Page 32 of 148 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by teledance View Post
    The skiing is free on Sat why hike? Probably going to Thompson Pass early Sunday for the BC skiing if you're interested.
    Yea i saw that on the local forum as well, probably going there sunday too. I'll probably end up taking a few laps on Saturday @ Lookout and then do one regis lap in the afternoon if we breakout of the clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    Yea i saw that on the local forum as well, probably going there sunday too. I'll probably end up taking a few laps on Saturday @ Lookout and then do one regis lap in the afternoon if we breakout of the clouds.
    I hit East Ridge around 10:15 last Sunday last 3 turns we're slow motion goo skiing and last 30' to chair 1 we're miserable, some random skier thought he'd cut me off and almost went down in the sticky goo. The point being if you're going to hike do it early or avoid southern aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by teledance View Post
    I hit East Ridge around 10:15 last Sunday last 3 turns we're slow motion goo skiing and last 30' to chair 1 we're miserable, some random skier thought he'd cut me off and almost went down in the sticky goo. The point being if you're going to hike do it early or avoid southern aspects.
    Yes, go early. I went up Mt. Spokane yesterday, leaving the parking lot at 7:15. The upclimb was sketchy; wind-blown scalloped snow that was hard as rock, patches of glare ice (interesting, not a lot of fun), but warming up by the time I got to the top. First quarter of the way down was smooth, firm but edgeable, middle half was decent corn, bottom quarter was getting gooey already. I finished around 8:15 and it was well on its way to being slop.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Yes, go early. I went up Mt. Spokane yesterday, leaving the parking lot at 7:15. The upclimb was sketchy; wind-blown scalloped snow that was hard as rock, patches of glare ice (interesting, not a lot of fun), but warming up by the time I got to the top. First quarter of the way down was smooth, firm but edgeable, middle half was decent corn, bottom quarter was getting gooey already. I finished around 8:15 and it was well on its way to being slop.
    That glare ice was interesting in the blizzard on Tuesday. Cold dry powder turns though.

Uphill ski day tomorrow at lodge 1 of Mt Spokane. 7am on. Try to set a PR for vert or just skin a lap and meet other people that like to ski tour.

You guys carved the place up! There were still a few spots to ski without crossing tracks but not many. I knew that was the day to be there but, work gets in the way. Wednesday was probably still good but again....

I saw that about Saturday's event. Other plans, though. Hope the weather holds out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by spknmike View Post
    That glare ice was interesting in the blizzard on Tuesday. Cold dry powder turns though.

Uphill ski day tomorrow at lodge 1 of Mt Spokane. 7am on. Try to set a PR for vert or just skin a lap and meet other people that like to ski tour.
    BTW, nice shots on FB from Sundance Mtn. When was that, Wednesday? Looked awesome! You should put up a trip report here.

That was Thursday on Sundance Mt, surprised to find dry powder this late in April at 6k.

We snowmobiled up from Coolin (first couple miles had dirt everytime we switched back to the South aspect, but overall decent mid elevation snowpack!). Toured around the first 3 bowls East of the lookout. Tons of terrain to play in on that ridgeline:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4028 3.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	233114

Name:	IMG_3948 2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	233115

Name:	IMG_4217 3.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	233116

Name:	IMG_4109 3.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	233117

Wow - forum software sure is awesome at auto-orienting photos. Not smart enough to read the EXIF tag eh?

More (correctly oriented) photos on that local touring site.

Luckily, I can turn my phone upside down.

Yeah, that's actually way less annoying than 90 degrees off and the endless re-orienting. Looks great Mike!

Skipped lookout free day in favor of record store day...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

cold cream cheese late AM at 49N
    leftovers from the mon/tue storm,
    gettin' sloppy by 4P;
    a few snowmachiners
    beautiful day .......

sad to see a road-kill moose @ mile 8,
    not many up there .......
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

The Schwizz was surprisingly decent mid-afternoon as well. Much evidence of a nice freeze overnight despite slightly elevated temps on the snotel. Nice snow particularly on upper north and northeast aspects--dry, soft and edgable. Record season would have hit 450 but #Schweitzerclosesearly

Silver going one more Saturday, Apr 28. (and Memorial Day weekend if snow lasts)

Yeah, I'm close to calling it a season. I'm on the mountain bike, now and the golf clubs are finding their way out of the garage. Plus, I'm pretty sure my neighbors hate me since I haven't done anything in the yard yet. Mt. Spokane tomorrow morning for a hike then I think that's it. It's been a good year, though!

South faces on schnauzer are nice corn and even the north remains skiable.

Silver is open this Saturday, confirmed.

Any discount?

Adults $44.95 with all chairs open. $29.95 if you show your pass from another mountain.

They are doing pre-sale tickets at a lower price, full price bought Sat.

So I looked on their website but I don’t see anything about $29.95 or presale discount price... where is the info?

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    So I looked on their website but I don’t see anything about $29.95 or presale discount price... where is the info?

Name:	IMG_1342.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	233760
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Heh....the guy in the picture is my buddy Robert. He and I have skied a bunch together doing video and photography sessions. Good dude...

Haha thanks snoqpass, no wonder why you get paid for what you do!

I guess it’ll be weather dependent... some rain is ok but if it’s pouring down, I’ll just go home after work and sleep.

SpknMike - I saw your picture from that day in this morning's paper. You're famous!

I think I’m going to silver tomorrow... hopefully it won’t rain hard.