Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I'm more of a lurker here, but it'd be rad if the local resorts would get behind the uphill skinning trend... Thanks for the template Brutah, I'm going to be sending my email along shortly. A local rando series would be awesome too... shit if east coast resorts can do it, why can't we get one going here?

A rotating rando event at each of the local five areas would be awesome. Build community and fitness!

Day 1 of Zbo's trek to MT was quite memorable

Quote Originally Posted by THE MAD SCIENTIST View Post
    I'm more of a lurker here, but it'd be rad if the local resorts would get behind the uphill skinning trend... Thanks for the template Brutah, I'm going to be sending my email along shortly. A local rando series would be awesome too... shit if east coast resorts can do it, why can't we get one going here?
    thanks dood! the more of us that send an email, the more attention they'll merit us!

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    Day 1 of Zbo's trek to MT was quite memorable

had two epic/amazing days shredding with kevino and my long lost buddy who lurks and sells stuff here. you guys rule. i can only imagine how fantastic today would have been. unreal conditions and coverage right now. as usual, no stopping for action shots. sometimes the action is right behind you.

day two was deep. kevino gets down in the fluff.

day one was pretty.

god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Glad you had a good time.

I returned to the spokompton hood this weekend to find some nice pow in the sunshine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1387770754.845987.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	147119

SHREDDIN IN THE INLAND PNW BACKCOUNTRY...

bumski

BRUTAH

i'll add some pit data even though cayuse complains that i never post stoke, just shit data that might save your life

new snow layer failed on the crust it sits on on an ECT 16, q3, without propagation through the column. despite the number seems to be well bonded to that crust, we saw no sloughing

65 cm down we had a failure at ECT 28, and the same layer failed on a CT26. Q1, propagated through column, and sheared cleanly.... skiers probably don't have to worry about it too much considering the depth, but I be concerned about this dragon if I was riding on a snow machine.

those were the two main concerns. that crust 65 cm down probably isn't asleep yet and should be in the back of any backcountry travelers minds.

good shreddin with ya'll bumski, kevino and the two ladies! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YA'LL!!! and PRAY 4 SNOW!

any elevation guesses as to when it goes to crap? or maybe it wasnt really doing what it felt like it was doing yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by chiller View Post
    any elevation guesses as to when it goes to crap? or maybe it wasnt really doing what it felt like it was doing yesterday...
    Lookout reported 5" of new so St. Regis might be good. Merry Christmas All!

rained on top of the kan, heard it rained at schweitzer... meh.

schweitzer ski'd way better than expected today. majority of the vertical was just fine and there was soft snow to be had on front and back. far from great, but i was expecting worse and was off piste all day. could definitely use a few feet to fill in the steeper areas east of 6 though, lots of treetops pokin' out.

yea looks like we dodge the bullet at schweitzer. rode off the back of the tripple to around 5500 and conditions were fun. wind packed but no hard crust

Silver and the slackcountry was powalicious all weekend, monday it dumped 7" in about 3hrs. then lightly snowed most of the day. Surprisingly low crowds for holiday weekend. Ski on all day with most people cruising the groomed runs, leaving tons of boot top to knee deep turns in the trees. Wardner popped and was sick.

Brutah and Kevino gettin' the goods in the Flathead Range 12/14.

Saint Regis Last weekend.

Stevens

Slope testers

More Flathead Range 11/14-15

Name:	IMG_6559.jpg 
Views:	3003 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	147231

Brutah shredding the trees.

Name:	IMG_6586.jpg 
Views:	2869 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	147230

Name:	IMG_6548.jpg 
Views:	3434 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	147232

Kevino

Name:	IMG_6525.jpg 
Views:	3191 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	147235

Name:	IMG_6547.jpg 
Views:	3226 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	147233

Name:	IMG_6529.jpg 
Views:	3205 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	147236

Name:	IMG_6634.jpg 
Views:	3279 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	147234

12/28 Lone Lake

Pit at 6800'. NW aspect, 42 degrees. Total Depth to ground 72. CT19 Q1 and ECTP21 Q1 on layer 20 cm from the ground.

This NE slope off Willow slid sometime before the 28th.

Name:	avy line.jpg 
Views:	2976 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	147482

Name:	avy line 2.jpg 
Views:	2956 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	147483

Looking NW from Stevens

Name:	IMG_6786.jpg 
Views:	2890 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	147484

Looking down to Lone Lake

Name:	IMG_6766.jpg 
Views:	2682 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	147486

Looking down at Upper and Lower Stevens Lakes

Name:	IMG_6764.jpg 
Views:	2688 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	147487

Stevens

Name:	IMG_6751.jpg 
Views:	2742 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	147488

Name:	IMG_6781.jpg 
Views:	2553 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	147489

Mt. Spokane Ski and Snowboard Park has a meeting setup for January 16th from 6-8pm at the Argonne Library 4322 N Argonne Rd. The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss issues related to uphill travel within the boundary of the Ski Area, and to seek input from user groups so a safe and enjoyable uphill policy can be established.
    Just looked over the draft plan.. basically they want to charge $40 for an uphill pass with heavy restrictions. Not exactly sure where the value is? Hope there's a good turn out for the meeting, spread the word.
    Last edited by spknmike; 12-30-2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by spknmike View Post
    Just looked over the draft plan.. basically they want to charge $40 for an uphill pass with heavy restrictions. Not exactly sure where the value is? Hope there's a good turn out for the meeting, spread the word.
    Just another one of the dozens of passes to buy and try to keep track of. One of the more stupid parts is they want to charge paid season pass holders an additional $20 to hike. WTF kind of sense does that make.

Silver was good today, the sidecountry was skiing well, still a little low in coverage though. Hit a shark and got slammed, oh well.

Schweiter was nice Monday too, I have no important beta other than to say it's worth skiing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander View Post
    Silver was good today, the sidecountry was skiing well, still a little low in coverage though. Hit a shark and got slammed, oh well.

Schweiter was nice Monday too, I have no important beta other than to say it's worth skiing right now.
    Agreed. Took the fam. to Silver, they turned me loose for a couple runs on Wardner. Soft n fast snow. Hucked the small spine area with nice big turns to the bottom. Fam. had a great day. Kids are progressing quickly. Silver has had great conditions so far.

Wish I would have caught the fucker that was trying to steal my skis. Left my skis on the snow outside of the brown bag room. Came out after lunch and found my skis slightly moved from where I left them, like only a foot or so. Thought nothing of it but went to click in and noticed my left toe binding elevation adjustment was backed out all the way and the toe wings were opened up all the way as well. Probably a good thing I did not catch him, would of stomped the fuckers face in. I serve no pity to thieves. Readjusted and rocked on.

Anybody been up to have a look at Sherman Pass this year? Thoughts?

Gotta like this forecast: Schweitzer expected to get 21" to 41" between now and Saturday evening. Looks like it's going to be pretty windy on the weekend, though so be careful out there. Lots of wind loading on an old surface with hoar. Bring it!

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...8#.Us19YNK1w6b

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Lots of wind loading on an old surface with hoar. Bring it!

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...8#.Us19YNK1w6b
    this will be interesting to say the least....

Quote Originally Posted by chiller View Post
    this will be interesting to say the least....
    No kidding... I might have to make the drive to the Schwiz.