Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    True he did not come off the beach (he has been training) BUT he is not a GS skier so to show up and place second the Ted in the first GS race of the season in his first in a long time is pretty impressive.

Last time Bode was on the Podium in GS was '07. I think that speaks to what kind of shape he is in
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Bode!!!!!

when i 1st read the title of the thread, i though someone had a video of Vonn sucking Tiger off
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

waiting for usoc jurisdiction to expire, then its balls to the walls imo
    b

spook Guest
    Lindsey Vonn: Knee OK despite scare

"I didn't hurt myself more than I'm already hurt," said Vonn, the reigning Olympic downhill champion. "It was a small compression, and it was fully loaded on the right ski and my knee just completely gave out. I tried to pressure the ski again and it gave out again. I had no chance of making that gate, unfortunately."
    With boyfriend Tiger Woods watching from the bottom of the slope, Vonn skied out after her left ski came up in the air, putting all her weight on the troublesome right leg. The American was clearly distressed after pulling up and looked close to tears as she clutched her knee.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/skiing/story/_/id/10175727/lindsey-vonn-says-knee-ok-skiing-downhill

"The thing is I have no ACL. So unless I get surgery there's nothing really magical that I can do that's going to make it better," she said. "I just can get my leg stronger, my muscle stronger and try and support it a little more. But that has a small impact. My knee is loose and it's not stable and that's the way it's going to be from here on out. I just have to get used to it."

good luck with that.
    Last edited by spook; 12-21-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Damn that sucks. I think she needs to pull a Bode and disappear for a year. Maybe take up kayaking for a while and then maybe come back. Painful to watch her now.

spook Guest
    amazing she skied out of that on her bad knee. it would take a miracle for her to make the team and survive qualifying and do anything if her knee is that unstable. i played goalkeeper and basketball for 5 years with no acl because i didn't have insurance and i would go down in a painful heap on a regular basis and none of that was at 70mph. i don't see how she's going to be able to get from point a to point b with her knee that unstable. one little bump and she'll do a lot more damage.

She has already posted some very good (if not for her standards) results since her most recent reinjury. Her tweet today indicated she doesn't have an ACL right now. Injury was worse than a partial re-tear

So she can't have another surgery and get a cadaver ACL and then wait a while and have a stronger knee? Explain.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    So she can't have another surgery and get a cadaver ACL and then wait a while and have a stronger knee? Explain.
    Olympics in a month, next Olympics in 4 years, it's not that hard to figure out, especially because she's no spring chicken.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

She's clearly hoping for 1 good run in Sochi. She'll shut it down, have surgery, and work to come back at some point next year.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Sorry to say it but, she's fawked.

They should stick an up and comer in her spot for the Olympics. IMO it's just too risky to have her race.

Trainwreck, slow motion.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    She's clearly hoping for 1 good run in Sochi. She'll shut it down, have surgery, and work to come back at some point next year.
    Yeah. Her knee keeps talking though and it doesn't seem to like that plan. I wish her the best but as a fan I want her to step aside for now and get the knee fixed.

All its gonna take is one fall and her entire knee will be ripped to shreds. MCL, PCL, meniscus, all that shit. Makes no sense. She already tried to come back and her body said no. She tore the ACL agian...

I wonder what conversations between her and the docs are like.
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

For an athlete like Vonn, the Olympics are a BIG deal money wise. That's driving the train to some degree.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

drugs are a beautiful thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronic View Post
    All its gonna take is one fall and her entire knee will be ripped to shreds. MCL, PCL, meniscus, all that shit. Makes no sense. She already tried to come back and her body said no. She tore the ACL agian...

I wonder what conversations between her and the docs are like.

that and whatever other injuries she suffers in the wreck when her knee gives way. sort of odd that she ends up with tiger, who's had to learn the hard way to shut things down, but he always has another season. olympics at least, she doesn't have that luxury. although i guess tiger is in the same boat as far as majors are concerned. clock is ticking. body is damaged.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    For an athlete like Vonn, the Olympics are a BIG deal money wise. That's driving the train to some degree.
    not just her but the network. i'm sure she's under her self-induced pressure, but i'm sure there's huge pressure coming from other places.

It was a good run girl. Time to pack it in and go for the endorsements.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Time to pack it in
    oh she's packing it in

giggity

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yeah. Her knee keeps talking though and it doesn't seem to like that plan. I wish her the best but as a fan I want her to step aside for now and get the knee fixed.
    Yeah today at Val d probably didn't help things.
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers

It is unfortunate that Vonn may not be able to compete in something she's worked her entire life for. That in itself bites. On the bright side, not having to have the camera constantly panning to Woods will be a blessing.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

HTML Code:
    https://youtu.be/hhVylFtE2YE