Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Interesting. That threw me and I had no idea who she was quoting. Brilliant.
    I still remember the debate, Reagan had wandered and got cut off for time, but it didn't matter.

Vonn is among other things an amazing serial rehab story. Glad she did patch up with her dad more or less. Would be nice to see her do something like Roffe did and get into horses while her knees and back still function well enough to do that.

She didn't have control over the flag on Mancuso.

"She didn't have control over the flag on Mancuso".

Point is knowing that her "buddy" was running next, she could/should have cleared the course...she did have control over the outcome...she just chose poorly.

Well, she won the Super-G today.

How about that?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post

How about that?
    Seriously?

Sent from my LGMS330 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Lol at non political event. We withdrew from Moscow for strictly political reasons.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post

How about that?
    Unreal. Good for her. Whatever else she is, she is tenacious and a champion. Another SG tomorrow, too.

thank you NBC sports.
    gonna watch it on the ipad.
    4:30 am broadcast ? thank you, DVR
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

CONGRATS! Can't wait to watch the race today on the Olympic Channel.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Awesome!

Also a shout out to my favorite Italiano Sofia Goggia for taking second and getting back up on the podium where she belongs.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Awesome!
    Also a shout out to my favorite Italiano Sofia Goggia for taking second and getting back up on the podium where she belongs.
    Goggia was super strong in Korea last year, hopefully she has some confidence under her leading in the Olympic Games. That track/snow in Korea suits Goggia's style and it would be great to see some Olympic medals on her young resume.
    The only disadvantage (or American advantage) is that the US Women Ski Team had a 2 day training camp following the Koran World Cup, getting way more track time than any other nation.

GOLDEN GIRL GOES DOWN!!!!!!!!!! VONN CRASHES IN TRAINING!!!!!

Kinda dig the German announcing. She is unbelievable.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Hats off to LV
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Personally, I'd probably choose to keep the hat on for LV. ;-p

Stoked for her win tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I just figured after giving her the finger I oughta give credit where credit is due. I thought we might see an LV meltdown but she pulled it off.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Wonder why LV didn't start today?

And wonder what Shiffrin's strategy is? Wasn't entered in any of the Val d'Isere races...makes one imagine she is thinking of the overall globe and the olympics, not records.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I just figured after giving her the finger I oughta give credit where credit is due. I thought we might see an LV meltdown but she pulled it off.
    Haha it was Just a little sexual innuendo, considering some of the suspected shes slept with. Tiger=yikes!
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post

And wonder what Shiffrin's strategy is? Wasn't entered in any of the Val d'Isere races...makes one imagine she is thinking of the overall globe and the olympics, not records.
    I watched the 6pm rerun of the race yesterday and they said Shiffrin was somewhere else in Europe where the snow was "hard" for SL training.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Personally, I'd probably choose to keep the hat on for LV. ;-p

Stoked for her win tho
    She is Lindsey fucking Vonn. I'd raw dog the living shit outta that. No fucks given would not think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    She is Lindsey fucking Vonn. I'd raw dog the living shit outta that. No fucks given would not think twice.
    Dude, Tiger. Fucking. Woods. Dude probably has Full blown aids
    Last edited by My Pet Powder Goat; 12-17-2017 at 05:54 PM.
    get paid

It's been planed like this for the whole season. She's 22 years old, during an Olympic year. It's still about tech events for her, with limited speed. Olympic's trump all other races. Expect that next year, she begins to own, all four disciplines.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    It's been planed like this for the whole season. She's 22 years old, during an Olympic year. It's still about tech events for her, with limited speed. Olympic's trump all other races. Expect that next year, she begins to own, all four disciplines.
    Key thing with adding more speed events is whether she stays reasonably healthy or gets ground down. Nice to have her as a young phenom while Vonn is still doing well too.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Slalom takes training, lots and lots of training. They run training gates every opportunity they can to keep their feet fast and be constant in touch with timing and feel.
    Perfect example is in Killington right after the GS race most of the girls went back up the hill and ran 3 to 4 runs through the slalom training hill. Even Shiffrin who was on the GS podium, who had to go through all th post race procedures including formal awards, press conference, and anti-doping, went back up the hill after an hour and a half to run some SL gates.
    For her to go race a DH or SG weekend it takes away from 6 days of SL training. A DH and SG "weekend" is travel on Tuesday, official downhill training on Wed and Thursday, race Friday, race Sat, race Sun.
    She is hand picking the speed races she will enter based on travel schedule and safety levels.
    She is not going to compromise here chance for 2 Olympic medals in SL and GS.
    The schedule is PyeongChang actually sets her up for the ability to race the speed events if she chooses. The Women race GS and SL early in the schedule and have the speed events later in the Olympic schedule. With 2 tech medals around her neck she may have the confidence and desire to race the SG and Combi. I believe that will be a last minute decision if she decides to race.

She's got to be a favorite for the combine of she races
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Slalom takes training, lots and lots of training. They run training gates every opportunity they can to keep their feet fast and be constant in touch with timing and feel.
    Perfect example is in Killington right after the GS race most of the girls went back up the hill and ran 3 to 4 runs through the slalom training hill. Even Shiffrin who was on the GS podium, who had to go through all th post race procedures including formal awards, press conference, and anti-doping, went back up the hill after an hour and a half to run some SL gates.
    For her to go race a DH or SG weekend it takes away from 6 days of SL training. A DH and SG "weekend" is travel on Tuesday, official downhill training on Wed and Thursday, race Friday, race Sat, race Sun.
    She is hand picking the speed races she will enter based on travel schedule and safety levels.
    She is not going to compromise here chance for 2 Olympic medals in SL and GS.
    The schedule is PyeongChang actually sets her up for the ability to race the speed events if she chooses. The Women race GS and SL early in the schedule and have the speed events later in the Olympic schedule. With 2 tech medals around her neck she may have the confidence and desire to race the SG and Combi. I believe that will be a last minute decision if she decides to race.
    Problem with a last minute decision is that each country is only allowed 4 athletes per event. Seems like she would have to commit to the speed events well in advance as not to steal another athlete's spot.

Problem with a last minute decision is that each country is only allowed 4 athletes per event. Seems like she would have to commit to the speed events well in advance as not to steal another athlete's spot.
    In Alpine at the Olympics they can submit the athlete list as late as 24h before the race/official training.
    Yes she would be taking a spot away from another athlete, but someone ranked 40th.
    Some nations take more than the 4 allotted athletes to the Olympics and make a game time decision on who is going to race. This is not unusual.