Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    The fact that you propose to know what was in the heads of every single skier ever is telling, Hugh.
    You are a pretty irritated pissant.
    Just like now, there were people out for the good pow, you can fucking guarantee that. and as to the snowboarding thing...you wouldn't know shit about that. You weren't traveling all over the country to ride new places in 85'...or I would know you! ;-) (there you go, have fun!)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    pissant.
    Like everyone else here wendy I'm only here to give you money so you can tell us how fucking great you were smoking crack in an alleyway back in the 80s. That "we aren't worthy" is the central conceit of every self-proclaimed self-important mountain asshole like yourself; it's the narcissistic conceit that flows through the culture. The best part is you don't see it until a dickwad like me is here and then you pretend that you aren't like that at all; despite plenty of other observers thinking it's just the same. So keep it up fatbitch.

I specifically said I didn't know what was in the head, I said literature. It's not the same, at all. And the people weren't the same, at all, either. There were far less taking shitstains like yourself out to build "legacies". Fucking read it sometime instead of staring at your own navel you little shitstain.

Hugh Conway: laments the olden days of stoke and community; is the only one who feverishly shits on a non-douchey thread topic. Stay classy (and clueless) Hughy.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Hugh Conway: laments the olden days of stoke and community; is the only one who feverishly shits on a non-douchey thread topic. Stay classy (and clueless) Hughy.
    commonlaw: just another TGR yuppie who reads what he wants and creates images of people to feed his own little ego; clueless as always in his ironic stokeless grudge pursuit of someone he perceives to have ironic stokeless grudges; equally as convinced of his own insight and intelligence. you think I lament the passing of a thing; it's not, it's people. you are a different asshole than you were, I can't change that. so go smoke a rock with rideit in an alleyway telling stories of all the hot college poon you banged.

cmc- good waves are for the most part far more fickle in conditions and appearance than powder; hence the inability to transfer the concept of search. You can have good powder days where the day is relatively uniform in quality; it's exceedingly rare because of tides and winds to have similar for high quality waves.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    in that, is it worth it to spend your time and money going from place to place, looking for the perfect run or the best snow or the biggest line ... or are true rewards more often found on our home fronts?
    I can't tell what you're after. For one thing, it isn't always about the perfect run or best snow - consider new vistas and challenges. Your home front isn't the only beautiful/awesome place in the world. Anyway, you sure won't know if you don't travel. And it's only money and time. Only you can say what's worth your time and money.

Are you just looking for confirmation of some sort?

gotta go with blender on this.

I'd think there are thousands of traverses, lines, summits, etc that haven't been done within view of the highways, throughout NA but especially the further North you go. Heck the Northern Coast mountains are pretty damn innaccessible (Waddington area), mainly because of the weather and the fjords. Also, a lot of stuff around here is only skiable on a really good year. Looking at g-earth, its hard to believe that everything has been skied.

That said, at this stage whether someone has done it or not doesn't really come into play much when deciding whether I should go. If its a cool line, I wanna ski it, although if it hasn't been skiied that would definitely add to its coolness.
    Last edited by theshredder; 11-15-2013 at 02:35 PM. Reason: said eob, meant blender before.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    commonlaw: just another TGR yuppie
    You coulda stopped there. It's not hard to find the common thread of people you dislike on TGR (hint: anyone with a pulse and anyone who ironically doesnt meet your criteria for the brodom you denigrate).

Hugh Conway Guest
    You coulda stopped there. It's not hard to find the common thread of people you dislike on TGR (hint: anyone with a pulse and anyone who ironically doesnt meet your criteria for the brodom you denigrate).
    like I said - create whatever fiction you want to feed your little ego

I mean, the thing about the ski media bullshit these days isn't that it's fiction; it's that the fictions are so tedious. "Skittle children go on eco-friendly road trip". like your tedious yuppie life or rideit's tedious fluffing or my idiotic ranting. nobody gives a shit

The problem with HC is that he seems to acheive that at which most of you only flail.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Oh Hugie...don't be mistaken. I am mother-fucking awesome RIGHT NOW!

Sorry your life is so...bland

don't forget to add in most every Seattleite he encounters here too.
    unless he disagrees
    b

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    don't forget to add in most every Seattleite he encounters here too.
    unless he disagrees
    b
    I'm guessing he would disagree.

Hugh?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I live in the deep south drive 3 hours each way to ski a 100% man-made blue run 15 skiable acres on a big day and I shred that shit with my great big fat pow skis wait what were we talking about?
    "Can't you see..."

Hugh Conway Guest
    Oh Hugie...don't be mistaken.
    So post pics of how awesome it is and all of your exploits past and present rideit - because in the 8 years you've been here the best stoke you've ever posted - where you weren't fluffing yourself - was a couple crappy pics of peru. The rest of it blows dude; it's like commonlaw recanting a handjob from jeff bezos. There's a reason a bunch of stokeless dickbag lurkers think you suck as bad as me. 100s of posts proclaiming you are better me and 100s trolling me suggest they might be right.

there's plenty of good people in Seattle

Seriously though, going new and different places is worth it. My cynicism is merely most of the places are becoming less different

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    it's like commonlaw recanting a handjob from jeff bezos.
    Link please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Link please?
    Yeah, no clue otherwise I would provide for ya myself Brit.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Link please?
    reputation.com saved him from the shame of the 1 star handjob review.

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALL TUCKER View Post
    I live in the deep south drive 3 hours each way to ski a 100% man-made blue run 15 skiable acres on a big day and I shred that shit with my great big fat pow skis wait what were we talking about?
    keep reminding yourself it is the padded room.
    b

Talk about fictional narrative.

i.e. it wasn't a handjob, it was a rusty trombone

Hugie, you crack me up! The whole 'I'm awesome' thing is an act, and you know it. I'm just a dork like everyone on here. The only reason I don't post more 'stoke' is that clowns like you tear it apart anyway. It's dinner to just poke you in the nose like this!
    Relax...it's just a time - suck forum. Have you ever posted a picture of anything real? Go ahead, it might make you seem actually human...as much as it seems you find that detestable.
    I have ridden with perhaps hundreds of people from this forum... Pretty much always fun!

Small!

skiing with a bunch of meathead/scientists from this here tgr has been the best. from the early season snow quests to lift served jongness back to summer boating, a parade of mags have joined me along the way!
    the door is always open
    b

Hugh Conway Guest
    The whole 'I'm awesome' thing is an act, and you know it.
    which is why you throw down that I'm not awesome enough, of course. day in, day out. like fucking woo. I've posted TRs in the past, from several continents, including several pictures of people who post here. I've met more. I've told you that many times. You continually ignore that because you are an asshat dickbag who likes to rank people so, of course being on top, you can make money off of them.

Which isn't an act. It's the way the outdoor scene works now. A few assholes spewing a bunch of lies about themselves and places so they can make money, all the while laughing at us stupid fucks you bilk. Which is what "the search" spew is. people spewing lies so they can have a good time and sell shit product to people, occasionally engaging in cultural colonialism.

Get it through your fucking narcississtic head: it's not "the dream" much less "my dream". So fuck off rideit.

Step 3...

PROFIT!

Hugh Conway Guest
    Step 3...

PROFIT!
    Where step 1 is "marry a woman who'll work hard so you can live the dream"?

and step 2 is "spew about your dream life online"?

that's pretty much TGR, clown. don't you have something to sell me? maybe you can be so fucking butthurt you'll post about me on mtbr! that's stoke rideit!

It'd be more funny if it weren't the template.

Mega millions, BABY, MEGAMILLIONS!
    I'm Rick James,
    BITCH!

You are so cute with your imagination!