Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    spook Guest
    guess we can expect kobe to go down in a heap, too. everybody's trying to set records for comebacks from serious injuries at advanced ages.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I almost hate to say it, but this is what happens when you are older and you try to come back too soon from a serious injury. I wish her the best. She should take the season off from competitive racing, ski with Tiger and his kids at Deer Valley, and re-evaluate in June.
    Older? Jesusfuckingchrist she's 29, a whole 5 months older than Adrian Peterson. I do agree that people are pushing the envelope in terms of shortened recovery times but I don't think you can chalk it up to being "older" when these folks are still in their prime athletically.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Bummer- I was hoping it was just precautionary/ something minor- rats!!

All I'm saying is that, as a ski racer, when you are severely injured and you are 20-26, you can be more aggressive in your comeback, than when you are severely injured and you are 30. How many more years do you think she has left on the W.C. circuit? My guess, even without the setback, is 0-2.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

She can forget Sochi now.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Seriously, 29-30 is fucking old for a professional athlete that isn't a golfer.

Baseball players peak at 28 give or take and they aren't competing in as physically demanding a sport.

Football players probably bout 25.

Swimmers that aren't Michael Phelps peak in their early to mid 20's.

Basketball players over 30 almost always are former versions of themselves.

The list goes on.

She wont ever be the same.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    I know this is the tough guy TGR forum, but what the fuck? about 60 world cup victories, most over by a woman...

Still two behind Annemarie Proell
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

^3 I think. Pretty sure she has 59.

She'll be back at least for 3 more years. If she can ski on this knee I imagine she will ski the Olympics, get surgery, and rehab properly.

Maybe she can do DH and SG. Less technical, less chance of hooking a gate. Like to see her ski. Turn off volume when she talks.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    This one?

I'm selfishly hoping Lindsey is able to ski in the Olympics. The media spotlight will likely be stuck on Lindsey for the most part, allowing Mikaela to concentrate on her first Olympics and win a medal (or two).
    Without Vonn competing, the media vultures will be circling looking for their next meal (although I'm sure they will work Lindsey in there somehow).
    I'm 100% with you. After seeing her ski in person she doesn't destroy as much as she flows and rails. Not a brute and not a total shit bag ( albeit different discipline) like Lindsay. She is so rad and fired up I hope we don't have to deal with Vonn/Tiger leading into and during the olympics.

I hope we don't have to deal with Vonn/Tiger leading into and during the olympics.

^^^^this. having to listen to Costas, Lauer et al will be vomit inducing enough. sure they'll be all over the screen anyway. "Tiger bought me a new knee. He's such a goof."
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

Baseball players peak at 28 give or take and they aren't competing in as physically demanding a sport.

The list goes on.

See how much you can learn sitting on a couch!!!! So classic........

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

The list goes on.

On a positive note, as woman in her late 20's she's just hitting stride, from a sexual standpoint.

I hope she makes the Olympics. Why the negativity?

I love to watch her ski but as mentioned by an earlier post . . . . can't stand her interviews. Self obsessed melodrama. Her documentary from a few years back is on netflix and even my kids couldn't stand the tone of it. Daddy issues for sure.

Hope she makes it back to the podium at some point and does not fade . . . really sucks for her to get hurt before the big spotlights turn on.
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

Just saw the update. Really sucks.

As hard as it is in sports these days to separate the athlete from the image, you'd still think a skier would get a pass in places like this.

Oh well, even if she did annoy me I'm still not sure I'd wish her an early retirement. Whatever, it's TGR-cubejokeydom right?

Speedy recovery Lindsey, hope the fastest team on earth gets you back soon.
    I still call it The Jake.

^^^^ this
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^^^this

Seriously, I can hardly find any goddamn stoke anywhere in Ski/Snowboard but sorry assholes practicing schadenfreude are never in short supply.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

spook Guest
    i don't know, lyndsay has provided a shitload of stoke over the years. it's fair to lament her loss.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    I know this is the tough guy TGR forum, but what the fuck? about 60 world cup victories, most over by a woman, 5-7(?) overall WC championships? you both are retarded douches.
    Am I glad she blew her ACL? Fuck no and my comment was before the ACL (not that that excuses it) but it's not like I started a Facebook campaign to get her fired. I mean you'd have to be a real retarded (I can't believe someone as enlightened as you would even type such a word) douche to do something like that.

As a skier she's amazing but some of her behavior has left me with a less than favorable opinion of her as a person, not just what I've read and I'll leave it at that.

now i am wondering if camp vonn will let her heal properly or try and run her like a doped race horse??!!? +++healing vibes!!!!!!

pass the Bute
    watch out for snakes

This is sad, indeed. She will risk her ability to walk just to maintain the limelight for a little while. I wish her the best, but fear the worst.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Crazy. Especially considering that her "ACL" is not really an ACL, but rather a 10 inch piece of her hamstring tissue which the surgeon used for a graft. Her real ACL was shredded and removed. I guess if the graft tears completely, they just go back and do the surgery again.