Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Lara Gut is gut. And beautiful. And quite fast.

Stoked for Mikala-
    As predicted NBC had to show LindsHE and all her off snow modeling work. Seriously I dont get her or it. man hands and a giant five head. I do get her ripping skiing. Her Ex's book should be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Doesn't USOC have something to say about whether LV goes to Sochi? Is she really better in gimp mode than all the other healthy female ski racers in the US?
    I was wondering this too.

On a somewhat unrelated note, one of my good friends here at groovy uvy used to race with Mikaela Shiffrin when they were ~10/11. She said Shiffrin was owning people back then as well. Not surprising!

thought shiffrin had first in the gs today until the swede stole it at the end. that girl really rips and she'll only continue to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    thought shiffrin had first in the gs today until the swede stole it at the end. that girl really rips and she'll only continue to get better.
    Yeah, that was a bummer. Still an impressive showing and she was only nudged by .09. Stoked to see her development over the next few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I do think she is good enough that her spot on the team is assured is she is out their with blood on her sock. (Base Ball analogy for you perves.)

The one that gets me is Bodie. How can the guy go from retired and in full custody battle to team member?

Speaks to the historic team depth issues. Also speaks to the power the sponsors have in driving what is really a made for TV event.

LV has got one or two more full out runs left in her which the usoc has b$$$nkd on.
    b

she will be taking part in todays DH training run.

the session is underway...lv went 10th

and finished 1 sec behind Stacey Cook....
    Last edited by cu77; 12-04-2013 at 12:49 PM. Reason: adding

she has a much bigger gap now.
    b

Ooops. Not a positive result from a course she's dominated over the past 5 years.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

tons of heart!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsey Vonn
    "Well, I guess I'm a little rusty...I was more nervous than normal and I didn't ski with confidence...guess that happens after blowing out your knee and not racing for 10 months. Despite my result I'm ecstatic to be racing again and can't wait for another race tomorrow! As always, thank you for the support Xo Lindsey"

She'll be back. With Tigers help.

Lindseeyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Vonn 5th in today's SG

spook Guest
    is this stuff streaming anywhere?

I was watching the SG on Dishworld, Ted, and Bode just finished 1,2 in the Beaver Creek GS. That was shown on NBC Sports. Check dailymotion.com later today for replays.
    Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    is this stuff streaming anywhere?

Bode just got 2nd in today's GS. More than a half second ahead of 3rd place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    I do think she is good enough that her spot on the team is assured is she is out their with blood on her sock. (Base Ball analogy for you perves.)

The one that gets me is Bodie. How can the guy go from retired and in full custody battle to team member?

Speaks to the historic team depth issues. Also speaks to the power the sponsors have in driving what is really a made for TV event.

good result for miller on his last laps.
    b

Any other good recs for where to stream the race (and not just highlights?) we've just been piecing together runs on youtube etc but would be nice to be able to watch multiple runs

Networks had the race this week. As soon as its not on US soil though they dont show shit. If you figure out how to find em let me know too.

It's too bad nbc sports doesn't show repeats of it (instead they show hunting or other BS).

Bodes GS result is pretty impressive. Saw the race and he looked strong.

Quote Originally Posted by racesla View Post
    Bode just got 2nd in today's GS. More than a half second ahead of 3rd place.
    Yes, I need ot have some more faith in my old neighbor. Dude can come off of the beach and put on the skis and beat everyone. Speaks to his ability and our teams inability.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Yes, I need ot have some more faith in my old neighbor. Dude can come off of the beach and put on the skis and beat everyone. Speaks to his ability and our teams inability.
    He did not come off the beach. Guy has been training super hard. Lost 15 lbs, stongest fitest he has been. As for your teams inability? You refering to Canada? Give me a break. Those guys are doing well. Jan Hudak won a training run at the beav then hit a rock on the upper flats on race day and destroyed his skis.
    Manual Paradis got 4th in the super g. That is a great result. I put Canadians on the podium a bunch this year. Their speed team is looking good.

As for watching, dishworld carries everything, most of the time live. $10 a month no contract.