Whistler - A Bike Season 2013 TR

Rode my bike a few days in Squaw and then decided to head back to Whistler for another season of riding bikes, pushing rubber and just overall debauchery. Found out opening day of the bike park, and since stupid KSL decided to close Squaw and Alpine ridiculously early it was an easy date to make.

I got deathly ill the day before I wanted to leave, so the trip had to be postponed a few days and I had to skip riding in Oregon and Washington. Still had time to hangout with a buddy for a few shuttles in Shasta though.

After the brief stop in Shasta I motored on and made it to BC the next morning.

Got to Whistler in the morning, bought my pass and made it into the line on opening day by about 1:30

Pretty much rode my bike every single day for the first month and half of the season, took just a few pictures

Every now and again id get some work in, here is a great shot of me. . . . minus my head, ahaha

Then this happened. . . . . . broken collarbone and 6 ribs. Man did that suck. (overshot and went nose straight into ground on Freight Train)

So I was forced to do office bitch jobs, and go on some hikes.

Also went camping and watched my buddies having fun while i medicated and took photos

I started to ride my bike again towards the end of the season, which was awesome. Unfortunately no one was around to take photos, because like usual the fall conditions were all time. Stayed until the park closed and then decided I wasnt broke enough to go back to Muricka yet.

Decided to road trip somewhere I havent been before, so a few of us headed out towards the Ice Fields Parkway.
    Kamloops

Ice Fields Parkway

Pretty epic road trip, if you havent done it yet it is badass, do it.

Got back to Whistler and the weather was surprisingly pretty awesome still, so like any moron would, we rode our bikes more.

Did a camping trip to Della as well, which was also perfect weather for late October in BC

All in all a pretty badass season in Whistler again. The injury sucked a bag of dicks and I missed out on another bike heli trip, float plane trip, and some sweet rafting adventures, but I also got to do some really cool hikes that I otherwise wouldnt have bothered with. See you soon Whistler, hopefully next year youll let me live there permanently.

Had to hit the road back towards Tahoe, this time straight through. Flew down to Palm Springs to hangout with family for a few days and hit the links

Now Im back in Squaw sitting around with my thumb up my ass while all my Whistler brethren are skiing freshies everyday. Will winter ever start here???????

Nice! That shot of the raft up on it's side, dang. How did that turn out?

well looks like you had a shit summer...

glad your back into shred mode, collarbones seem to have been the break of the season this year, had 3 other friends do the same, 2 included surgery, yuck

looks like your keeping pooch entertained as well, keep the stoke rolling!

I busted an arm a few summers ago, just took friends dogs for hikes all over was almost a blessing in disguise, just like you said saw a lot I wouldn't have bothered doing if there was riding to be done. This summer was awesome except I worked too much as always

Quote Originally Posted by forty View Post
    well looks like you had a shit summer...

glad your back into shred mode, collarbones seem to have been the break of the season this year, had 3 other friends do the same, 2 included surgery, yuck

looks like your keeping pooch entertained as well, keep the stoke rolling!
    collarbone sucked, but i didnt mention that i broke 6 ribs as well. that SUCKED! and still hurts a bit today, 4 months later. if you ever make it back out the whistler way i still owe ya a few beers from BR

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    Nice! That shot of the raft up on it's side, dang. How did that turn out?
    it was a HUGE hit. 3 swimmers, including guide who supermaned over the whole boat. boat surfed for a couple minutes. photographer, me, almost fell off of the bank and into the river from laughing soo hard.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    I busted an arm a few summers ago, just took friends dogs for hikes all over was almost a blessing in disguise, just like you said saw a lot I wouldn't have bothered doing if there was riding to be done. This summer was awesome except I worked too much as always
    yeah, i cant constitute just going on a hike when i have a bike i want to take. it was cool to be 'forced' to hike, since that is all i could really do

Some Tech trails not in the park

^^^
    Awesome!

Dude you're running Avid brakes?!?!

YOU'RE LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!!!

Sweet report and sweet edits, thanks! Sorry about the collarbone and ribs, missed half the season myself to a broken foot. Injuries suck.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

the gopro does a really good job of making shit look way flatter than it is. good work!