Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    I'll lay odds the drama queen shows up to spend countless hours in teh studio talking trash about her competitors and team mates, and keepin the focus all on her.

the curtain call. sad news from a great skier!!!!

Lindsey Vonn · 730,322 like this
    52 minutes ago ·
    I am devastated to announce that I will not be able to compete in Sochi. I did everything I possibly could to somehow get strong enough to overcome having no ACL but the reality has sunk in that my knee is just too unstable to compete at this level. I'm having surgery soon so that I can be ready for the World Championships at home in Vail next February. On a positive note, this means there will be an additional spot so that one of my teammates can go for gold. Thank you all so much for all of the love and support. I will be cheering for all of the Olympians and especially team USA!
    XO Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    when i 1st read the title of the thread, i though someone had a video of Vonn sucking Tiger off
    LOLZ 1234

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    I'll lay odds the drama queen shows up to spend countless hours in teh studio talking trash about her competitors and team mates, and keepin the focus all on her.

yeah, but you're kind of a clueless dickhead lawyer, so you're probably wrong.

spook Guest
    at least she had her chance in the last olympics.

good move on her part, hope she gets better soon.

can we focus on Mancuso? rips it and is hotter than Vonn

Don't understand the Vonn hate. Great skier and dedicated to her training.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    ...Idiot...

Must have been a tough mental battle for Vonn to finally make the right call. Such a fierce drive to compete. I hope she has a complete recovery and gets some more WC wins.

Mancuso is taking a little bit of a break I think. From her Facebook Dec 30th:

You learn the most when things don't go as planned. Sports are exciting and the reward of being at the top, is an unbelievable feeling of fulfillment. But what is even more fulfilling, is the choice to feel good when things seem "bad." Perspective is everything. I'm taking a short break at home to change my perspective, hit the recharge button, explore some equipment issues with my intuition, and most of all have fun with my friends and family. I encourage everyone to always remember there is a bright side to every situation! The universe wants us to smile

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Must have been a tough mental battle for Vonn to finally make the right call. Such a fierce drive to compete. I hope she has a complete recovery and gets some more WC wins.

Mancuso is taking a little bit of a break I think. From her Facebook Dec 30th:

yeah, but hopefully somebody told her she could end her career trying again and now she'll live to race another day. she was racing really well when she first came back. makes me wonder if they could have kept her off of it another month or more -- that's what it's been by now isn't it? maybe things would have stabilized a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Don't understand the Vonn hate. Great skier and dedicated to her training.
    Agreed...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    she was racing really well when she first came back. makes me wonder if they could have kept her off of it another month or more -- that's what it's been by now isn't it? maybe things would have stabilized a little more.
    Quite possible. 2 things need to happen for a successful return from an ACL surgery. 1) return to full strength 2) re-innervation along the graft scaffold. The problem is for most athletes 1) happens quicker than 2) and 2) is dependent not only on graft choice (patella as short as ~6mos, hammy (what LV had) usually 6-9mos, allografts longer still, but can vary significantly from person to person even with the same graft. So you feel really strong and can easily pass the return to sports test, but you may not be really all the way healed yet.

Good call by Vonn to skip the Olympics, she would have been competing at ~90% of her ability down an ACL. Possibly good enough for a decent showing but really unlikely to climb to the top of the podium against the top WCers.

I'm hoping Manucuso can get her equipment and her head straight before Sochi, that's been rough to watch.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Shiffrin is going to kill it!

Quote Originally Posted by Phatstix View Post
    It's clear the torch has passed.

Lindsey Vonn
    Surgery was successful! Resting with loved ones and of course my cuddle buddy Leo. So thankful to have such great people helping me. Will update more later. Xo Lindsey

"Vonn is one of six women[5] to have won World Cup races in all five disciplines of alpine skiing – downhill, super G, giant slalom, slalom, and super combined – and has won 59 World Cup races in her career through the end of the 2013 Alpine Skiing World Cup. Only two ski racers have more World Cup victories in their careers, Annemarie Moser-Pröll of Austria with 62 and Ingemar Stenmark of Sweden with 86. With her Olympic gold and bronze medals, two World Championship gold medals in 2009 (plus three silver medals in 2007 / 2011), and four overall World Cup titles,

Vonn has become the most successful American skier in history."

Just from the injury standpoint; last year I returned from ACL surgery, and while my strength seemed decent, I still babied the thing all season long. Obviously Vonn is on a whole other level with regards to skill, training, support, age, and probably a bunch of other things including success, but I still kind of think she got back to it too early. That injury takes time to fully recover from; I don't care who you are.

I'd rather have seen her take more time, and come back fully recovered, than what ended up happening, but being an Olympic year, think I can appreciate why she would have pushed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatstix View Post
    She just won her 7th slalom title this weekend...
    http://usskiteam.com/news/shiffrin-t...nth-career-win

Out of 46 career WC starts she has won 7 (15% of starts) and podiumed in 14 (30% of starts).
    Take away her "rookie" year(s) when she was only 16yo and still in high school to leave only results from last year (technically she was still in H.S. last year but was racing the WC slalom circuit full time) and this year it looks like this...
    30 starts (this year and last year), 7 wins (23%), 13 podiums (43%!)

Lindsey's career line is very impressive as well:
    325 starts, 59 wins (18%), 103 podiums (32%)
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

man, I thought they made her look like shit on this mag cover. then again, i'm not a huge fan of hers off the hill anyway.

http://www.jockington.com/lindsey-vo...etin-magazine/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1546026_10152188770514728_351692859_n.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	149128

Lindsey Vonn

Working on my balance in therapy. Progress!! #IWILL

Just saw that she's going to work for NBC and be a correspondent for the Olympics. Good for her. Beats being at home watching.

^^I think she is corresponding from home. I saw her on the today show. She looked really good.
    I just think they should give it a rest. You have such insane talent to plug right now, prior to Shochi. Bode's story is insane. The Kitz races were nuts. The guy took a new line that everyone else conformed to (or tried to conform to).
    Shifferin, LIgety?
    They should be focusing on these guys and lady.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    ^^I think she is corresponding from home. I saw her on the today show. She looked really good.
    I just think they should give it a rest. You have such insane talent to plug right now, prior to Shochi. Bode's story is insane. The Kitz races were nuts. The guy took a new line that everyone else conformed to (or tried to conform to).
    Shifferin, LIgety?
    They should be focusing on these guys and lady.
    I again appologize for my backhanded swipe at Bode earlier in this thread. He has come back at the front of the pack. It is going to be a fun olympics for skiing and snow board. Wish we were deeper on the male moguls, but right now I can't think of a time we were deeper across all disciplines on snow.

The progression of mogul skiing in the last 15 years blows me away. Specifically the jumps. What used to be huge is now not worthy of a pre run. If you haven't had the chance, go see an event live. You will not regret it!

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaag Master View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1546026_10152188770514728_351692859_n.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	149128

Lindsey Vonn

Working on my balance in therapy. Progress!! #IWILL
    that brace is enormous compared to what they put my leg after i had my acl done.

Looks like the brace I had
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

spook Guest
    i didn't have the uppermost and lowermost wraps. just one thicker one on top and same on the bottom. but that was 1995 and it wasn't for rehab.