Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    spook Guest
    blowing her knee out again won't keep her from walking, but blowing her knee out and wrecking into a tree or something might.

It is possible to race DH and SG without an ACL, especially on the less technical courses. In a non-Olympic year, I think she would use the judgment to take it slower and let things heal up a bit more as it's easy to feel stronger than the graft really is.

Walking- she'll be fine until she does significant damage to the meniscus, says the guy with 3 ACL replacements in his left knee and 1 in the right.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

The silver lining if LV is down is that we'll see and hear more about Julia Mancuso, who is way cooler anyway.

^^ugh do not agree. I think Julia is a great skier but her personality is too grating for me. the whole kiss my tiara thing makes me want to barf- not that she makes lingerie- I think that's cool- but the name is just so so stupid

Who gives a shit about any of that stuff... What is this Us weekly? I just want to bring home the gold, baby!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Lindsey is about Lindsey and not much else. Julia is involved in some pretty great organizations and gives back to the sport and community. I like that.
    And oh yeah, I think she smokin hot too.

I miss the old days.

You never had to worry about Dianne Roffe ruining her knees getting boned by some celebrity donkey dick.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    I miss the old days.

You never had to worry about Dianne Roffe ruining her knees getting boned by some celebrity donkey dick.

Tears of laughter. Score 1 for yeti

celebrity donkey dick. well played, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Who gives a shit about any of that stuff... What is this Us weekly? I just want to bring home the gold, baby!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TGR Forums
    Don't get me wrong. I'll certainly take a Julia Gold, just don't want to hear more about her stupid business. Just as I actually don't want to hear about Tiger either.
    And yea Toby- sometimes it is like Us Weekly....

What timing-just saw LV on the Today show. Looks like she's going to try and ski the next race I think in Lake Louise Dec 6 but is holding off on deciding anything 100% until on snow again

Our fav skier these days is Mikaela Shiffrin anyway. No drama and Andrew got to coach her years ago at summer ski camp so excited to see her crushing it!

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Doesn't USOC have something to say about whether LV goes to Sochi? Is she really better in gimp mode than all the other healthy female ski racers in the US?

Or does her drama queen schtick and donkey dick BF trump skill?

Waaaaaaay off topic ( the V show is tiring ) but can you see the ski race @BC anywhere online or on TV? possibly live?
    sorry for drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    It is possible to race DH and SG without an ACL, especially on the less technical courses. In a non-Olympic year, I think she would use the judgment to take it slower and let things heal up a bit more as it's easy to feel stronger than the graft really is.

Walking- she'll be fine until she does significant damage to the meniscus, says the guy with 3 ACL replacements in his left knee and 1 in the right.
    Yeah, I think she is mostly just risking her knee (hopefully only the graft, but the point on either meniscus or worse crash is valid)......and she sort of did that by trying to race at 6 months. The rest of us start skiing at 6 months, but understand it takes awhile (year) to totally trust the new graft.

I don't know if she could race without ACL (or partially torn), good question. I skied a whole season with mine totally torn, just braced up, did lots of PT.....and tried to take it easy (no jumping, but did end up straighlining the palisades a few times.....so not that easy). Again, I think the main risk is blowing knee worse.

Hope she is able to race and stays healthy!
    Donjoy to the World!

just on fb:

Lindsey Vonn
    First day back on snow since my crash and it was awesome! I'm very thankful for many things this year (family, loved ones, great fans) but at this moment I'm happy to be on the mountain doing what I love- skiing!! Happy thanksgiving everyone! And a special thx to @vailmtn for opening the lifts early for me xo Lindsey ‪#‎IWILL‬

tough as nails!!!!

donkey kong sent her to work early.
    b

Quote Originally Posted by Slaag Master View Post
    just on fb:

Lindsey Vonn
    First day back on snow since my crash and it was awesome! I'm very thankful for many things this year (family, loved ones, great fans) but at this moment I'm happy to be on the mountain doing what I love- skiing!! Happy thanksgiving everyone! And a special thx to @vailmtn for opening the lifts early for me xo Lindsey ‪#‎IWILL‬

tough as nails!!!!
    Or she wasn't hurt much in the crash but went all euro soccer player to add drama for endorsement action...

Jesus fucking Christ.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Lara Gut from the Swiss downhillers is one hot little speedster!
    and a great skier too
    b

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Lara Gut from the Swiss downhillers is one hot little speedster!
    and a great skier too
    b

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	849 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	145522

Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Mmmmmm.....Lange Bang....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	849 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	145522

Mmmmmm.....Lange Bang....

she is the ladies beaver creek going down hill fast champion!
    b

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Or she wasn't hurt much in the crash but went all euro soccer player to add drama for endorsement action...
    Kind of like the shit she pulled before the last Olympics and then destroyed the field. Sandbagging at its finest.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Sounds like she is gonna go for it, wink wink nudge nudge.
    watch out for snakes