Size:	164.9 KB 
ID:	153353
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1395883358.274792.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	227.4 KB 
ID:	153354

Keeping it real in the INW...

Sent a couple PM's but thought this might reach a couple more people.

Kinda last minute but I'm headed to Whitefish tomorrow night, going with pops so it'll be all resort skiing, anybody have a line on cheap(er) tickets they'd be willing to share?

If anybody needs any boot fitting Pat S is in town for the weekend and has his tools. PM me...
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

I hesitate to even use the term "free beer" on TGR due to possible ramifications, however against my best judgement I am advertising just that. We are having our customer appreciation party tonight at the Spokane Alpine Haus from 6:30 - 11:00. We'll have beverages, snacks, raffle prizes, ski stories and by far the lowest prices of the season on anything in the store. If you find yourself in the area stop by and say hi! 2925 S Regal

Schweitzer skied better than forecast today. Little sun, good temps for skinning, new snow and free entertainment. Props to Chiller for some strong work up top, launching and otherwise.

Name:	20140426_172040-2-1.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	154716

Yea that was fun! Good to meet you up there. After season pow turns are wonderful.

Is there any touring left to do around the Idaho City area, within reasonable distance for a day trip? I'm on a fire crew based in Idaho City this summer, I move into the dorms Friday and will be free for the weekend. The first three weeks are training, so there may be a couple more weekends I have free to get a few turns in. Thanks!

That sounds possible, but I'm nine or ten hours north of there so I'm not really sure. I knew sledders around there, but it's been years. Not many people reading this thread outside of Lincoln. You might search for a Boise, Bogus or Sun Valley thread for better luck.

Quote Originally Posted by claymond View Post
    Is there any touring left to do around the Idaho City area, within reasonable distance for a day trip? I'm on a fire crew based in Idaho City this summer, I move into the dorms Friday and will be free for the weekend. The first three weeks are training, so there may be a couple more weekends I have free to get a few turns in. Thanks!
    Snow bank is just south of cascade. The road to the pass opens Memorial Day weekend. Road tops out at 9500ish. Lots of terrain with easy access. Copper mountain is towards Stanley. Good touring in there. Pilots peak is pretty close to Idaho city

I wasn't really sure which thread would be the best to post in. Doesn't seem like theres many folks in that part of Idaho

Anyone still getting out there? Snowpack is several weeks better than last year at this time:

Hiked Wednesday. Smooth conditions. Probably an inch or so of new.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1399646220.959476.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	170.6 KB 
ID:	155182

Anybody know when the pass sales end for different areas around Spokane?

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    Anybody know when the pass sales end for different areas around Spokane?
    49N ends 10/15, if you believe their recent mailing. $399 now, $649 then.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    49N ends 10/15, if you believe their recent mailing. $399 now, $649 then.
    How about lookout and silver mountain, are they decent options? I know that Schweitzer is really expensive and also flat. I think there might be a better resort in Canada that's just over a border and longer drive.

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    How about lookout and silver mountain, are they decent options? I know that Schweitzer is really expensive and also flat. I think there might be a better resort in Canada that's just over a border and longer drive.
    Everything here is flat; Red Mountain is just over the border in BC, and is your best bet for steeps. Otherwise, get used to great tree skiing and high-speed cruisers.

Old thread, new question to the Spokane crowd. Could anyone accept a pair of skis from Norseman to hold for a few days until I am in town? He's rolling through Spokane and I may be able to pick them up on Wednesday. Pm me if you can help

resurrection ......... can i get an amen?
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

49N is threatening to open this friday, 11/10 .
    no details .......
    Chair 2 & 3?
    Chair 1, top o' the mountain down to mid-way,
    cat road to the lodge?
    we'll know more later ........
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

49N is notorious for lying on their website, so take it with a grain of salt. (Ask the locals how many marketing directors they’ve gone through in the last five years.) Then again, maybe the new guy is honest. Lol

I hope they open. I'm not going but more power to them.

I’ve got good friends in Chewelah who hike up there all the time; I’ll see what they say about conditions.

It's probably pretty thin. Looks like some higher density stuff coming in which is good.

Made 3 laps at 49 on Saturday with a group of 7 like minded individuals (Silver Ridge to king and queen). Great snow quality but not much of it. Didn't hit anything but mowed down grass/brush. Had a ton of fun but they really could use another foot before the limited opening.

To be fair, this was before the decent snow that fell Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday. It was nuking when we left at 2pm. So coverage now may be double what I skied...

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

Yeah, my buddy said it’s not bad, but still need to be careful.

Btw, ever hike up there in the summer? Good way to scout lines for rocks, etc. Silver Ridge is pretty much rock free.