Page 7 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Call Mountain Gear or REI and ask them. They may not do it but I would assume know where you can.

Thanks, It looks like they do it at The General Store on North Division.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Here is an inbounds video from last Friday. Schweitzer reported 1" of new but with the wind and cold temps Thursday night, it filled in nicely. There was a good foot of untracked fluff in R1 when we hit it first thing. Here's our day, very compressed.

Nice; gotta make it over there this spring. Jen rips! ;-)

Deep turns in St Regis Basin on Sunday. Had the entire basin to ourselves, kept to the trees. Nice skin highway up the ridge road now and ours meeting it from the bridge.

Kept it ultra local today, and explored some lines off Mica Peak (WA). Knee deep turns above 4k feet. Lots of road skiing down low. Home in 20 minutes from the truck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3116 1.JPG 
Views:	310 
Size:	804.9 KB 
ID:	151423

2/28/14 – Friday Mission Ridge mission. Got our Mission Ridge weekday passes that they are issuing for Snoq Gold passholders this season. Lined up and loaded chair #15 at a couple of minutes before 0900. Calm on the hill except for early AM along the top ridge. Weather was mostly cloudy with several sun breaks that got larger and sunnier as the day went on. Not very cold though, just below freezing. Spent the day in the west side Bomber cliffs pod and on the wide & groomed runs since that’s where the good carving snow was. Off piste was…crusty and crunchy, so was the eastern side of the hill. (Good for the racing teams though.) We even dropped down to the bottom runs Mimi, Bypass, and Summer Road for a warming break. Glad we went east, heard Crystal was socked in and crusty, and Snoq was fogged in when we drove over the pass in the morning. Fun, fun, fun was had by all. TomK & Kerry
    Good runs when you get them.

Quote Originally Posted by spknmike View Post
    Deep turns in St Regis Basin on Sunday. Had the entire basin to ourselves, kept to the trees. Nice skin highway up the ridge road now and ours meeting it from the bridge.

Kept it ultra local today, and explored some lines off Mica Peak (WA). Knee deep turns above 4k feet. Lots of road skiing down low. Home in 20 minutes from the truck.

Name:	IMG_3116 1.JPG 
Views:	310 
Size:	804.9 KB 
ID:	151423
    I've always wondered about skiing Mica, where did you start? signal point rd?

Good radar

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1393808033.192960.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	151774

BRUTAH getting some action at Willow today.

Name:	P3020017.JPG 
Views:	855 
Size:	241.7 KB 
ID:	151793

Name:	P3020010.JPG 
Views:	835 
Size:	200.7 KB 
ID:	151794

^^ you guys hit up the same area we were in last week?

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    ^^ you guys hit up the same area we were in last week?
    We put 2 down that side. Gained the ridge, skinned up to the highest spot and skied a north facing shot. Humped back over to the ridge and skied one out where you skied. All that and still back to the car by 1:30. Wish we always had the coverage at those lower elevations! Yo-yo'ing in the INW what?! I'd like to be up there today...Lookout is reporting 14"!

Rode a couple laps in devils creek down to 5400 range. Fun turns all the way. The 2 to 3 inches over the rain soaked fresh snow from last week road deep.

Today is a different beast, as if yesterday never happened

I see you've taken over the position of posting cryptic messages.

Apparently. I was crust stunned during the last post

3/13/14 – Thursday at Mission Ridge was a pretty good day by this season's standards. We got there for the morning line up, loading at 0850 under a high overcast that kept the snow from slushing out even though the temp rose to the mid-30s. We could see all of the surrounding mountains since the cloud deck just barely touched to peaks. Zoomed the great wide groomers at “fast enough to be fun” speeds all day since off-piste was hard set and unpleasant. The clouds started to break up about noon and we saw a full circle rainbow ring around the sun, so that was cool. Never a lift line since most folks on the hill were with the FIS race teams and they stuck to the chair 3 Toketie / Tillicum / Skookum courses, leaving the rest of the hill to us geezers. TomK & Kerry, and Bob Orange Boots.
    Good runs when you get them.

Toured the roman nose area today. Snow above 6k ft was amazing

Slightly off topic, but...

Spokane mags:

I won a certificate for a Motorcycle Safety Foundation Rider Training Course at Westside Motorsports in Spokane. It's worth $225; I'm never going to use it. Yours for beer money.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Slightly off topic, but...

Spokane mags:

I won a certificate for a Motorcycle Safety Foundation Rider Training Course at Westside Motorsports in Spokane. It's worth $225; I'm never going to use it. Yours for beer money.
    Killer Mag hookup! PM Sent

Cert is gone.

Touring out of Burke again last weekend:

Name:	jasonlaptwo.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	119.3 KB 
ID:	153291

Anyone find a good bootfitter locally yet? (or even slightly out of the area)

Pat S. says he is not long for JH (Earmuffs, TGR) and he sometimes visits his family here. If you're motivated, PM me, I can hook you up.

Nice pic. Solo?
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

What? He's outa there so quick?

Not yet, but not there forever...
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke of Hurl View Post
    Pat S. says he is not long for JH (Earmuffs, TGR) and he sometimes visits his family here. If you're motivated, PM me, I can hook you up.

Nice pic. Solo?
    As far as Pat rumors.. I've heard he's staying/he's coming back from a number of people. The man has generated quite the following up here! Seems business was good, his work was great.. wonder why he took off in the first place. (There's also a ton more competition for his trade in Jackson.) Anyways.. I'll let you know about getting ahold of him, hoping he might head back after Jackson's season wraps up. Going to see what work I can do on my own with a heatgun in the meantime.

Naw, three of us up to Burke. Would of been a pain to set that shot up solo, eh? More pics/vid

Waterfalls at Silver OB if you like to go big: (30+ ft drop, clean exit, hucked plenty by the locals)

Name:	IMG_3390.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	153338