Page 60 of 148 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3690
    Fuck fuck fuck. That truly sucks. Condolences to family and friends. RIP

Fuck me. Just got back into service to read the update. RIP snow rider... heavy heart...

Quote Originally Posted by 1080Rider View Post
    This is crazy! I've skied there nearly 20 years and have never heard of an avy, not small or big. It is unreal that it slid and buried people today! I used to beep when I skied wardner or the meadows, I'll probably resume that practice!

I'm glad everyone was found safe and sound, I can't imagine how terrifying that was!!!
    I have seen that exact zone release, nothing big but still slide. Had P2 slide as well as i was traversing across the top on a big day. Came into snake pit, straight lined the top and made one big turn in the bottom only to come back and see that it had slid. Scared the shit out of me. If someone else or myself put more turns on it, it would have broke on them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I have seen that exact zone release, nothing big but still slide. Had P2 slide as well as i was traversing across the top on a big day. Came into snake pit, straight lined the top and made one big turn in the bottom only to come back and see that it had slid. Scared the shit out of me. If someone else or myself put more turns on it, it would have broke on them.
    Yikes! I've been amazed I've never seen a slide there. The amount of big dumps we've had over the years seems like it could have happened more often. I've always had a creepy feeling on the traverse out to the meadows when right under wardner. Someone making cuts above you just seems like it all could come down on you.

This is a shitty happening, people are very close in the silver valley and at silver, this is going to hurt a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubmpdx View Post
    Fuck. I have a good friend up there I haven't heard from since he got first gondi up this am....
    how's your friend?

vibes to family and friends of our lost comrade

RUMOR has it that the dogs from the narth slope ventured south and this is not over. Fingers crossed for a miscommunication!

Damn. RIP
    Vibes to the valley and beyond

Yeah my buddy riding with me knew pretty much all involved. Locals who skis there and Mt Spokane all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Buddy of mine was caught and out into trees. Got pulled out. Jesus. I have, too, always been sketched by that traverse.

Buddy said he dropped and his friend cut into glade and the face slid.

Looked large.

RIP

Fuck. I have a good friend up there I haven't heard from since he got first gondi up this am. This is terrible news.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Any news man?

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    how's your friend?

vibes to family and friends of our lost comrade

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Any news man?
    Said he just missed it. Skied out and it cleared up a little and they saw that it slid. Talking to him more tonight to get more details. I have a hard time understanding why it was open given the avy report.

He is on this forum from time to time. I think he said he rode a chair with you, 2funky last weekend. He has some 189 Billy Goats, black and green arcteryx outfit.

I might start riding with a beacon in there on big dump days.

Man, sorry to hear this. RIP. First hike to I took the wife on was out there with sunshine & 6'' fluff. Vibes to the valley.

Said he just missed it. Skied out and it cleared up a little and they saw that it slid. Talking to him more tonight to get more details. I have a hard time understanding why it was open given the avy report.

He is on this forum from time to time. I think he said he rode a chair with you, 2funky last weekend. He has some 189 Billy Goats, black and green arcteryx outfit.

I might start riding with a beacon in there on big dump days.

That’s great news man. Doesn’t ring a bell.
    I try to roll full kit on big days. Beeping at a minimum.
    If you’re up on the weekend let me know, tell your buddy to say hey if he sees me. I’ll spin some laps with you guys.

Vibes to the silver valley, such a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Training carts are for jongs. I remember back when this forum had legit bull-fighters and not a bunch of posers.

Vibes and condolences to those involved.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Damn, sorry to hear. I missed the update and thought all four were good

RIP- sucks to lose one. Bad day to ski Wardner. Sorry for the soul that won't make it home. Hug your loved ones tonight, and think about the first responders too. Fatality responses are no fun.

I was standing at the mid-point on Chair 4 having just skied below the avy path on my last run, dude shows up and tells patrol he saw 2 people taken down by an avy, then two snowboarders come by and say they kicked off another one a couple runs over from there. Probably over 3 feet of fresh on the ground.

With a very heavy heart i hear the search is over. Not before pulling one more from the debris. My heart aches for their loved ones. A lone tear rolls down my cheek. Solemn day.
    RIP snow riders, RIP....

Fuck, that sucks.

Ah.

Fuck.

What a sad day for the Inland NW! Major vibes to all those involved and affected by this. RIP!

Much love to the first responders. I only wish that rumor had been just a rumor, truly unfortunate. My heart aches for those who did not make it home tonight. I am thankful for those who are still with us. The pain in their voice is crippling. No doubt a community has been effected.

Sorry to hear this.

embrace the gape
    and believe