Page 75 of 148 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 3689
    Awesome TAFKALVS!

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    good decision to keep Jackass North closed this weekend,
    a bit shaggy....

.Attachment 349294

pray for snow

You think they’ll be able to open anything this weekend? Friday is supposed to be opening day, but it doesn’t seem like they got a lot of snow this week.

i noticed they rolled back that friday opener to saturday

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

i noticed they rolled back that friday opener to saturday

Just saw this. I was planning on going up Friday, but at least they are still opening this weekend!

serving Bailey shots with
    Wrecking Ball backs
    49N main lot
    0800 ....

mike tyson

Well shit... another great silver opening!!

1.5-2’ of nice dense creamy pow depending on where you were.

Rollovers lower down were pretty thin but otherwise the day was pretty damn mediocre!

Center punched chair line first run — oh baby!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1598.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	350186

Tall Paul trees had great coverage

Name:	IMG_1603.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	350187

Name:	IMG_1604.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	201.4 KB 
ID:	350188

Name:	IMG_1605.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	350189

All of chair 2 was “open”

Name:	IMG_1609.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	350190

Good to see these gates after last years fiasco!

Name:	IMG_1611.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	246.2 KB 
ID:	350191

Bugged out around 10:30, the combo of more shit getting uncovered and the silver valley jong show started to make me a bit more uncomfortable; that and the runs early in the day were pretty dreamy; so wanted to end on that note!

As we get more snow I think things will really be game on!

There were signs to mask up; but no staff was reminding people and inside the lodge seemed about 50% of people were adhering to the request... I hope people get with it before something worse happens. But honestly I was not surprised given; well, Idaho.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

Hell yeah, broseph! You snaked my line!
    Makes me proud and glad you were the one to get it!

.Name:  pjtr1.jpeg
Views: 523
Size:  52.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post

Looks more like " than ', but fun nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Hell yeah, broseph! You snaked my line!
    Makes me proud and glad you were the one to get it!
    Your stoke was missed!! Now get that damn boot blown out!

Yeah creamy soft snow where deeper, rocks where thinner... fun day, but yeah about half of people wearing masks in the lift line. I was able to ride solo or share a chair with someone wearing a mask but I can imagine how busy powder day will look... if they are going to force people to share chair on busy days, hopefully they will enforce mask rule.

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    ....about half of people wearing masks in the lift line....
    same in the gondola?

mike tyson

same in the gondola?

~75% were wearing them in the dola line I was single so rode the gondy alone.

As I was heading home chatted with one of the guys who was “enforcing” the masking; mentioned my concerns and just echoed that people need to take it seriously or the state could just shut it all down! He mentioned he would share my thoughts with his superiors.

He mentioned he would share my thoughts with his superiors.

That's quite a contrast with the message being put out at the northern basin. Interesting times.

*Redacted.
    I can’t wait to ski. Hoping after some more coverage I’ll get out. Keep the stoke coming until I can provide some, it was going so well in here, alas...

Well shit... another great silver opening!!

Rollovers lower down were pretty thin but otherwise the day was pretty damn mediocre!

Center punched chair line first run — oh baby!!

Name:	IMG_1598.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	350186

Tall Paul trees had great coverage

Name:	IMG_1603.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	350187

Name:	IMG_1604.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	201.4 KB 
ID:	350188

Name:	IMG_1605.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	350189

All of chair 2 was “open”

Name:	IMG_1609.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	350190

Good to see these gates after last years fiasco!

Name:	IMG_1611.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	246.2 KB 
ID:	350191

Bugged out around 10:30, the combo of more shit getting uncovered and the silver valley jong show started to make me a bit more uncomfortable; that and the runs early in the day were pretty dreamy; so wanted to end on that note!

As we get more snow I think things will really be game on!

There were signs to mask up; but no staff was reminding people and inside the lodge seemed about 50% of people were adhering to the request... I hope people get with it before something worse happens. But honestly I was not surprised given; well, Idaho.

Yeah, I stayed till about 3pm and coverage got pretty sketchy later on as things got packed down. Both my son and I found significant rocks lurking just below the surface and now will require P-Tex to repair core shots to both of our skis. Earlier though there were some great turns to be had. For the sake of my skis I really hope we get some more snow soon! Overall though, fun opening day.

