Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27
    I don't think this can be linked, but the post-race interview with Vonn and Stenmark is great. She thinks he's the greatest, so there's that. He's a cool dude.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/video/lind...r-been-my-life
    Oh yeah, this too:
    With Sunday’s bronze, Vonn racked up a few other records. She became the first woman to win a medal at six different World Championships. The oldest female racer to win a World Championships medal. And she matched Annemarie Moser-Pröll’s record, set before Vonn was even born, for the number of World Champs medals in the women’s downhill.
    Last edited by plugboots; 02-11-2019 at 03:22 PM.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I don't think this can be linked, but the post-race interview with Vonn and Stenmark is great. She thinks he's the greatest, so there's that. He's a cool dude.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/video/lind...r-been-my-life
    Oh yeah, this too:
    With Sunday’s bronze, Vonn racked up a few other records. She became the first woman to win a medal at six different World Championships. The oldest female racer to win a World Championships medal. And she matched Annemarie Moser-Pröll’s record, set before Vonn was even born, for the number of World Champs medals in the women’s downhill.
    badass!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    was gonna say the same. Really happy for her. Way to go out in style.
    Ted Williams set the bar high for going out in style, but LV came damn close.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    was gonna say the same. Really happy for her. Way to go out in style.
    +1. Truly storybook ending given state of her body. Unreal. Had sort of mixed feelings about her with all the social media and YouTube channel distractions in past few years. But what a way to finish. She got back to her old school roots, made her grandfather, family, America proud. Grit > all. Respect.

The best post in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    From LV Instagram posing with her teammate. Skier chicks have the finest ass cheeks for sure. Even when mangled. Vonn took a beating too. Tough gals!

Laurenne Ross

Attachment 268408
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

"The pride of Buck Hill" drops the puck.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BukrXVyn...d=ueolqh72vyk6

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/BukrXVyn...d=ueolqh72vyk6
    Lindsey and Kathy Tappen on split screen was a nice bonus.

ESPN tells me that Lindsey and PK have split up, so there's a chance for some of y'all.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

She was hanging out with some bigwig from Underarmour at The Montage and DV for the holiday.
    Railing Tycoon with 185ish HEAD GS skis
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

So we'll never know what kind of crazy funny and sharp lipped super athletes their kids would have been...I guess I'm a little bummed.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I mean, that's cool and all. But I think the real question is what ever happened to Slaag Master?
    Name:  179155_4291539333614_109883282_n.jpg
Views: 1876
Size:  120.3 KB
    Training for Alpental

I didn't know she was from Buck Hill. Not that I should know. Most of my college roommates were from BH, they were amazing skiers (all with a BH racing background) at Bridger. Especially considering their meager home hill that had a good 10' of more vert and 15 more acres (45 total) than my home hill, so that's my excuse.

Oh yeah. Lots of great racers started out there. I grew up near Buck Hill. I think it's actually a landfill hill. I never raced, me and my friends just jumped all day long. Circuits of jumps we made before terrain parks existed. Then we'd go play hockey at night. This was back when Minnesota had real winters.

This was back when Minnesota had real winters.
    Ha, all my Minneapolis friends would most likely take your opinions on current MN winters and shove them all up your butthole. They are depressed as shit as they approach another cold winter (only 15 above, balmy for old timers I know) with kids. KIDS.

Well even though it's not as cold as it used to be, there's no doubt the weather in Minnesota can truly suck. My brothers and sister who live there complain about it all the time. But it can also be really beautiful. I hear this fall was particularly nice.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    I mean, that's cool and all. But I think the real question is what ever happened to Slaag Master?
    Name:  179155_4291539333614_109883282_n.jpg
Views: 1876
Size:  120.3 KB
    What did happen to this guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nothing most likely
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Slaag master is considered a God in remote Papua messynea.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

So we'll never know what kind of crazy funny and sharp lipped super athletes their kids would have been...I guess I'm a little bummed.

yeah, their offspring would likely have been super children. now we'll never know!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

From LV Instagram posing with her teammate. Skier chicks have the finest ass cheeks for sure.
    This fellow wouldn't argue with ya...

Name:  Vonn Patty Cake.jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  132.0 KB

Bummed when she called it quits, but that lucky guy found another job.

BTW, if you haven't checked out The Pack ya might like it - Amazing Race with dogs. The Switzerland episode is my fave.

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    This fellow wouldn't argue with ya...

Name:  Vonn Patty Cake.jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  132.0 KB

Bummed when she called it quits, but that lucky guy found another job.

BTW, if you haven't checked out The Pack ya might like it - Amazing Race with dogs. The Switzerland episode is my fave.
    My dad is kind of a "big fish" type of story teller, but if he is to be believed, his job as a teenager with the women's high school ski team was to rub their legs to keep them warm.

I'm not sure if it's true but I want to believe.

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

We were just watching her dog show the other day.

Anyway, she is tmi with these relationships. Everyone tells me she isn't always super friendly in person. Whatever. Wish her the best.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I didn't know she was from Buck Hill. Not that I should know. Most of my college roommates were from BH, they were amazing skiers (all with a BH racing background) at Bridger. Especially considering their meager home hill that had a good 10' of more vert and 15 more acres (45 total) than my home hill, so that's my excuse.
    She was born in the Twin Cities and started skiing at a very young age at Buck Bill, but then her family moved to Colorado when she was still a child so she could train.

Buck Hill, for being such a small place, has a pretty storied racing history. There are a number of documentary type stories on Youtube about there famous racing coach. Marcus Caston and "Return Of The Turn" did an episode there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUnDyIKeWpY

We were just watching her dog show the other day.

Anyway, she is tmi with these relationships. Everyone tells me she isn't always super friendly in person. Whatever. Wish her the best.

My lady is hooked on this show. It is super dumb.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?