Backcountry Beer?

Someone in colorado want to try this out and report back? http://www.patsbcb.com
    Seems like an awesome idea.
    Man, It was great...

I'm curious on this as well. Ideal for backpacking & multi-day bc skiing trips.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

I've never had the opportunity to try it but know several folks who have and they reported that it wasn't bad at all.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

I am gonna wait for the movie.

Next will be Dogfishhead back country blend of liquid hop extracts complete with mini Randall.
    Last edited by scottyb; 11-23-2013 at 07:39 AM.
    watch out for snakes

Tang is to OJ as BC beer is to beer.

I have a few free samples that I'm not going to use. PM me if you want to pass by my house in Littleton and pick them up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TGR Forums
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Back country beer equals scotch.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Back country beer equals scotch.
    Haha, for sure, me I like a good dark spiced rum.

I had seen the carbonator bottle earlier this year and thought it was kind of neat, but I can live without it. But since they started brewing concentrated beer, that can be carbonated later when you want to drink it, seemed like a good use for the product.

Apparently, the bottle, 4 carbonizer blend packages and 4 beer concentrates are equal in weight to one can of beer and all pack into the one water bottle. It seems to raise a very intriguing option once in a while.

Not sure If many have taken the time to look at the whole idea package or not, but I like where it is going. So first hand experience would be cool, cause to get it to me in Calgary, would take some expense, and I'd like to have some real world opinions from those that have tried it.

http://www.youtube.com/v/MLkjZ_RMeKA

From the website

Brew Concentrate
    Craft quality brew concentrate

Beer is typically about 95% water, which makes it heavy, cumbersome, and expensive to transport. But with our innovative and modern brewing process (patent pending) we can create a nearly waterless concentrate that contains all the great flavor, alcohol, and aroma of a premium quality micro brew.

Unlike other concentrate processes, this is not just about making the beer and then “removing” the water afterwards (which is extremely energy inefficient). Instead, our process (patent pending) allows us to start with almost no water, and carefully control the environment of the fermentation. The result… a concentrated brew with all the same great taste you’re used to in a premium micro brew. All you do is add water, carbonate, and enjoy.
    Man, It was great...

So if you hust eat the concentrate gel or whatever that shit is, without adding the water, will you get loaded without all the extra work?

Those packets sorta look like energy gel packets for winos.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post

Those packets sorta look like energy gel packets for winos.
    Keen eye, many gel energy packets are in reality filled with liquid malt extract used to also make beer.
    watch out for snakes

Interesting idea but it seems like a solution searching for a problem. Liquor is quicker.