Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
    new snow is filling in the trees and glades nicely at 49N.
    this AM was silky-smooth and fast!
    the chopped pow stayed light all day,
    the Brockens were fabulous!
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

How is the storm slab stability today? Is it improving, getting to double digit numbers on CTE's at least? I don't think Idaho panhandle will release a new report before tomorrow, and I don't want to drive 2 hours to lookout area only to find very sketchy snow...

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    How is the storm slab stability today? Is it improving, getting to double digit numbers on CTE's at least? I don't think Idaho panhandle will release a new report before tomorrow, and I don't want to drive 2 hours to lookout area only to find very sketchy snow...
    Toured north of Wallace yesterday. Raining at 3800í where we started climbing, turning to wet snow by 4500í. Dug a pit at 5800í on a SE aspect before topping out at 6600í. Lots of easy results on CT (storm slab from the previous 24-48hrs) but nothing propagated on the ECT. There is soooo much weight sitting on that thanksgiving crust and various buried SH layers that we kept it real mellow. Snow quality wasnít worth driving 2 hours IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    Toured north of Wallace yesterday. Raining at 3800’ where we started climbing, turning to wet snow by 4500’. Dug a pit at 5800’ on a SE aspect before topping out at 6600’. Lots of easy results on CT (storm slab from the previous 24-48hrs) but nothing propagated on the ECT. There is soooo much weight sitting on that thanksgiving crust and various buried SH layers that we kept it real mellow. Snow quality wasn’t worth driving 2 hours IMO.
    Burke? that's a fun and easy access place to ride. I was thinking off using lookout lifts to get me to above 5000' tomorrow, and probably riding something that's not your normal SE facing/steep regis line.

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    Burke? that's a fun and easy access place to ride. I was thinking off using lookout lifts to get me to above 5000' tomorrow, and probably riding something that's not your normal SE facing/steep regis line.
    Yeah we rode Burke. Lookout lift bump is a nice way to avoid the flat slog on the way out. Personally, Iím not super interested in being in st Regis, Stevens or copper lake basins when the avy danger is this high. Though there is obviously fun and safe mini golf terrain in each. Youíll definitely find fun, smooth turns if ya go, just donít expect blower

Well now it's supposed to be 40 degrees for the next 2 days and then turn into rain/snow then snow. Hoping for another pow day next weekend. Mlk is going to suck due to weather and people but hey, a day in the mountains is better than in town

Make money. Buy toys.

Out of Schweitzer gate, CTE 16 on Sunday. Still not trusting everything. Low angles yesterday, stopping above convexities and skinning back up. Experienced a moderate whumpf on the way up on last run. Snow was nice on NW aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Out of Schweitzer gate, CTE 16 on Sunday. Still not trusting everything. Low angles yesterday, stopping above convexities and skinning back up. Experienced a moderate whumpf on the way up on last run. Snow was nice on NW aspect.
    CTE was in the low 20's on ESE aspect at 6300' in Regis today, no propogation, we fucked up our column a little bit with ski brakes when cutting though. No signs of instability besides roller balls on east/south facing stuff, lots of sled tracks that seem at least a day, likely 2 days old. Unskiable easily breakable crust all the way down to the basin. Skinning up, we thought north facing might be better, so maybe copper basin is holding some good medium effort lines if somebody wants to get after it before the next storm rolls in.

Forecast is looking decent for the days leading up to Saturday according to the NOAA for Silver Mt. I'll probably head up for first chairs Saturday morning

Make money. Buy toys.