Page 24 of 148 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    my knees got cold with all the waves of snow, pretty light for us, face shots galore
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Schweitzer reported 4 overnight. More like 8 up top. What was killer, though was back country. We did two runs in Larch Park and I had mid thigh blower, Utah snow. It was incredible! Tomorrow's not looking bad but high winds are predicted. We'll give it a shot and see what we get.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Schweitzer reported 4 overnight. More like 8 up top. What was killer, though was back country. We did two runs in Larch Park and I had mid thigh blower, Utah snow. It was incredible! Tomorrow's not looking bad but high winds are predicted. We'll give it a shot and see what we get.
    If ya see me up there tmrw hmu! Brown coat, brown helmet, bright yellow 509 goggles and I'll be on my sfb sticks

Make money. Buy toys.

Look for the Explosiv Wizards at schweitz tomorrow

I'll make it easy: green Freeride Systems coat and PURPLE pants. Heh.

Schweitzer gonna even pop today? Silver on wind hold until noon. Tomorrow gonna be sick.

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

Rolled to Schweitzer with mooseknuckles this afternoon. Was greeted with people leaving the mountain, strong winds and hammering snow. The skiing was nice and soft and fast. The snow just kept piling up. The last 3 runs of the day were silly deep and smooth. We scored last chair and had an amazing day ending run. Still hammering when we left .
    Headed to Silver tomorrow for what should be a huge day with it only open for half day it's been nuking up there all day.

I might go to lookout pass tomorrow.

I completely understand about not wanting to drive through that mess. That pants looks perfect for hiking and hiking season is far away so I’m not in any hurry. I’ll catch you at Alpental at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Schweitzer was alright. I think I just need to ski that area with someone who knows what they are doing. Everywhere I went it was skied hard and it was hard to find decent pow. Off the t bar was pretty sick though and snow under the triple was fast and surfy.
    Not to be a complainer but I can't stand the lines at Schweitzer and how busy it is. Only upside to Schweitzer seems to be terrain and steepness.

Also didn't do the demo snevas. They had a sign that said I'd you fuck up the top sheet because you ski with your skis close together then you have to pay for damages. I decided that I'm too broke for that kind of bullshit

Make money. Buy toys.

That sucks--I was loving the snow everywhere I went today and mostly skied onto lifts. I think it took about an hour for the storm to totally cover my tracks in a couple places. I would have been happy to show you around or suggest some runs but never spotted you.

Now I'm going to take one for the team and miss two weeks traveling. Should be awesome until at least the 10th is my prediction. Get some!

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    That sucks--I was loving the snow everywhere I went today and mostly skied onto lifts. I think it took about an hour for the storm to totally cover my tracks in a couple places. I would have been happy to show you around or suggest some runs but never spotted you.

Now I'm going to take one for the team and miss two weeks traveling. Should be awesome until at least the 10th is my prediction. Get some!
    Atta boy! It was my turn last week and set y'all up for some epic pow over President's weekend. Now maybe I can get a reset to take advantage of?

Yesterday was decent skiing in the right spots but we kept trickling down to Stella, which did end up having some longish lines. I typically try to avoid that area after about 10:15 but with Snowghost down and Sunnyside on wind-hold all day, we were somewhat limited on what we could do for finding good snow without the lines. I only skied until 11:30 then had to leave so probably missed some good afternoon skiing, although Sunday afternoons tend to be a little crowded due to Sunday Solution lift pricing.

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bdog325 View Post
    Schweitzer was alright. I think I just need to ski that area with someone who knows what they are doing. Everywhere I went it was skied hard and it was hard to find decent pow. Off the t bar was pretty sick though and snow under the triple was fast and surfy.
    Not to be a complainer but I can't stand the lines at Schweitzer and how busy it is. Only upside to Schweitzer seems to be terrain and steepness.

Also didn't do the demo snevas. They had a sign that said I'd you fuck up the top sheet because you ski with your skis close together then you have to pay for damages. I decided that I'm too broke for that kind of bullshit

Make money. Buy toys.
    That sucks. The only time we stood in line was on Stella but we only took one back there since snow ghost is down. The front side was wind loading real well. Skied 22k of vert in 3.5 hrs as it seemed everyone left. Tons of cars coming down the mountain on our way up.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    That sucks. The only time we stood in line was on Stella but we only took one back there since snow ghost is down. The front side was wind loading real well. Skied 22k of vert in 3.5 hrs as it seemed everyone left. Tons of cars coming down the mountain on our way up.
    Right under the triple was prime from windloading but you couldn't see shit due to the fog at the top. We skied from opening till like 3 or 3:30 before we. Left

Make money. Buy toys.

What is Sunday solution pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    What is Sunday solution pricing?

$30 purchased online for skiing from 12:30 til closing.

That’s not bad... pretty good for bringing friends/girlfriend and mess around.

I spent $10 for two days I rode at Schweitzer this season, so you know I’m looking for a deal.

Damn did silver deliver today!!

If anyone is in need of some major gaper entertainment this weekend, I'll be taking my homemade death trap mono board up to silver to try to get a few turns in on the bunny hill

Make money. Buy toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdog325 View Post
    If anyone is in need of some major gaper entertainment this weekend, I'll be taking my homemade death trap mono board up to silver to try to get a few turns in on the bunny hill

Make money. Buy toys.
    Based on the previous thread you linked, that sounds like it could be a really bad idea. Did you mount this yourself? I could see a binding coming off and twisting your other, still connected leg off. But, whatever...carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Based on the previous thread you linked, that sounds like it could be a really bad idea. Did you mount this yourself? I could see a binding coming off and twisting your other, still connected leg off. But, whatever...carry on!
    If you read the linked thread, I've had plenty of people tell my that. It's tnutted so the chance of a binding ripping out should be much less. Hopefully...

Make money. Buy toys.

$5 lift ticket at Silver this Sunday with your “local area” passes and an ID. 4 cans of food for a lift ticket at lookout this Friday. 49n is free with Toyota. Lots of cheap sliding going on this weekend.

^ AKA, complete shit show weekend. Glad I'm headed to montucky.

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    $5 lift ticket at Silver this Sunday with your “local area” passes and an ID. 4 cans of food for a lift ticket at lookout this Friday. 49n is free with Toyota. Lots of cheap sliding going on this weekend.

See you at Boyd hill? Thinking Friday Saturday but might just be Saturday..

Yeah I’m thinking the same too. Maybe Friday but Saturday for sure. I have to work this weekend so that sucks but looks like there will be lots of snow.