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

I clocked over 10k vert in the West Willow area this week, it’s a luge run getting out of the lower basin, but the top sections are skiing great.

Name:	IMG_2003.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	219.4 KB 
ID:	350469Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2008.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	235.8 KB 
ID:	350470

Wow, nice looking area.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I clocked over 10k vert in the West Willow area this week, it’s a luge run getting out of the lower basin, but the top sections are skiing great.

Name:	IMG_2003.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	219.4 KB 
ID:	350469Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2008.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	235.8 KB 
ID:	350470
    Nice! That's a nice drainage that really serves up some great skiing!

Seems like the folks at Schweitzer are doing their best with the mask situation. Or trying to.

Good afternoon Schweitzer Family,

Here we are in December, with a couple of weeks of operation under our belts. We're making progress as we adapt to the Governor's roll back to stage 2 and the Panhandle Health District mask mandate, but we still have work to do. I'm sure you're aware that the pandemic has become somewhat of a political issue locally. The Panhandle Health District mandated mask wearing throughout the 5 northern counties of Idaho "when social distancing of 6' cannot be maintained." I believe that the length of a ski provides fore/aft distance and the setup of "ghost lanes" in our lift staging areas provides lateral distancing. In an effort to step up our game, we stated that masks are required in our lift lines, we created a narrow point of entry with appropriate signage and we staffed these areas with our executive team till mid-day on the weekends. Additionally, we have our mountain host team working the lift lines in an effort to remind everyone of our expectations.

After all of the work we have put in to be proactive in support of the PHD mandate, certain portions of our community have not shown the same support. The local Bonner County Commissioners entertained a proclamation to defund the Health District and repeal the district wide mask mandate. The Bonner County Sheriff also made a public statement that he and his department would not enforce the mask mandate. The conflicting messages in our community create challenges for us and we can only do so much to get everyone on the same page in order to keep our operation going all winter long.

As we continue to voice our position, a reminder to mask up from everyone would be helpful. I was out on Sunday and felt as though 90% of our guests were masked up when I was in the lift line, a huge improvement from opening weekend. That being said, we don't have enough staff to be in all places at all times. It's unrealistic to staff every bathroom, every lift line and every indoor space to remind guests to mask up. If we cannot get this under control, I'm willing to shut down the entire operation until we're able to open additional lifts and terrain.

Personally I've fielded a variety of comments related to our current Covid operational processes - some are angry that we would even consider enforcing mask wearing while others believe that we've done very little enforcement. It's obvious we can't make everyone happy with our Covid response. Although we passed our deadline to roll season passes forward on November 15, 2020, I am willing to offer anyone an opportunity to reconsider if they choose. Bottom line - if you're uncomfortable with our current process, procedures, and expectations relative to Covid, I would be more than happy to roll your season pass to next year as long as you do so by Friday, December 11, 2020. The decision is yours.

We'll continue to do what we can and hope that all of you will be proactive and encourage everyone to cover up. Just ask them, "do you want to be the reason we can't ski/ride all season?" Like seatbelts, or taking your shoes off when you enter someone's home, it's a simple request.

Skiing and snowboarding are not essential functions during this pandemic but we understand the importance of having some normalcy in these unprecedented times. We need everyone to do their part. Hopefully we can all slow the spread and continue to shred.

Be kind. Be compassionate. Have patience.

Tom Chasse
    President/CEO
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

now that's^ class.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Slow Clap — what a letter!!

Yeah, Tom's a good guy and is doing a great job in managing a nearly unmanageable situation. Still, there are some on FB who are degrading his efforts. Fine, don't like it, don't go. Get your refund and get on with your lives. I'm heading up Friday night to ski half-day on Saturday just to get some miles in. I'm interested to see how this whole thing is going to work.

People are so weird. A buddy of mine (cancer survivor with a compromised immune system) refused to ride a chair with two boarders refusing to wear masks. They called him a racist. His response: "I didn't realize snowboarders were a different race.". Clowns.

defund the health district?
    holy shit ....

mike tyson

defund the health district?
    holy shit ....

The amount of ignorance from our community is insane. I work in and out of peoples homes and the “all wise and knowing” yokels are livid if I wear a mask to the point I have stopped doing so unless asked upon arrival. Never did it cross my mind it would be so offensive to attempt to care for others.