Page 9 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Yeah, my buddy said it’s not bad, but still need to be careful.

Btw, ever hike up there in the summer? Good way to scout lines for rocks, etc. Silver Ridge is pretty much rock free.
    Yeah, Silver ridge is the only run I have good confidence skiing in super low tide conditions, it's pretty well manicured

49 is definitely opening on Friday but I'm sure it's limited. Really not a great amount of new snow in the forecast for later this week so, could be really limited.

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    How about lookout and silver mountain, are they decent options? I know that Schweitzer is really expensive and also flat. I think there might be a better resort in Canada that's just over a border and longer drive.
    People who ski Lookout affectionately refer to that place as "LooksSoPowdery". Everyone else calls it "LooksSoFlat".

Personally, I love it there. They get the best snow in the region and its super fun in the trees, pretty flat otherwise, north side is a little steeper, but it takes a lot of snow to work (i.e. stumps).

Any mags headed to Lookout this weekend? A small contingency of us Central Wa types are headed your way for some Saturday flat groomer stump busting.

49N opener: piste on top skied nice, a little choppy at the bottom.
    off piste was shaggier than your mom's vag .........
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

Leavenworth skier, kai_ski and NW_skier rolled into my place Friday night to organize an assault on Lookout pass Saturday. Once we had a plan in place from the help of some good whiskey and picking up some ideas from watching Numinous, we contacted mooseknuckles and explained the mission, he exclaimed, "In, brah". Saturday morning we loaded up the battle wagons at 0730 with appropriate tools for the job ranging in waist sizes from 73 all the way up 128, even had a (gasp) snowboard , you just never know.
    Upon arrival we evaluated the target and decided to storm the face and conquer the objective. We left no survivors. Mission accomplished.

Yeah, we had fucking fun!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Yeah, we had fucking fun!
    Right on!

conditions musta been better than 49N to bust out the volkls
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Action shots courtesy of Lookout pass ski resort.

WE'RE FAMOUS!!

In order of appearance:
    2funky
    NW_SKIER
    Kai_ski
    Leavenworthskier
    Mooseknuckles

Heck of a fun day out there with you fellows!

Why to hit it fellas. I gotta hit Lookout Pass someday. Looks like a fun hill.

Anybody know whether RV/campers can park overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    Why to hit it fellas. I gotta hit Lookout Pass someday. Looks like a fun hill.

Anybody know whether RV/campers can park overnight?
    It's great. Nothing radgnar but also some good pitches of skiing. Plus it's cheap and has an awesome relaxed fun vibe. Looks like good touring across the street too.

The expansion they are planning in the next few years is going to open up some amazing skiing both inbounds and backcountry.

Camper parking is in the far end of the lot a few feet from the lift. Free, no hookups.

For last nights Can't Wait To Ski Party my Bella was wearing her Lookout Pass bandana.
    Yes, they were Very helpful with parking my rig for the night.

I am hoping to do another WA road trip this year. This time I have my passport so will definitely visit Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Camper parking is in the far end of the lot a few feet from the lift. Free, no hookups.
    Thanks. We're planning a couple camper trips in Jan/Feb to hit small inland PNW areas, e.g., Bluewood, 49N, Lookout Pass, Anthony Lakes, Spout Springs. (I've hit all of them except Lookout. All would be new for Honey.) We did a quick hike over and around Lookout Pass ski area this summer while passing through. Looks like a nice little area.

ETA: I'm also hoping to slay the Badger this season. Keep me in the loop re any mag meetups at Badger.

Thanks. We're planning a couple camper trips in Jan/Feb to hit small inland PNW areas, e.g., Bluewood, 49N, Lookout Pass, Anthony Lakes, Spout Springs. (I've hit all of them except Lookout. All would be new for Honey.) We did a quick hike over Lookout Pass this summer while passing through. Looks like a nice little area.

ETA: I'm also hoping to slay the Badger this season. Keep me in the loop re any mag meetups at Badger.
    Bluewood and 49n are on my list this year. My mission pass has reciprocal benefits with those hills (as well as Lookout) so it makes it easy to go ski there. Not that bad of a drive from central Wa either.

Honored to part of the Lookout Pass facebag famous krew. Great day gents!

Action shots courtesy of Lookout pass ski resort.

Inquiring minds want to know, out of that group of rippers who was the best skier on the mountain?

Thanks. We're planning a couple camper trips in Jan/Feb to hit small inland PNW areas, e.g., Bluewood, 49N, Lookout Pass, Anthony Lakes, Spout Springs. (I've hit all of them except Lookout. All would be new for Honey.) We did a quick hike over and around Lookout Pass ski area this summer while passing through. Looks like a nice little area.

Don't drive by Silver Mountain, Steve. Super sleeper with great terrain and vibe. Free camping in the lot. No hookups though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know, out of that group of rippers who was the best skier on the mountain?
    Mooseknuckles

Don't forget Mt. Spokane

Night skiing there on a fat pow night is silly phun!

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Honored to part of the Lookout Pass facebag famous krew. Great day gents!
    Nice to get to slide with you a bit more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Don't drive by Silver Mountain, Steve. Super sleeper with great terrain and vibe. Free camping in the lot. No hookups though.
    We got a glimpse of it on the drive down, I think it looks pretty fun.
    Mooseknuckles
    Haha, this. Was about to respond the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Don't forget Mt. Spokane
    Is it fun too?

Mooseknuckles
    Yep

Don't drive by Silver Mountain, Steve. Super sleeper with great terrain and vibe. Free camping in the lot.
    I've skied Silver a few times, although it's been a few years. RV parking in the lot in town near the gondola?

Norse, I have also skied Mt. Spokane. Very nice hill indeed -- when it's not foggy (which can be said for most PNW inland areas)

LVS, it's pretty fun though real small. Night skiing in pow is the best time to hit it in my opinion.