Page 11 of 148 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Skiing Schweitzer tomorrow. Trekking is fine inbounds but outside the gates is iffy. Only Musical and Basin Express are open.Triple opens on Sunday, probably.
    Last edited by GoldMember; 11-18-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Hit me up when you head to bluewood. Ill join you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app
    I get freebies there I think. I'm down.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    I get freebies there I think. I'm down.
    I'm down. Really want to ski all the inland nw hills I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Paterero tells me the touring isn't bad there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Skiing Schweitzer tomorrow. Trekking is fine inbounds but outside the gates is iffy. Only Musical and Basin Express are open.Triple opens on Sunday, probably.
    I really wanted to go but with only two, well really one chair, running, I know it's going to be a complete shit show with long lines. Report back man!

Quote Originally Posted by CelebratedSkier View Post
    Seconded. I remember the saying among locals use to be that the miners seemed to have taken every rock up there and placed them with the most jagged side up. It's not even thanksgiving. No new skis!
    Yep, it's absolutely horrible wth rocks at Silver and everyone should just go to Schweitzer.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Yep, it's absolutely horrible wth rocks at Silver and everyone should just go to Schweitzer.
    The rocks at silver are certainly worse than any of the other 4 local hills in early season conditions. At least that has always been my experience.

I prefer silver to lookout other than the early and late season skiing. It's rarely ever "busy." where lookout is. I just can't afford a season pass for Schweitzer this year. So hopefully next year

Quote Originally Posted by CelebratedSkier View Post
    The rocks at silver are certainly worse than any of the other 4 local hills in early season conditions. At least that has always been my experience.
    It's early season. All the resorts are going to be rocky in certain areas. Just have to know where to go and where not to. T2D2, SOB, Gem, Happy Jack and tall Paul will be rocky. Other spots, not so much. I'll leave the known rocky areas to others and will just cruise and poke around checking stuff out. I'll be on ProTest for max float then I'll probably switch to my Viciks once things get beat up.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Don't forget Sitzmark!

I really wanted to go but with only two, well really one chair, running, I know it's going to be a complete shit show with long lines. Report back man!
    Yep, total shit-show and yep, everyone just did go to Schweitzer. I was in the line-up at go time and it wasn't too bad but the line just kept getting longer and longer. I skied from just before 9:00 to about 10:15 and called it. The line was stupid long.

As for the skiing, it was pretty good but the terrain is so limited that it got boring pretty quickly. I skied one run on Headwall and just had to snake through the rock garden toward the bottom. Luckily, I didn't hit anything but it was pretty sketchy. There was about 8" of pow off-piste that was kind of fun but it got skied up fast. The skier's right in the Terrain Park was the best snow and was still relatively untracked on my last run. I was going to skin up to the top with a buddy but decided to just go home and go golfing. Glad I did, nice day in Spokane and I actually played pretty well.

It's going to piss rain Tue/Wed up there so we'll see what it looks like for next weekend when they reopen but, I'm not sure I'll be going back up until they get some snow. I think conditions are likely going to suck for the next ten days.

At least ya got out. Glad ya got some of the good stuff. The lines did look crazy in the cams. I just stayed home and did chores but I did make an amazing pot of chili.
    The weather forecast looks depressing for skiing turkey day weekend. That's a bummer for us and the resorts.

Yep, total shit-show...
    Glad to see your story confirms all the reports I received. I looked at the webcams around 10 and saw every chair loaded and knew I made the right call on staying away. Appreciate the update!

...........It's going to piss rain Tue/Wed up there ............ conditions are likely going to suck for the next ten days.
    FKNA
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Silver is off the chain today. Silly good.
    That is all.........

That is all.........
    Pics or it didn't happen.

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Didn't get anything worthy of posting. To busy hot lapping pow. No lines and fat pow, legz r dun. Didn't touch a single rock.

That is all.........
    Can confirm this. Best opener I can remember and didn't find any rocks either! I saw ya once from a distance, looked like you were enjoying yourself. My legs were spent by noon.

Didn't get anything worthy of posting. To busy hot lapping pow. No lines and fat pow, legz r dun. Didn't touch a single rock.
    No pics!? Fake news!!!

JK. I'm just jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    Can confirm this. Best opener I can remember and didn't find any rocks either! I saw ya once from a distance, looked like you were enjoying yourself. My legs were spent by noon.
    I looked for ya man. Wish we could have skied a few laps. ''Twas good though.

Did Bluewood ever put in the top chair, or are they still running the sled to the top? I enjoyed that immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    No pics!? Fake news!!!

JK. I'm just jealous.

Happy now?

Happy now?
    Nope. Not even in the slightest. I'm even more jealous now.

Me and my buddies also skied silver yesterday. The snow was amazing in the morning. Rode up the lift and could count the amount of lines on the mountain. Everyones stoke levels were through the roof which made it a ton of fun. Praying that most of this week's precipitation is mostly snow for Friday. Hoping to repeat the sneak peek day

Quote Originally Posted by Bdog325 View Post
    Me and my buddies also skied silver yesterday. The snow was amazing in the morning. Rode up the lift and could count the amount of lines on the mountain. Everyones stoke levels were through the roof which made it a ton of fun. Praying that most of this week's precipitation is mostly snow for Friday. Hoping to repeat the sneak peek day
    So did you ride the new sticks or no?
    Snow was still sick in the trees with many fresh lines when I left at 2:30, even the tracked snow was nice and soft and chargy. Stoke meter was pegged all day and hearing all the hoots and hollers was awesome. I rode my ProTest until noon then switched to the Vicik.