embrace the gape
    and believe

I have some Schweitzer tickets I’ll sell for 40 a piece. Pm if interested

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenai View Post
    I have some Schweitzer tickets I’ll sell for 40 a piece. Pm if interested
    done deal, thnx mang
    embrace the gape
    and believe

49N was crusty yesterday. Made 3 runs and left. Going to Mt. Spokane today. Hopefully it doesn’t rain too hard.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    49N was crusty yesterday. Made 3 runs and left. Going to Mt. Spokane today. Hopefully it doesn’t rain too hard.

I skinned Mt. Spokane yesterday and, as it's been the last four weeks, it was really, really hard. Good luck with today, I'd head to Schweitzer if I were you. They're still cold with cold snow and lots of it.

after a season of rumors and obvious stand-still, 49N finally announced construction of the condo community
    at the bottom of sunrise basin is on hold: the construction company has declared bankruptcy .......

the dominant story in the grapevine is that the septic drain field didnt pass code, both sides filed lawsuits,
    deadlines were passed, contracts breached and individual investors began pulling out;
    no mention of that in the media reports.
    49N boldly states the project will continue ........
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

sad, you gotta have something to sell before you sell it, should have started with the base lodge and thrown some money at the grooming and maybe try raking the ramps once or twice a day
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Bonus Rumor: last week, elders from the Kalispel Tribe and their legal team were
    up on the mountain, looking around;
    guess whats downstream of that defective septic drain field ..........

The Kan was fun today celebrating a buddy’s birthday. It was snowing when we left... I wonder if it’ll stay cold tonight?

Last pow day of the year at Silver? No one skiing today, just a bunch of people sitting in the lodge with laptops and fancy skis.

If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'd head for Wardner. Dozen or less tracks out on the traverse.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot View Post
    after a season of rumors and obvious stand-still, 49N finally announced construction of the condo community
    at the bottom of sunrise basin is on hold: the construction company has declared bankruptcy .......

the dominant story in the grapevine is that the septic drain field didnt pass code, both sides filed lawsuits,
    deadlines were passed, contracts breached and individual investors began pulling out;
    no mention of that in the media reports.
    49N boldly states the project will continue ........
    Rumor is the construction company was well in the black when it was sold to a guy who basically looted it, then declared bankruptcy.

When I first skied there in fall of 2007, they had posters and plot maps in the bar promoting the new development. They all came down after the 2008 crash. Then in 2013 they announced a new lodge on Silver Ridge, only to cancel it a year later.

It’s been a long road; I thought that they might make it work this time, but nope.

Quote Originally Posted by spknmike View Post
    Last pow day of the year at Silver? No one skiing today, just a bunch of people sitting in the lodge with laptops and fancy skis.

If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'd head for Wardner. Dozen or less tracks out on the traverse.
    Calling for 7” overnight tonight so today was not the last one! I’ll be there possibly tomorrow, might hit Schweitzer though.

They need to “give away” few condos for dirt cheap and build a solid community before attracting rich fair weather skiers to pay for over priced condos. Once few more rich people buy in, then they can start building lodges...

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

^^^ Without at least a restaurant/bar/something to do after the lifts stop, nobody is gonna buy a condo there. At least Schweitzer has some nightlife, and summer biking; 49N does nothing in the summer, and the only bar is nowhere near the proposed condos.

That’s why they need to “give away” condos to get people there first. People first before any entertainment establishment. Why bars and restaurants do happy hour? If there are no people, others don’t feel like coming or staying there. People will buy a condos if it was less than $50k even if there are nothing else to do but ski 4 months out of 12. Sell 50 units first year, then they can build a lodge to entertain them next year. It will snowball afterwards.

im new around here, so, cant offer any historical insights. However,
    49N seems destined to remain a family-oriented mountain, thats how
    management markets it ....... the condo community plan was trying to
    entice financially stable geezers and nouveau-rich away from buying in sandpoint;
    bring the whole clan up to ski, spend the holidays;
    maybe a place to get a way from the kids someday;
    very few houses for sale up on Kinisku and Crest Loop Rds.
    the target audience never was 30-somethings who needed
    nightlife or summer diversions .........

a condo for less than $50K?
    can you even build a condo for less than $50k?
    Last edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot; 04-05-2018 at 09:49 PM.

No but it’s an “investment” for people and community. It actually makes more sense to build a cheap apartment. Catch is that they have to live full time at least during ski season. Without population and some community, nobody else wants to move into the area. Maybe in 20 years, they can tear down that apartment and build something else but they need people!

FOMO is a strong feeling. Can it be triggered for 49N? Doubt it(at least not in this decade and the next one, we're not that desperate to develop every base area in the west into real estate yet)... The mountain would be selling a few 50k condos and end up in the red imo.

condo schmondo
    49*'s refrozen crap softened into creamed corn happiness friday afternoon, chair 4 was going off with maybe 10 people lapping it
    embrace the gape
    and believe

49N served up tastey creamed cheese on toast for the AM;
    chowder and mash for the afternoon;
    the highlight of my season was meeting Mr. and Mrs. b0ardski
    and those deep days;
    see me skinning up Huck Ridge until
    the Columbia comes back up ...........

Silver delivered about 12” of higher density pow. Made for some great high speed surfing. Mobbed around with bourbonisgood until he bailed around noon. Made a few more laps until I was just soaked. Snowed all day. Visibility was better than expected. Perfect day for their last 7 day a week operations. Hopefully we can go into a corn cycle for the next couple of weekends.

2 Funny visibility was ok to where's the ground, still a great morning of skiing, after which I was soaked.

Huh, we had great vis. Didn’t go to chair 4 so maybe that was the difference. Chair 4 fogs in. Didn’t need to since nobody was skiing NF glades but us.

First run was NFG then Ch 4, Hercules without tracks, frozen moguls, & no vis wasn't the greatest but Moonshine, Bootlegger, & the traverse all delivered.

Schweitzer forecast for tonight and tomorrow:

Tonight - Snow, mainly after 11pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 26. Southeast wind 7 to 9 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Thursday - Snow, mainly before 11am. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 30. West wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...8#.Ws5X9S7waUn

Great way to finish out the season of lift-served.