Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Heartfelt interview
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Yep.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I wonder what kind of makeup she uses.
    If I wear that much makeup and cry like she did, I’ll turn into a panda bear.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    I wonder what kind of makeup she uses.
    If I wear that much makeup and cry like she did, I’ll turn into a panda bear.
    it was obnoxious after the weepy interview to keep the camera pinned on her face, as close as they could get. In 4K HD I could see the pores in her skin and lil bumps on her nose. it was weird #noprivacy
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Difficult terrain on what is a moderate blue DH course caught every skier off guard, for sure.

No one expected this sort of course with its constant surface drops and swells. If they had, they would have prepared very differently. This certainly wasn't open highway smooth Lake Louise.

From the rollers immediately out of the start gate to the changes of surface height midway through turns coupled with lots of air, this was a course that required the women to improvise over the time of just four days.

Couple that with all the 90 degree turns we have now compared to 10 years ago and the level of difficulty on long and straight skis is very high.

Goggia was unbelievably ready for the surface nuances of this course. So was Mowinckel.

Vonn skied very well, but just a few tenths off.

I tip my hat to the best skiers in the world.

Sent from my SM-G930T using TGR Forums mobile app

Course favored the nimble, and strong legs of youth. All that rattling and air time is tough on someone like Vonn. Gut got thrashed and thrown off too. Veith as well. All the old guard got bounced around. Even after 4 practice runs, it came down to someone like Goggia to slay the course. That was a well earned Gold on her part.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I agree, good analysis Toadman.

Goggia crushed. She looked like she was skiing atypically conservative and it was all she needed to do. We really need a Sofia Goggia thread. She looked super disappointing when Vonn was bumped down to third place. A one two finish would have been awesome but you have to hand it to Mowinckel for a great run.

Vonn skied well - nothing to be ashamed about. Just happened to be two others who skied slightly better this particular day.

She’s the oldest woman to medal in alpine, so there’s that.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post

That says a lot.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

“It’s sad. This is my last downhill. I wish I could keep going. I have so much fun. I love what I do. My body just probably can’t take another four years. But I’m proud. I’m proud to have competed for my country. I’m proud to have given it my all.
    I hear ya girl, life is best enjoyed at a higher speed, but no one escapes the cost of that. I really appreciate what she's done for not just women's ski racing, but for pushing the boundaries of sport and mortality in general. I have a profound respect for her high standards of achievement and her relentless competitive spirit. She doesn't know fear and she has sacrificed her body to the sport. Not many people out there are made of what she is. She also displayed incredible class and respect for the other competitors in this moment, thank you Lindsey.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    I hear ya girl, life is best enjoyed at a higher speed, but no one escapes the cost of that. I really appreciate what she's done for not just women's ski racing, but for pushing the boundaries of sport and mortality in general. I have a profound respect for her high standards of achievement and her relentless competitive spirit. She doesn't know fear and she has sacrificed her body to the sport. Not many people out there are made of what she is. She also displayed incredible class and respect for the other competitors in this moment, thank you Lindsey.
    Right on.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Vonn skied well - nothing to be ashamed about. Just happened to be two others who skied slightly better this particular day.

I haven't heard anything on whether the course changed in terms of temp and snow relative to what the skis were prepared for. The venue and weather seem to have been particularly difficult in this regard. Anyway, bronze is awesome and subject to health she still looks set for hitting her numbers next season. Super class act and great to see.

So as far as I can tell the combined DH start is at 6:00 PST, even though the main listing says "re-scheduled" It must mean rescheduled to 6:00.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Agreed. Skiers who are skiers end up sacrificing a lot in their bodies with recreational skiing taking a toll. Vonn will have those injuries dogging her for life. But she'll have a good life as a result of her success. I have a friend who was an olympic gold medal gymnast for Russia. He's killing it as a coach in his own gym but the scars on the scars around his shoulders are insane. Never seen so many surgical cuts on anyone like this guy has.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Agreed. Skiers who are skiers end up sacrificing a lot in their bodies with recreational skiing taking a toll. Vonn will have those injuries dogging her for life. But she'll have a good life as a result of her success. I have a friend who was an olympic gold medal gymnast for Russia. He's killing it as a coach in his own gym but the scars on the scars around his shoulders are insane. Never seen so many surgical cuts on anyone like this guy has.
    Got to know Tiger's lil brother Andy (Beach) through a ski buddy I've known for over 20 years. Met his dad, Gale, in college working a giant ski sale at Mt Tom and didn't know what a legend he was until years later. Both were on the world cup, Tiger went to the Olympics (twice ?) super humble , down to earth Vermonters.
    Beach's bachelor party was like a who's who of the ski industry and waaay too much fun.
    http://www.stowetoday.com/stowe_repo...e657cdedb.html
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Think about it, you use only the first name "Tiger" in a Lindsey Vonn thread...

Odds of her finishing slalom on muscle memory?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

50/50 If the men’s slalom is any indication of snow conditions

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    50/50 If the men’s slalom is any indication of snow conditions

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'd say that is generous.

I'm having trouble getting that Eurostream tonite. It's that link you put up yesterday, MTM. you guyz?

I'm having trouble getting that Eurostream tonite. It's that link you put up yesterday, MTM. you guyz?
    I posted a different one in the Olympics thread.
    http://watchkobestreams.ml/euro.php

Thx!

Thx!
    No problem Senor fkna.

She crushed downhill leg of the combined.

Quote Originally Posted by racesla View Post
    She crushed downhill leg of the combined.
    Which makes you a helluva amputee.