Page 134 of 148 FirstFirst ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 3689
    Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    That was me. Props to getting out there though! Hoping you used a sled? You’ll be shocked how easily accessible it is here in a couple weeks.
    Sled would have been sweet. We were all human powered. I am not in that kind of shape after sitting in a library getting fat for 6 months.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Bluewood had nice snow today. It rained Sunday/Monday down low but snowed some more and the trees were soft up high and the groomers were very nice. First time there, the tree skiing on a powder day would be crazy good.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    I think I saw you…. So you just carry your backpack in front/ next to you? I have been using the chest harness and been carrying my baby on my chest.

Yeah, once they get bigger the chest harness is harder due to weight distribution.

When she is in the backpack I can swing them over to the side/wear it on front for the lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by jables View Post
    Awesome! I was playing in the snow with my 2yo when you guys were gearing up. It was my turn to hang with the baby while my groms and wife were out skiing.

Congrats to all!
    I almost said something, your ski journal hat was a tip to you being a mag! What a day out there, that snow was !

Hit up Toyota day at Spokane. Hilarious as they weren’t scanning tickets at lodge 1 so it turned into free ski day for everyone!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9F441EFD-92AA-4FD4-AB49-69EA389402D9.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	310.0 KB 
ID:	452299

Mama found her gas pedal

Name:	CF894B6D-C4FA-41B7-AD0A-BC58239ED101.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	537.9 KB 
ID:	452301

Hard not to smile

Name:	1E2F0540-A9F2-4F5B-8B22-091B66158423.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	513.0 KB 
ID:	452302

Stunner of a day skiing corn

Name:	89F6A44E-18F8-43D6-8101-CD9B4B44205D.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	386.7 KB 
ID:	452303

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post

I almost said something, your ski journal hat was a tip to you being a mag! What a day out there, that snow was !

Oh yeah, Ski Journal hat buys some cred I guess. Hehe.

Snow was killer. Our first time here. Found some great snow all week on limited time between toddler duty and skiing with the kids. Silver impressed. Last day skiing tomorrow then back to the southeast.

I’ll be up testing some Heritage Lab R99 Comp, aka jerry killers tomorrow. Hope there is some vis.

I’ll be up testing some Heritage Lab R99 Comp, aka jerry killers tomorrow. Hope there is some vis.

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

edits
    Last edited by shroom; 03-18-2023 at 08:55 PM. Reason: edits

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post

prob up midday to say hi

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    prob up midday to say hi
    I’ll be up late morning as well. Let’s take some laps!

Where in southeast? Anyway we are also planning on going to silver today. Possibly introducing my baby girl to skiing with a leash and edgy wedgy.

Where in southeast? Anyway we are also planning on going to silver today. Possibly introducing my baby girl to skiing with a leash and edgy wedgy.

Have fun on the carpet, I put a bid in to ski this AM only to be shot down in favor of the park! Alas I shall bike this afternoon.

That was a terrible idea. My girl was done after driving and the gondola ride. She hated wearing gloves and helmet I put on her in the gondola as we stepped out and the biggest melt down happened when I put a leash on her. She continue to have a melt down till her brother and mom made a cycle. She took total of 5 magic carpet runs. I was exhausted! She was happy as can be when actually skiing and afterwards when we hit the water park. Everyone but me had a great time, so it was worth it.

Going back to silver again to ski with snoqpass.

That was a terrible idea. My girl was done after driving and the gondola ride. She hated wearing gloves and helmet I put on her in the gondola as we stepped out and the biggest melt down happened when I put a leash on her. She continue to have a melt down till her brother and mom made a cycle. She took total of 5 magic carpet runs. I was exhausted! She was happy as can be when actually skiing and afterwards when we hit the water park. Everyone but me had a great time, so it was worth it.

That’s a bummer man. Seriously though, leashes are for dogs and the side chick. The leash puts them in a weird spot on the skis anyhow. Just let them be free, ski backwards in front of them or between your legs if small enough. The early days can be exhausting but I just let them dictate the pace and when we break.
    What a day it was Sunday to take the new HL R99 Comps for a rip! Snow got perfectly soft to test them off piste as well as going mach schnell on the groomers laying trenches. Silver just doesn’t have enough vert on the groomers for that ski. Lol!

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

I’m no expert as we are in the midst of our first season but my girl is such a prepper… just give her a run down of what’s coming and she does much better. We practiced like 5-6 times skiing in the yard so she could get used to the whole get up before even attempting to go out.

How old is yours?

Frankly, she runs the day when we head to the hill. We focus on fun and what she wants to do.. I do not want to sour her on the joy of skiing!

We are opting for no leash or edgy wedgie as they can form bad habits… I’ll likely get a hockey stick to help slow her down once we are out running around the resort and off the carpet. But until then, skiing switch with careful attention.

Hockey stick ftw!

The southeast for us is Atlanta. Just boarded our flight home. Had a great week at Silver. Was very kid centric trip, which was good for us. I wish they offered longer lessons than 1.5 hour group or 1, 2 or 3 hour private. That is the only downside for families, IMO. We've sent our older two (now 6 & 7) to ski school half a dozen times at various mountains. A-Basin our favorite. We find our kids do well with a coach, and until we had the youngest in tow, gives mom and dad a chance to ski.

Just getting most kids into ski clothes, boots and helmet is a chore so as most will say, just try to make it as fun as possible. We break a lot and the kids almost always want to go back out on their terms. Silver offering $50 midweek adult tickets, with a free youth ticket, 6 & under free and 6&under ski rentals only $15 really takes the pressure out of the day.

All the people we encountered in the INW were super nice and pleasant. Thanks for the hospitality!

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Hockey stick ftw!
    Yeah, the hockey stick was a good addition. Only needed it for a couple weeks. Same with the edgy wedgy. Worked great to institute that proper feeling of edging. After that I just turned them loose. Man I sure miss those days.

Does anyone know 49n is doing free week this season? Trying to figure out how to end the season.

Free if you buy their pass now!

There’s an echo in here…..

I don’t like to pay for lift tickets.

I don’t like to pay for lift tickets.
    Shit, I don't mind paying. I just can't afford it. Better here than the westside though. Was $160 for a day pass last weekend at Crystal.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

I don’t think I have ever paid for a lift ticket at crystal. I do agree that it’s cheaper around here and that’s the reason why I decided to buy season pass at Mt Spokane instead of working but now that they have jacked up the price, I’m thinking about not buying it next year…

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    That’s a bummer man. Seriously though, leashes are for dogs and the side chick. The leash puts them in a weird spot on the skis anyhow. Just let them be free, ski backwards in front of them or between your legs if small enough. The early days can be exhausting but I just let them dictate the pace and when we break.
    What a day it was Sunday to take the new HL R99 Comps for a rip! Snow got perfectly soft to test them off piste as well as going mach schnell on the groomers laying trenches. Silver just doesn’t have enough vert on the groomers for that ski. Lol!

Still thinking about my couple of runs on those HL R99 Comps. Thanks for letting me take them for a spin. Been a long time since I’ve been on a ski that likes that much speed and I’ve never been on a ski that wide that skied like that. Man they were fun. And I agree on the vert. Felt like I was just getting them going when i had to shut it down for the lift!