (sat) and out on the 15. Along with a Monarch season pass I got the Indy pass again this year, love the variety and I've always loved "small" hills anyway. Stoked about what these storm cycles are laying down and that long term forecasts look like low temperatures may linger and help hold onto it.

There are three directions I can jump from Boise, I'm excited about them all. One is powder mountain and Beaver Mountain, but Powder mountains policies for Indy reservations are full of catch 22s for someone who plans on the fly according to storm totals. So the other dynamic duos are MT. Hood Meadows/White Pass and or Brundage/Tamarack. Have skied and loved MH and WP, never been to Brundage.

Questions are thoughts on how those two directions compare, may just have to choose one pair and include a half day at Bogus on one of my flying days.

Also, I'm particularly wondering if White Pass (Brundage and Tamarack too) will even be open those early/mid December weekdays. And I have no idea which of these 4 is the most aggressive about getting available terrain open; don't want to get stuck on the wrong side of an A-Basin/Loveland see-saw where they have exactly the same conditions but one (LL) shows no commitment to getting high terrain and chairs open

Well that's a lot, thanks PNWMags
    I live in Boise and got a Bogus pass, so I'm down to shred with a mag, PM to set something up.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    BVC

big viking cocks?

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Tagged my first turns today on a tour up Mt Spo. It was….not good.

1” dusting on top of a breakable crust on top of 6” heavy mank. Survival skiing the bottom half to Lodge 1.

but it was skiing and it’s November.

Hahaha, you skied the wrong aspect @falcon3. They ran a groomer down the front face down to lodge 2 fast and smooth baby!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Hahaha, you skied the wrong aspect @falcon3. They ran a groomer down the front face down to lodge 2 fast and smooth baby!

Well shit, I was wondering why there wasn’t a groomer yet. Might head back up there Wednesday and check out the L2 side

Wednesday looks deep, not sure there will be a bad way down! I’ll be up there in the AM at 7:30 if you’re keen. Text me if ya wanna join for a lap.