Page 88 of 148 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 3692
    I hear the surface hoar is so deep that it’s starting to ski well. Hahaha!

#pittedinsurfacehoar

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Is there anything in Spokane that compares to DOMA in cda?
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    No. I mean maybe? But no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    DOMA in Post Falls is definitely the best. If Evans Bros opens their Spokane location again, it’ll be a close 2nd. Doma does free shipping over $25 so it’s a decent deal for great beans without driving to PF

Hope we get wind with the new snow so it knocks down the hoar layer that’s inches deep all over.
    thanks fellas

Deep surface hoar sounds enticing. Hopefully it skis as well as it sounds since I'll be skiing it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Relax, boys... this isn't unusual for this time of year. Give it a couple of weeks. February is typically a great snow month.
    As I noted a week ago, looks like our January Doldrums are starting to move out with a new storm track beginning to form. February is starting to look like it's going to shape up into some good storms cycling through. Bring it!

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/produc...nal.php?lead=1

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    As I noted a week ago, looks like our January Doldrums are starting to move out with a new storm track beginning to form. February is starting to look like it's going to shape up into some good storms cycling through. Bring it!

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/produc...nal.php?lead=1
    I’m feeling your optimism but Schw is touting the three month forecast. My experience, when straws are being reached for the situation isn’t good. I’m keeping my fingers crossed, but am tuning the bike today too.

Hope I’m fortunate enough to eat crow on this.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    I’m feeling your optimism but Schw is touting the three month forecast. My experience, when straws are being reached for the situation isn’t good. I’m keeping my fingers crossed, but am tuning the bike today too.

Hope I’m fortunate enough to eat crow on this.
    10 day forecast is looking pretty good. I don't know how much each day but, other than tomorrow, looks like precip every day.

1-2 inches of fresh and open slopes made for a good groomer afternoon. ski legs finally coming in. gonna pop on the mx99s tomorrow and see what happens.

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

Hey hey —

With the lack of snow I’ve been devoting my time to some conservation projects here in Spokane. We are hoping to save an 80 acre parcel currently owned by DNR to the north of Camp Sekani. We have agreements from Washington Trail Association and Evergreen East in place to manage the land and I’m working with Evergreen East to add easements to build a trail connecting it to Beacon/Sekani.

Please sign our petition if this resonates with you and share with kindred spirits!

Thanks!

https://www.change.org/SaveFancher

Done

sweet, Hillyard is a lot different than when lived there in the 70s, was just googling the old 'hood. beacon hill was my 1st ever solo summit at 12yrs old!

looks like Goldmember was right.
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Hey hey —

With the lack of snow I’ve been devoting my time to some conservation projects here in Spokane. We are hoping to save an 80 acre parcel currently owned by DNR to the north of Camp Sekani. We have agreements from Washington Trail Association and Evergreen East in place to manage the land and I’m working with Evergreen East to add easements to build a trail connecting it to Beacon/Sekani.

Please sign our petition if this resonates with you and share with kindred spirits!

Thanks!

https://www.change.org/SaveFancher

Done. Forwarded to other Spokanistaniz/northern Idahoean bikers

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Done
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by b0ardski View Post
    sweet, Hillyard is a lot different than when lived there in the 70s, was just googling the old 'hood. beacon hill was my 1st ever solo summit at 12yrs old!

looks like Goldmember was right.
    Looking good! We're going to need about a foot to heal the ice scarring but, it's definitely looking like we're in the SE AK storm track which usually delivers. I think things are looking promising for this weekend and next week. Keep worshiping ULLR and plea for the goods!

Yesterday's video from Panhandle Avalanche. 8" of rain crust with about 3-4" of new on top. As this builds up, there's a nasty surface bed for the new to slide off so, be very diligent in the back country. I'm planning to go out Saturday afternoon but also planning on low angle meadow skipping. It's going to take a bit to get consolidation.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=11...ideo&ref=notif

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

Hot damn check out this brand new IPAC vid from the backside of Schwiz. You can see the hollow BSH in the column and it’s hot.

https://fb.watch/3hw-nTStqu/

Touchy, play safe guys

This also from IPAC from this morning. Skier triggered loose-snow slide. Per Tom:

"We’re starting to see the problems arise with the crust/surface hoar problem. This is a skier triggered loose snow slide that went on the buried surface hoar- visible feathers still on the bed surface. This occurred mid slope where conditions have been protected from what wind we’ve received."

With the new snow we're receiving and will receive, this will be a tricky situation for awhile. Be careful.

That video from Schwizz' backside is both crazy and totally expected. Seems like northerly aspects may stay very reactive for a while. I haven't been too excited to get out on the boilerplate, but every northerly aspect I've checked lately has hung onto a really slick and hard top surface, even as some south-facing have gotten noticeably chalkier.
    Last edited by jono; 01-28-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Seems like things were set up nicely for a good day, today. Looking at Schweitzer's pics on FB, I missed a good one. Well, hope tomorrow brings more of the same and we keep getting it. For those of you who got it, congrats!

Got a sobering helmet reminder this week. My son was skiing with some buddies at Lookout, crashed off a jump and hit his head on the hardpack. Split his helmet and got a concussion, but had he not been wearing a helmet we’d probably be in a much more grim situation. Thankful he was wearing his helmet that day!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6364.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	360294

how old is your son?

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

and how is he?

mike tyson

Jackass North skied pretty good in most places today. Hit and miss on the recycled snow but supergoats slayed!! Ooof that raincrust is thick and we are fucked until another 2ft comes!

Seems they resorted to old habits as there was nowhere near the snow they reported!

Nonetheless @Bourbon and I had fun!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2696.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	216.7 KB 
ID:	360374

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    and how is he?

He’s 16 and still a little loopy from the concussion, but other than that ok. You’re invincible when you’re 16 right!? 🤪 Gonna try to keep him off the slopes this weekend and go get him a new helmet.

yesterday's trenches at el 49 Norte filled in a bit overnight ....
    we got tired of IFR and spent the afternoon
    mobbing Green chair and the terrain park

mike tyson