Tech toe hardware

Anybody have a picture of what the Dynafit tech toe inserts look like before installed into a boot?
    First 360 mute grab --> Andrew Sheppard --> Snowdrifters 1996

look in wildsnow probably one of lou's junkets to the factory
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

http://www.killingtonzone.com/albums...s/IMG_2902.jpg

Also, if you want to buy some tech fittings I can sell you an old pair of TLT4s to cannibalize.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    look in wildsnow probably one of lou's junkets to the factory
    That was easy. Thank you.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fittings-removed-from-boot.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	145403

Quote Originally Posted by Theo-san View Post
    http://www.killingtonzone.com/albums...s/IMG_2902.jpg

Also, if you want to buy some tech fittings I can sell you an old pair of TLT4s to cannibalize.
    Thanks. I just wanted to see the hardware to try and deduce whether the CAST tech toe boot mod will work on my boots (Fischer Vacuum) The sole and toe area seems fairly hollow/thin although it's hard to tell exactly becasue the shell material is opaque black.

Quote Originally Posted by DudeLebowSKI View Post
    Thanks. I just wanted to see the hardware to try and deduce whether the CAST tech toe boot mod will work on my boots (Fischer Vacuum) The sole and toe area seems fairly hollow/thin although it's hard to tell exactly becasue the shell material is opaque black.
    Cast don't put tech toes inserts into boots, just little screw in sockets for up hill use only. They will look nothing like the above picture.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    Cast don't put tech toes inserts into boots, just little screw in sockets for up hill use only. They will look nothing like the above picture.
    I believe the latest rendition of their boot mod does use genuine Dynafit tech inserts? They definitely moved past using the allow key screws. Maybe I'm wrong. I'd love to see exactly what they use.

Quote Originally Posted by DudeLebowSKI View Post
    I believe the latest rendition of their boot mod does use genuine Dynafit tech inserts? They definitely moved past using the allow key screws. Maybe I'm wrong. I'd love to see exactly what they use.
    Not unless they're melting your boots down and injecting them again with the inserts in there. Those inserts are molded into the boots. It would be impossible to "put" a Dynafit insert into a boot after it was made.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Not unless they're melting your boots down and injecting them again with the inserts in there. Those inserts are molded into the boots. It would be impossible to "put" a Dynafit insert into a boot after it was made.
    Hmm..okay, I posted in their thread requesting the exact process. I read somewhere that they had to massage through some politics but that they were able to strike a deal with Dynafit for the fittings. Maybe I misunderstood.

Don't tell blurred. He did it to full tilts.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Those are BD soles on a full tilt boot not licensed Dynafit inserts retrofitted into a pre existing boot. Completely different. You would have to router out a significant part of the sole/toe lug in order to get a true licensed insert into a a boot. Then what would you fill that material in with? Those inserts need to be in the middle of a solid injection. That's half the reason the original Quest inserts failed. They were to thin and soft but also they were places between two different injections.

Arne put tech compatible BD factor soles onto his 150 flex plug boots like 5 years ago I believe. The original "frankenboot"
    Last edited by wasatchback; 11-26-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Those are BD soles on a full tilt boot not licensed Dynafit inserts retrofitted into a pre existing boot. Completely different. You would have to router out a significant part of the sole/toe lug in order to get a true licensed insert into a a boot. Then what would you fill that material in with? Those inserts need to be in the middle of a solid injection. That's half the reason the original Quest inserts failed. They were to thin and soft but also they were places between two different injections.

Arne put BD factor soles onto his 150 flex plug boots like 5 years ago I believe. The original "frankenboot"
    Ya but the CAST modification doesn't need of the same durability as a full fledged factory tech boot. The inserts are purely for ascending and don't need to be as strong. I believe they router a channel for the Dynafit insert, fasten it to the toe somehow and then they install an aftermarket sole on top. Waiting in the other thread for clarification.