Page 10 of 148 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Re:badger, I will let you know for sure. Generally a pretty short window (mid-January normally) where it's open and conditions are good.

It's really about the delicious Lions club cheeseburgers served in the lodge.

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    .......Spout Springs........
    havn't heard that hill mentioned in a long time!
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    I've skied Silver a few times, although it's been a few years. RV parking in the lot in town near the gondola?

Norse, I have also skied Mt. Spokane. Very nice hill indeed -- when it's not foggy (which can be said for most PNW inland areas)
    Ok. Yes on the parking. If you ski there let me know and I'll show you around. I know every inch of that place.

Will do. I'd like to get back there someday.

WTF, I've done skin laps at Spout Springs three times en route to or from Wallowas hut skiing, although I've never ridden SS lifts. Cool little area. It was for sale for awhile. Did anyone buy it?

i skied SS 20 years ago, dont know their current status;
    it was a family operation back in the day, some years they
    didnt open due to low snow, financing, other priorities etc.

I'm hoping for late December conditions @ Lookout this Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    I'm hoping for late December conditions at all the local resorts so it will spread the masses out and give a guy some options.
    Post some pics man when you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    I think you'll get them. Forecast is looking fat. It's hard to not want to hop in the truck and go back after such a good time Saturday.

Seriously I was looking at the forecast for Lookout today and it looks promising.

Wait until we get the whole mountain open fellas and then roll back and we'll hot lap the crap outa Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I'm hoping for late December conditions at all the local resorts so it will spread the masses out and give a guy some options.
    Post some pics man when you're done.
    Will do. I went last Friday and was pleasantly surprised(by the lack of crowds). I think a few more places will open up for this weekend, but so will the stoke levels!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Wait until we get the whole mountain open fellas and then roll back and we'll hot lap the crap outa Silver.
    Shouldn't you take em to Schweitzer, Silver is flat and incredibly boring

Lookout got the worst lift ops who are leash nazis. They will pay more attention to you when you don’t have a leash then a little kid who needs help with loading and almost fell. They say it’s a law... bunch of tards.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by teledance View Post
    Shouldn't you take em to Schweitzer, Silver is flat and incredibly boring
    Shut your dirty whore mouth. Schweitzer is flat to reverse-sloped and it closes early. Everyone knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    Lookout got the worst lift ops who are leash nazis. They will pay more attention to you when you don’t have a leash then a little kid who needs help with loading and almost fell. They say it’s a law... bunch of tards.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Management is really anal about leashes and make money on em too. Was a lifty there and they'll chew your ass for not checking. Funny part my tele skis have none.
    Jono, we all know it's where the cool kids play and powder goes wat too fast.

schweitzer opens tomorrow, rip it up;
    LO and 49N picked up a bit of fresh;
    im going up sherman peak and give the west face
    a look sunday, bringing snowshoes just in case

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot View Post
    im going up sherman peak and give the west face
    a look sunday, bringing snowshoes just in case
    It'd shock me if it goes, considering it doesn't usually fill in until January or later. Maybe this is the year? Hope you score some good turns!

I'm hitting up silver on Sunday when they open for their "sneak peak". Anyone know if I should just use my rock skis or go ahead and use my new Sir Francis Bacons? Don't really wanna screw up new skis this early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdog325 View Post
    I'm hitting up silver on Sunday when they open for their "sneak peak". Anyone know if I should just use my rock skis or go ahead and use my new Sir Francis Bacons? Don't really wanna screw up new skis this early in the season.
    Pm 2funky. He's our expert silver mountain skier.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    It'd shock me if it goes, considering it doesn't usually fill in until January or later. Maybe this is the year? Hope you score some good turns!
    true that .... just planning a little xc tour, nothing heavy

Rock skis no question. Have ya seen silver in the summer? I'll be there Sunday to give my rock skis their yearly base grind

Lookout was good today. Will post some pics tomorrow, unfortunately I broke the charge port on my phone today, but I got a new shitty walmart phone that's capable of emailing pics so I should get it working soon.

Chair 1 and 2 are open. I honestly wouldn't ski anything on chair one due to being south facing and can be rocky even in late March. From what I've heard chair 2 has good coverage and should ski well. I would bring whatever skis you want and ski smart. It's early and not the time to be hunting for fresh pow in off the beaten path areas.
    Rock skis no question. Have ya seen silver in the summer? I'll be there Sunday to give my rock skis their yearly base grind
    I'll be up there as well man. Maybe we can spin a lap, been a while. I'll keep my eye out.

Seconded. I remember the saying among locals use to be that the miners seemed to have taken every rock up there and placed them with the most jagged side up. It's not even thanksgiving. No new skis!

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Bluewood and 49n are on my list this year. My mission pass has reciprocal benefits with those hills (as well as Lookout) so it makes it easy to go ski there. Not that bad of a drive from central Wa either.
    Hit me up when you head to bluewood. Ill join you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app